#SpeakingOut

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: #SpeakingOut

Post by kovs27 »

Was it ever made known what Maff did that got him kicked out of the business for that time?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Wolfgang
This one I've overlooked and is perhaps the most disturbing, provided by Laura Ryan, who has since deleted her Twitter account @Rainbow1Kisses

https://411mania.com/wrestling/joey-rya ... isconduct/
After years of the emotional torture that I’ve went through, self harm and mental illness due to the emotional abuse suffered at the hands of one of WWE NXT’s “Superstars”, it’s time I #SpeakOut #SpeakingOut.

I’m not one for posting so publicly on the internet but today I woke up to a message from a close friend with regards to the #SpeakingOut movement in the wrestling scene on Twitter and I have carried this emotional burden with me for years and have since battled with self-harm, mental illness and I’m yet again on the waiting list to see psychologist, I feel like it’s time to share my experience. I was involved in professional wrestling for about 5-6 years a trainee and a valet. In that time, I was engaged to a now WWE NXT professional wrestler, Barry ‘Wolfgang’ Young. During this period, I was an absolute shell of myself due to the emotional abuse I suffered in that relationship. He wasn’t physically abusive with me in that time but he was extremely emotionally manipulative and I caught unsolicited photographs of school girls on his laptop and on his camera memory cards from several occasions, including one he admitted to driving to St. Mungo’s Academy and waiting for the school to finish and proceeded to take photos of school girls as they left. I know a lot of people will be incredibly shocked by this due to the ‘Good guy, couldn’t do more for you’ facade and probably will be a lot of questions regarding why I didn’t come out sooner – but I was so fucking emotionally abused that I feared for my life and it’s taken me a very long time to realize I wasn’t at fault.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:05 am Was it ever made known what Maff did that got him kicked out of the business for that time?
Yes, but I don't feel comfortable speaking out of school on it without permission.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:52 am I would like to think that 15 years is enough time for Maff to have grown from whatever got him cut in 2005, especially since Homicide appears to be on good terms with him now.

You also wanted to put sex pest Jim Cornette and pedophile rob feinslime in a documentary. If Maff did what he's accused of, he should be canceled and his history speaks for itself.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:13 am
kovs27 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:05 am Was it ever made known what Maff did that got him kicked out of the business for that time?
Yes, but I don't feel comfortable speaking out of school on it without permission.
Completely understand. I heard rumours here and there but never anything official.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:23 am
Completely understand. I heard rumours here and there but never anything official.
https://web.archive.org/web/20070127102 ... situation/
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:42 am
kovs27 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:23 am

https://web.archive.org/web/20070127102 ... situation/
Thank you. I remember reading this a long time ago. Completely forgot all about it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:14 am
supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:52 am I would like to think that 15 years is enough time for Maff to have grown from whatever got him cut in 2005, especially since Homicide appears to be on good terms with him now.

You also wanted to put sex pest Jim Cornette and pedophile rob feinslime in a documentary. If Maff did what he's accused of, he should be canceled and his history speaks for itself.
I believe that the worst people can grow from terrible things over a long period of time, which allows opportunity for self-reflection and soul-searching. I would even say that applies to Alberto, who’s accused of actions that If true, could leave lifelong trauma for the accuser.

I speak on this as someone who was a vile, demented, psychotic, egocentric cyber bully in the late 2000s, plagued by maturity and mental health issues. In recent years, grasping the realities of my past has been devastating at times, while also liberating in the end, making me a better person today. The events of this past week have also given me some additional perspective, seeing how this isn’t just about sexual assault or domestic violence, but also the damage from possessiveness and manipulation, two character flaws that defined me in my young adulthood.

I am not wrong or invalid in that belief. I am rooting for all parties to heal from this cultural underbelly, including the perps to realize their devastating errors and out in the effort to dig deep, step out of their unempathetic comfort zones, and spend the rest of their lives moving forward with a positive impact. I am rooting for the victims to move on from their pain and not be defined by their trauma. And I’m rooting for the industry to get the enema it needs so this culture is left in the past.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

AnHonorableMention

supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:01 pm

I believe that the worst people can grow from terrible things over a long period of time, which allows opportunity for self-reflection and soul-searching. I would even say that applies to Alberto, who’s accused of actions that If true, could leave lifelong trauma for the accuser.

I speak on this as someone who was a vile, demented, psychotic, egocentric cyber bully in the late 2000s, plagued by maturity and mental health issues. In recent years, grasping the realities of my past has been devastating at times, while also liberating in the end, making me a better person today. The events of this past week have also given me some additional perspective, seeing how this isn’t just about sexual assault or domestic violence, but also the damage from possessiveness and manipulation, two character flaws that defined me in my young adulthood.

I am not wrong or invalid in that belief. I am rooting for all parties to heal from this cultural underbelly, including the perps to realize their devastating errors and out in the effort to dig deep, step out of their unempathetic comfort zones, and spend the rest of their lives moving forward with a positive impact. I am rooting for the victims to move on from their pain and not be defined by their trauma. And I’m rooting for the industry to get the enema it needs so this culture is left in the past.
Clearly the help you sought fell short. There are many of us who deal day to day with mental health issues, be it anxiety, depression, etc. Those aren't crimes. Pedophilia is a crime. End of story.
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:46 pm
supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:01 pm

Clearly the help you sought fell short. There are many of us who deal day to day with mental health issues, be it anxiety, depression, etc. Those aren't crimes. Pedophilia is a crime. End of story.
Cyber-bullying is also a crime. My help has been excellent, and I don't need to be on the same page as a judgmental prick that got hypocritically butt-hurt and defensive when someone brought up Kobe Bryant's case just because his life ended. I'm sure if that girl in Denver was YOUR loved one, you would've responded like that.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

There’s obviously a lot of things in life we can learn from, be better at, hopefully be understood, forgiven for. I’m certainly not the person I was ten years ago and if I’m totally honest with myself I treated a far few people like shit in one point in my life, who certainly deserved better no matter what I was experiencing myself. I believe context is important for any issue and with the wrestlers in ROH that might be the case it might not. There are though certainly moments or actions that I would say are too much to come back from. We are seeing many of them now and we can’t let them use wrestling again or the people they’ve affected to exercise their demons or their guilt no matter if it’s a one time thing or how long ago it was especially when considering it’s severity. I’m sure for some this will be hard as they may have felt they have grown up changed, understood their actions and tried to make amends for what they did but their are some things that are just unforgivable or something we just shouldn’t be ok to let slide if we want real change.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:40 pm There’s obviously a lot of things in life we can learn from, be better at, hopefully be understood, forgiven for. I’m certainly not the person I was ten years ago and if I’m totally honest with myself I treated a far few people like shit in one point in my life, who certainly deserved better no matter what I was experiencing myself. I believe context is important for any issue and with the wrestlers in ROH that might be the case it might not. There are though certainly moments or actions that I would say are too much to come back from. We are seeing many of them now and we can’t let them use wrestling again or the people they’ve affected to exercise their demons or their guilt no matter if it’s a one time thing or how long ago it was especially when considering it’s severity. I’m sure for some this will be hard as they may have felt they have grown up changed, understood their actions and tried to make amends for what they did but their are some things that are just unforgivable or something we just shouldn’t be ok to let slide if we want real change.
Those I'm confident are completely toast (outside of being booked by a jabroni like Ian Rotten) are Wolfgang, Starr, Joey Ryan, and Alberto. The latter three in particular have a pattern of physical malice that would be too difficult for people to compartmentalize.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I really hope Joey Ryan ends up in prison.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The hits keep on coming for Joey Ryan - https://twitter.com/TheRokC_/status/127 ... 53985?s=20
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

And since Dan Maff was part of the subject matter earlier....

https://twitter.com/RasslingNerd/status ... 54/photo/1
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Considering what’s been put out there Maff’s is low key in comparison but it is still too fucked up to me he has to be done in a ROH
Last edited by BurningHammer on Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.