Austin Aries calls ROH "a shell of its former self"

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Marketh.

Re: Austin Aries calls ROH "a shell of its former self"

Post by Marketh. »

astoph wrote:
braves87 wrote:
astoph wrote: :o
lol...

im sorry but ill take angle, styles, hardy, roode, aries,storm, daniels, kaz, joe, magnus, bully ray, rvd over richards, steen, wgtt, edwards, strong, elgin, briscoes any day of the week. There's a reason why TNA is viewed by millions every week and ROH is viewed by hundreds.
:o :o :o
The smiley you're looking for is :lol:
Last Real Man Hype
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

don't feed the troll
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

That actually is a pretty even roster in comparison.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Then again, you could call WWE a shell of its former self. Or All Japan. Or the NWA. Everything changes over time and ROH is no exception. Actually that it's been around long enough to be a 'shell of its former self' is an achievement. Been watching the old stuff lately, and it was good and very different from today's ROH. Storylines were more focused and and top tier talent was among the best in the business then, and now they're among the best in the business in different promotions. On the other hand, there was a lot of pure crap in its 'former self' as well.

I think part of it is timing. There were a lot of talented guys out there when ROH got started that could be used. You get that every now and then, like in the late 80's early 90's when some a bunch of hall of fame QBs hit the NFL all at once. There hasn't been a crop like that since. Likewise guys as talented as Joe, Punk, Daniels, Danielson, Styles, Ki, Aries, London, etc. Are hard to find individually, and it's luck if a bunch of them pop up all at once. The current crop of talent, not as talented as that, and it suffers by comparison. I also agree with most people in that the company itself isn't as focused as it could be either. So it's not all a question of talent.

I still enjoy the product, and still find it more enjoyable then anything else out there. Sorry, A Double, I'll be staying where I am, shell or not. ^_^
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

I like a lot of the talent TNA has but the way most are used is horrendous.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

braves87 wrote:
astoph wrote:
braves87 wrote:TNA is a much better product overall than ROH is. Anyone who tries to argue this is absolutely stupid and ignorant.
:o
lol...

im sorry but ill take angle, styles, hardy, roode, aries,storm, daniels, kaz, joe, magnus, bully ray, rvd over richards, steen, wgtt, edwards, strong, elgin, briscoes any day of the week. There's a reason why TNA is viewed by millions every week and ROH is viewed by hundreds.
:lol:
Thanks for putting a smile on my face
MOOSE!