#SpeakingOut

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

#SpeakingOut

Post by supersonic »

A full compilation of accusations: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showt ... genumber=1

The latest is that WWE released Jack Gallagher.

Dave Lagana has immediately resigned as NWA VP. The company is temporarily halting all content production, "pending a restructuring of executive management decisions."

WWE wrestlers Matt Riddle, Ligero, and Jordan Devlin have denied their sexual assault allegations, and WWE released the following statement:

"“Individuals are responsible for their own personal actions. WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault. Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated. WWE’s ability to fine, suspend or terminate a WWE talent will not be, however, limited or compromised in any manner in the event incontrovertible evidence of such illegal misconduct is presented to WWE.”"

Progress has indefinitely suspended Devlin, Travis Banks, and Scotty Davis.

AEW released the following statement about Jimmy Havoc:

"We wish Jimmy Havoc all the best as he receives treatment and counseling in an effort to overcome the mental health and substance abuse challenges in his life. We are aware of various reports related to Jimmy. We are evaluating his status with our company and will address it when he has successfully completed his rehabilitation."

Jim Cornette and his wife Stacy have been accused of grooming prospects during their time in OVW to have sex with the latter, using their leverage throughout the business and particularly in Kentucky.

Other moves have been made throughout the industry, which will be updated later.
Last edited by supersonic on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supersonic

Re: #SpeakingOut

Post by supersonic »

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/chik ... ions-abuse
CHIKARA has cut ties with Kobald following allegations of abuse.

Multiple women have come forward accusing Kobald of physical and mental abuse. One woman claimed Kobald would beat her with a belt, burned her with a lighter, and verbally abused her. Another woman claimed he would manipulate her and called him "a lying predator."
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

velvetreen dream damn, that's awful.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://progresswrestling.com/blogs/new ... departures
Further to our statement made earlier today, here is an update regarding specific allegations and current roster members:

David Starr - will no longer be working for PROGRESS

Marc 'Paz' Parry - will no longer be working for PROGRESS

Travis Banks - will no longer be working for PROGRESS

Ligero - will no longer be working for PROGRESS

Jordan Devlin - will be suspended indefinitely // the tag titles have been vacated

Scotty Davis - will be suspended indefinitely // the tag titles have been vacated

We take all these allegations extremely seriously. Those under suspension will have their situation reviewed periodically between now, and events starting again.

We continue to monitor and listen to the Speaking Out movement so that we can take appropriate action where necessary.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/mrichardshost/statu ... 39872?s=20

Matt Richards:
This morning I made the decision to step down from both my roles in creative & as ring announcer at PROGRESS Wrestling

Quite openly & honestly, I've fallen out of love with wrestling
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Pelle Primeau going to town and yeah there's no bull shit there. That's my friend!
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Taka Michinoku
https://twitter.com/corpsecaptain/statu ... 55393?s=20

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/mlw- ... m-haggerty
Ring announcer Mark Adam Haggerty has been released by multiple promotions following allegations of sexual misconduct.

Haggerty has been accused of sending inappropriate messages to underage children. Screenshots were attached to the messages.

Following the allegations, MLW, Catalyst Wrestling, and Battle Club Pro all announced they had cut ties with Haggerty.
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:01 pm Pelle Primeau going to town and yeah there's no bull shit there. That's my friend!
Joey Ryan was the first American name I thought of once Starr got outed. From the sleaze gimmick to Benoit jokes on commentary to the penis shtick to him being a piece of shit on Twitter, this isn’t shocking whatsoever.

Oh yeah, his carny antics as well as part of the PWG Six, at a time when customers had to fight to get their purchased DVDs while the company would throw shade at online pirates on show previews as well as on commentary.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

supersonic wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:21 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:01 pm Pelle Primeau going to town and yeah there's no bull shit there. That's my friend!
Joey Ryan was the first American name I thought of once Starr got outed. From the sleaze gimmick to Benoit jokes on commentary to the penis shtick to him being a piece of shit on Twitter, this isn’t shocking whatsoever.

Oh yeah, his carny antics as well as part of the PWG Six, at a time when customers had to fight to get their purchased DVDs while the company would throw shade at online pirates on show previews as well as on commentary.
I know nothing about commentary, benoit jokes, his twitter, or dvds, but I do know the guy is a predator and now the rest of the world does. Cancel this mother fucker now.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

You may want to add Martin Zaki, ex co-owner of fight club pro to the list. The list of people that have come out are extensive and considering how he stepped away and admitted to his conduct would suggest his guilt.

I also have a feeling there are going to be a fare few big names coming out that will likely affect ROH massively. (Just my opinion, no prior knowledge)
Montana

Post by Montana »

supersonic wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:21 pm Taka Michinoku
https://twitter.com/corpsecaptain/statu ... 55393?s=20

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/mlw- ... m-haggerty
Ring announcer Mark Adam Haggerty has been released by multiple promotions following allegations of sexual misconduct.

Haggerty has been accused of sending inappropriate messages to underage children. Screenshots were attached to the messages.

Following the allegations, MLW, Catalyst Wrestling, and Battle Club Pro all announced they had cut ties with Haggerty.

Supersonic...can you send me a PM with your email? I can't seem to respond to PMs.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:16 am You may want to add Martin Zaki, ex co-owner of fight club pro to the list. The list of people that have come out are extensive and considering how he stepped away and admitted to his conduct would suggest his guilt.

I also have a feeling there are going to be a fare few big names coming out that will likely affect ROH massively. (Just my opinion, no prior knowledge)
Not a roh guy so far in all this..Maybe ospreay?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:33 am
BurningHammer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:16 am You may want to add Martin Zaki, ex co-owner of fight club pro to the list. The list of people that have come out are extensive and considering how he stepped away and admitted to his conduct would suggest his guilt.

Reminder that Lethal had past accusations (leading to an ROH investigation) and Scurll has been publicly rumored on Twitter for years about being an ephebophile.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:33 am

Dan Maff has been mentioned, plus has a past history which could be revisited and would certainly end his career in this current moment and should really. Delirious could be mentioned, Lethal has had rumours around him for a long time outside of what happened last year, wether they are career ending or something that can be moved on from I can’t judge how people will react to any news on that issue.

With Marty it is obviously the most serious one of them all, I don’t like to deal with rumours when they are that serious as it obviously involves serious police investigation and then possibly jail and generally what happens to people convicted of such a crime. It could just be Twitter being Twitter as no one can really remember when and where the rumours started from considering how long ago it was and it was over one particular incident. I had honestly totally forgotten about it all until this brought it back again. I very much hope that it isn’t true and he can move on away from these ‘rumours’ as they can be damaging in themselves. That said if they are true it’s incredibly disturbing and there can be only one course of action for all involved.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I would like to think that 15 years is enough time for Maff to have grown from whatever got him cut in 2005, especially since Homicide appears to be on good terms with him now.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

I very much hope that it isn’t true and lethal, marty and maff can countinue working.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

IWL confirms Pollyana's accusations in her situation with Will Ospreay - https://twitter.com/IntWresLeague/statu ... 86209?s=20
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

supersonic wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:52 am I would like to think that 15 years is enough time for Maff to have grown from whatever got him cut in 2005, especially since Homicide appears to be on good terms with him now.
I would too but there many coming forward with past abuse histories that are even further back than Maff’s and as people should they are taking them seriously. In the current client I honestly don’t think time or even if it’s a one time incident is going to save anyone’s career.

I cannot tell how will everything will turn out right now, the only thing that should happen amid that the wrestlers that are left are the men and women who are clean and we as a whole fan base can feel comfortable with going forward.