#SpeakingOut

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: #SpeakingOut

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:57 pm Considering what’s been out out there Maff’s is low key in comparison but it is still too fucked up me he has to be done in a ROH
I agree, certainly not on Dave Crist or Joey Ryan level but when considering his past you would think Maff would be on his best behavior at all times considering his career was being given a 2nd chance.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:05 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:57 pm Considering what’s been out out there Maff’s is low key in comparison but it is still too fucked up me he has to be done in a ROH
I agree, certainly not on Dave Crist or Joey Ryan level but when considering his past you would think Maff would be on his best behavior at all times considering his career was being given a 2nd chance.
Yeah it’s very wrestling ‘boys club’ but for it to be someone young, you can’t live with that shit. I just hope ROH acts show that they have changed and this stuff can’t be tolerated.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I've tagged ROH in that thread, as well as provided the archived quotes from Homicide 15 years ago for them to see. Maff has likely convinced ROH to never give a morality-based blacklisted talent a second chance again.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:02 pm I really hope Joey Ryan ends up in prison.
If I was a pro wrestler and scheduled to work with him, I wouldn't think twice about breaking the "protect your colleagues" code with that motherfucker. I'd ruin his life and career. At best, he'd be the Greg Hardy to my Lane Johnson.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:51 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:46 pm
supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:01 pm

I believe that the worst people can grow from terrible things over a long period of time, which allows opportunity for self-reflection and soul-searching. I would even say that applies to Alberto, who’s accused of actions that If true, could leave lifelong trauma for the accuser.

I speak on this as someone who was a vile, demented, psychotic, egocentric cyber bully in the late 2000s, plagued by maturity and mental health issues. In recent years, grasping the realities of my past has been devastating at times, while also liberating in the end, making me a better person today. The events of this past week have also given me some additional perspective, seeing how this isn’t just about sexual assault or domestic violence, but also the damage from possessiveness and manipulation, two character flaws that defined me in my young adulthood.

I am not wrong or invalid in that belief. I am rooting for all parties to heal from this cultural underbelly, including the perps to realize their devastating errors and out in the effort to dig deep, step out of their unempathetic comfort zones, and spend the rest of their lives moving forward with a positive impact. I am rooting for the victims to move on from their pain and not be defined by their trauma. And I’m rooting for the industry to get the enema it needs so this culture is left in the past.
Clearly the help you sought fell short. There are many of us who deal day to day with mental health issues, be it anxiety, depression, etc. Those aren't crimes. Pedophilia is a crime. End of story.
Cyber-bullying is also a crime. My help has been excellent, and I don't need to be on the same page as a judgmental prick that got hypocritically butt-hurt and defensive when someone brought up Kobe Bryant's case just because his life ended. I'm sure if that girl in Denver was YOUR loved one, you would've responded like that.
Must have mis-remembered because Kobe was never found guilty of anything. Don't besmirch his name. More therapy, less internet message board obsessing.
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Pelle Primeau has added the following:
I can tell you for a fucking fact certain people who manipulated/targeted women in the past are being named tonight in stories displaying behavior that is exactly what I expect of them

(theyre not nor will they ever be my stories to tell so I'm not naming anyone)
and some of them are NOT being named when they should have been named years ago.

Some are "top tier" dudes from a gen ago and by "top tier" I mean "never made it after guys like Bryan moved up" or "got fired from their job in creative" or "weaseled their way into an agent role"
[Joey Ryan] is going to try to flee the country. I'm sure some ppl reading my timeline are buying the tickets for him at this point already. God someone has to find this guy and stop him.
His name is Joseph Ryan Meehan.

Track him down. Alert Authorities.
https://twitter.com/primeau31/status/12 ... 71936?s=20
2015 Joey was on the east coast for JAPW/CZW shows.

He did this ALL THE TIME.
https://twitter.com/Markoutmedia18/stat ... 17664?s=20
i looked up his name the other night and his info seemed to match up. guess what you can’t find now. his info. tried looking up this name today and it’s completely gone.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/sta ... 63008?s=21
The Bar Wrestling Twitter has been deactivated. It is safe to say it is done.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://socaluncensored.com/2020/06/21/j ... oses-down/
After multiple allegations of sexual assault came out in regards to Joey Ryan, he released a statement addressing the claims on Saturday night. After releasing his statement, numerous other allegations came out against him, and Ryan ended up deactivating his Twitter account on Sunday afternoon. In addition, Bar Wrestling, the wrestling promotion started by Ryan in 2017, has ceased operations.

After the flood of allegations, Ryan deactivated his Twitter on Sunday afternoon and has yet to comment further on any of the claims.

Additionally, Bar Wrestling, which was run by Ryan, deactivated their Twitter account on Sunday afternoon. Several people that regularly work for Bar Wrestling have confirmed to SoCalUncensored.com that the promotion is done, but Ryan has not responded to our request for comment as of press time.

Sources have advised us that the Bootleg Theater, the home of Bar Wrestling in Los Angeles, ended their relationship with the promotion on Sunday due to the allegations. The company has made no statement, but Bar Wrestling’s video library is no longer available on the Highspots Network as well.

Bar Wrestling had been on hiatus since March 11, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. They had begun contacting people to work on a no-fans online-only event in July, but we were advised on Friday after allegations started surfacing that event wouldn’t be happening.

Bar Wrestling was created in 2017 and quickly became one of the more popular wrestling promotions in Southern California, running twice a month with large standing room only events. The promotion won the 2019 Southern California Promotion of the Year award, making it the second time a promotion other than PWG had won since 2003.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Torch looks at Travis Banks situation - https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2020/06/21 ... ts-ligero/
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Human Tornado, who exploited the Benoit tragedy for heel heat at BOLA 2007, is showing that his vile pimp gimmick may actually be more than a gimmick. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to learn this motherfucker is a predator.

https://twitter.com/HughMannTornado/sta ... 25888?s=20
I support
@JoeyRyanOnline
. Hundred points symbol
As for Mr. Meehan, the hits keep on coming:
https://twitter.com/slaymysterio/status ... 79840?s=20
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Austin Aries with his idea of being the locker room leader and company's champion:

https://twitter.com/Joselito__D/status/ ... 74369?s=20
Rhett Titus & Kenny King told a story about Rhett bringing a girl to a show and why you don't bring girlfriends to shows. Aries decided to "teach" Rhett a "lesson" & convinced the girl that since he's the locker room leader to kiss one of his balls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... g3qQy1RsUU
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I 'm gonna go easy on Will Ospreay because he's so fucking dumb you have to treat him like a 8 year old.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Colt Cabana, Jonny Storm, Hade Vansen, Brian Dixon, and Darkside
https://twitter.com/jetta_wrestle/statu ... 51744?s=20
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:36 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:02 pm I really hope Joey Ryan ends up in prison.
If I was a pro wrestler and scheduled to work with him, I wouldn't think twice about breaking the "protect your colleagues" code with that motherfucker. I'd ruin his life and career. At best, he'd be the Greg Hardy to my Lane Johnson.
The extent of the number of victims is unbelievable, considering who it is, who he hangs with and his general presence of the scene I can't believe a lot of people knew of this and still made sure he was on shows and got further in his career. Considering the people in wrestling good and bad it wouldn't surprise if he ended up dead but then I'm maybe thinking of a different time in the industry. He a serial predator/rapist and there is only place he should be right now and I hope he gets there and stays for the rest of his natural life.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:25 pm I've tagged ROH in that thread, as well as provided the archived quotes from Homicide 15 years ago for them to see. Maff has likely convinced ROH to never give a morality-based blacklisted talent a second chance again.
I hope his actions don't get lost because of others more high profile ones, I just don't want ROH to hope that it is possible to hide from this. It's talent for goodness sake you can always bring more talent in, the morality of your company and how your talent overall is far more important than great matches and the stars they are.

I also hope every company becomes far more stringent on it's vetting process and their histories and that should be for all aspects of wrestling, especially training facilities.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:01 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:46 pm

Clearly the help you sought fell short. There are many of us who deal day to day with mental health issues, be it anxiety, depression, etc. Those aren't crimes. Pedophilia is a crime. End of story.
Cyber-bullying is also a crime. My help has been excellent, and I don't need to be on the same page as a judgmental prick that got hypocritically butt-hurt and defensive when someone brought up Kobe Bryant's case just because his life ended. I'm sure if that girl in Denver was YOUR loved one, you would've responded like that.
Must have mis-remembered because Kobe was never found guilty of anything. Don't besmirch his name. More therapy, less internet message board obsessing.
Never found guilty and 100% innocent are two different things. If he were innocent, he wouldn’t have issued this apology. Sounds a lot like the stuff the wrestlers you’re ready to crucify have said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=1872928
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:41 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Never found guilty and 100% innocent are two different things. If he were innocent, he wouldn’t have issued this apology. Sounds a lot like the stuff the wrestlers you’re ready to crucify have said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=1872928
David Starr must be a Kobe fan. In addition, it was only natural that once Kobe’s life ended, that shit was gonna resurface in people’s minds when thinking of his legacy. So many of us chose to conveniently bury that situation, but it wasn’t truly let go of.

Schwartz’s behavior ITT is becoming typical, finding ways to dismiss others instead of actually look deeper into a well-publicized case rather than just settling for it’s surface-level legal conclusion. I suppose when Orenthal bites the dust, we’d be totally out of line for mentioning Nicole and Ron Goldman since there was never a guilty verdict. Such a subjectively blowharded, knee jerk individual that doesn’t know when to keep his mouth shut and admit to having the incorrect lens.