#SpeakingOut

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
NewROHFan2020

Re: #SpeakingOut

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:04 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:43 am
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:39 am

Ahhh your one of those, sorry man but when you got so many legitimate stories coming forward it’s hard to ignore to even think it’s not true is quick frankly ridiculous.
Where did I say it wasn’t true? You’re ready to label him rapist and there’s been no charges or whatever. Just because I will wait to call him a rapist, doesn’t mean I don’t believe anything against him.
In Joeys case there are far too many women coming forward. All there stories have a feel of credibility and I have no problem thinking they are true and considering him a rapist. Where as what happened with Trent Seven was obviously a possible shitty event but overall it was used inappropriately with this cause.

Marty has to face the music even if it is a suspension for now, ROH cannot he seen to be ignoring what are obviously serious claims.
That’s fine, I just think, we as wrestling fans, and humans, should cool it on calling people rapists, without “real” evidence or charges.

Remember, we the fan, wield the ultimate power, as we can vote with our eyes and wallets. If you wanna hate Joey Ryan, cool, don’t buy his merch or watch his shows. The promoters will get the message and not book him.

Nobody will sign these guys for a long time, but ultimately the fans will make the choice if they’re accepted or not.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:18 am

Where did I say it wasn’t true? You’re ready to label him rapist and there’s been no charges or whatever. Just because I will wait to call him a rapist, doesn’t mean I don’t believe anything against him.
In Joeys case there are far too many women coming forward. All there stories have a feel of credibility and I have no problem thinking they are true and considering him a rapist. Where as what happened with Trent Seven was obviously a possible shitty event but overall it was used inappropriately with this cause.

Marty has to face the music even if it is a suspension for now, ROH cannot he seen to be ignoring what are obviously serious claims.
That’s fine, I just think, we as wrestling fans, and humans, should cool it on calling people rapists, without “real” evidence or charges.

Remember, we the fan, wield the ultimate power, as we can vote with our eyes and wallets. If you wanna hate Joey Ryan, cool, don’t buy his merch or watch his shows. The promoters will get the message and not book him.

Nobody will sign these guys for a long time, but ultimately the fans will make the choice if they’re accepted or not.
I certainly realise the gravity of the words and how they shouldn’t be taken lightly as they can ruin any life very easily, a friend went through it and as the innocent party it was hard to watch what he went through. With Ryan it all feels too credible, there is a pattern, a signature to everything he does. I could understand if say it was one account that displayed a sense of falseness but nothing I have read displays that. It all feels to real, to graphic to be made up.

With Marty, you have to take it seriously regardless. Personally I can see where people will have doubts towards her, considering the multiple people who have taken advantage of her, that can and maybe should raise eyebrows. That still can’t negate ROH’s role to its fans and the other wrestlers in the locker room. They have to show a maturity about the situation that has been severely lacking from every avenue across the world.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/stat ... 41734?s=21
The Bucks and I have decided to hold off on releasing #BTE today. We hope to be back some day in the near future.
https://twitter.com/aprilhunter/status/ ... 99753?s=21
#SpeakingOut Ashley Massaro is dead, y'all. She was RAPED on a military base tour overseas and then told to keep her mouth shut by WWE.
And she's killed herself...not that long ago.
Let's not forget HER story and life.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

A full compilation of accusations: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showt ... genumber=1

This has been added to OP.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:18 am

Just since you used Joey Ryan as an example, if just about any of the accusations are true then he is going to jail. The fans won't get a choice because he committed at least one crime that will constitute jail time.
Montana

Post by Montana »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:46 am well....this is the worst thing that can happen for roh at this time, marty was the booker, the new face, the leader...so fucking sad.

https://twitter.com/mystickttn/status/1 ... 0759725058
Hmmm....not sure all the laws in the UK... but Daniel Edler comes off pretty awful in this. He previously rapes this girl, he pumps her full of drinks, he's trying to make her his GF. Yet , the story is about Marty??

From how it's worded, seems like Marty got a blow job, and did not penetrate. She never said no and basically gave consent. Obviously shes underage... but she liked she worked for the wrestling company at the time. Hard to throw the book at the guy without any proof.

I'd say suspension, maybe some rehab...at most....but we'll see if more details come out.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 pm
monster mafia wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:46 am well....this is the worst thing that can happen for roh at this time, marty was the booker, the new face, the leader...so fucking sad.

https://twitter.com/mystickttn/status/1 ... 0759725058
Hmmm....not sure all the laws in the UK... but Daniel Edler comes off pretty awful in this. He previously rapes this girl, he pumps her full of drinks, he's trying to make her his GF. Yet , the story is about Marty??

From how it's worded, seems like Marty got a blow job, and did not penetrate. She never said no and basically gave consent. Obviously shes underage... but she liked she worked for the wrestling company at the time. Hard to throw the book at the guy without any proof.

I'd say suspension, maybe some rehab...at most....but we'll see if more details come out.
Having a drunk 16 year old perform a sex act on you is a bad look no matter who got her drunk. I will agree that owner does sound like a sexual predator.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

its time for ROH to bring Gabe back
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Marty story sounds fishy to me. Just like the stuff about Bate,ELP & few others. Not surprised about Starr & Ryan tho. It's always the most vocal woke male feminists that are they creepiest ones around women.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status ... 1710040067

Goodbye Joey Ryan and Dave Crist. Take a seat Michael Elgin.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:55 pm Marty story sounds fishy to me. Just like the stuff about Bate,ELP & few others. Not surprised about Starr & Ryan tho. It's always the most vocal woke male feminists that are they creepiest ones around women.
Drunk and 16, what else is there?
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Also this is so much bigger than fans know right now. Lots of people covering up for Joseph Meehan and the like. There time is coming.
Captain Podcast
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Wrestling at the level under WWE is going to go through a dark time right now as they clean up. I hope there is enough good talent for ROH to survive and thrive as a better company behind the scenes when the dust clears.

But considering the lack of word from ROH yet... I worry they're hoping this blows over without anything too damaging. Maff is probably going to get sacrificed. Marty may get off with a suspension if things remain as unclear as they are with his situation.

We need to do better. We don't need Gabe back, I don't care about the nostalgia of his booking. Fuck him and his petty self. And fuck Meehan with a pineapple.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I’d seriously hire Joe Lanza and this forum’s Sean Sedor. They’d be the perfect balance of good cop and bad cop, they’ve got their fingers on the pulse, and Lanza has contacts throughout the scene, along with a business management background.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The following parties appear to be innocent of the really vile accusations:

Trent Seven
Tyler Bate
Jim Cornette
Stacy Cornette

That isn’t to say they’re saints. But the really vile abuses appear false or overblown.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mary-Kate courageously shares her incident - https://twitter.com/marykayfabe/status/ ... 71520?s=20

Piecing it together, I conclude this took place after Respect is Earned.
Last edited by supersonic on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

supersonic wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:17 pm The following parties appear to be innocent of the really vile accusations:

Trent Seven
Tyler Bate
Jim Cornette
Stacy Cornette

That isn’t to say they’re saints. But the really vile abuses appear false or overblown.
Many more than that just give it a bit as this settles down and people look at it objectivity. Right now everyone is like "fuck them all" because it makes them seem like a good person on twitter but that is reckless and lazy take. I'm sick of the Believe Women line.. Give me some evidence not vague stories typed out to fit in a tweet.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »