Best Trilogy in ROH History

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Best Trilogy in ROH History

Post by AlexROH »

Since there's no live shows I've been rewatching a lot of old stuff and I question came to my mind, what will you say is the best trilogy of matches in ROH history? I'm not sure, but some of the best that I can think of are:

- Danielson vs. Roddy (This Means War - Vendetta - SCOH)
- Joe vs. Punk (World Title Classic - JoeVsPunk - ASE)
- Lethal vs. Gresham (HRS - Masters of the Craft - ROH TV)
- Aries vs. Jacobs (Vendetta - Bound By Hate - Rising Above)

What others trilogies or series of matches would you consider the best in ROH history or must see?
monster mafia

Re: Best Trilogy in ROH History

Post by monster mafia »

Kevin Steen vs. Michael Elgin ( Glory By Honor XI- Death Before Dishonor XI - Supercard Of Honor VIII)
El Generico vs. Kevin Steen ( Death Before Dishonor VIII - Final Battle 2010 - Final Battle 2012)
McXal
Donator
Donator

Re: Best Trilogy in ROH History

Post by McXal »

Nothing touches Joe/Punk for me. It is the defining ‘trilogy’ in ROH. The more time passes, the further we get from them and the more ROH deviates from the product it ‘used to be’ - the more special those three matches feel to me.

But to drop in a few more that I’ve not seen mentioned...

Bryan Danielson and Tyler Black had an awesome trilogy in 2008 (Breakout/Southern Navigation/New Horizons) that did as much to legitimise Tyler as his more famous match with Nigel McGuiness at Take No Prisoners.

In fact it was so good they did it again the following year and helped put the ROH on HDNet show on the map too (HDNet Ep 6/Ep 8/Ep 18)

Tyler Black again - his 2010 trilogy with Davey Richards (Death Before Dishonor 8/Tag Wars 2010/HDNet Ep 78) is hugely underrated in my
opinion. DBD8 gets a lot of love - but the two rematches are really good too.

Going further back the Tag Title trilogies between the Briscoes and the Second City Saints (Reborn Stage 2/Round Robin Challenge 3/Death Before Dishonor 2 Pt. 1) or the Briscoes and the Styles/Red team (Night Of Champions/Epic Encounter/Death Before Dishonor) were really fun examples of early Briscoe greatness.