Update on NJPW Relationship

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Update on NJPW Relationship

Post by cgstong »

Based on a report from Fightful, it would appear that the ROH and NJPW relationship will continue moving forward. It was said that they have an open dialogue and that they do plan on releasing content together as well as add to their working relationship once they can.

Harold Meij's ousting from New Japan Pro Wrestling has many wondering what that means for various partnerships the company has established. We asked about NJPW's working relationship with ROH, as at times -- specifically last year -- it looked like it had ended. While we didn't hear of specific projects, we're told that Ring of Honor and New Japan have an open dialogue and at least tentatively plan on releasing content together. People we spoke to with in ROH are under the impression that New Japan will likely add to their working relationships when available.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
supersonic

Re: Update on NJPW Relationship

Post by supersonic »

Hopefully ROH's ethics coming out of Speaking Out will eventually rub off on big brother.
Montana

Re: Update on NJPW Relationship

Post by Montana »

I've said this before.... but i really think ROH HonorClub & NJPW World need to co-promote each other. Like buy one- get one 50% off. A few bigger NJPW shows on HonorClub; and vice versa. I'm a casual NJPW fan; but would get more into it had it be more linked with a US company.

Neither company has great US television deals either; so they really need to rely on their streaming service. I think there is a lot of opportunity for each company.... but i don't see any joint/co-promotion stuff in the near future. Super J cup would have been a good time for a joint ROH show in the US; and it only looks like Rey Horus is representing ROH.

It's also kind of interesting NJPW is having two Impact wrestlers in Super J cup. I like Chris Bey; and TJP; so i like the picks; but id rather have a few more ROH guys in there. We'll see how all these relationship work out.