The Bravado bandwagon returns from Japan and brings...

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

The Bravado bandwagon returns from Japan and brings...

Post by fm20000 »

NO ONE? What the hell happened to ROH working with NOAH and bringing in foreign talent.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/bravad ... ers-return

Interested to see how they improved though from the Japan trip. Young Bucks will be a good set of first opponents for them. Unity looks like a great show so far.
cviens

Re: The Bravado bandwagon returns from Japan and brings...

Post by cviens »

As I've said before, NOAH doesn't really have any talent to spare at this point.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Yeah NOAH better work for stay in the bussiness after the yacuza thing.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Pretty sure Noah is busy trying to keep their company from dying to spare talent atm.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Well I didn't mean it HAD to be NOAH. With ROH's top guy being a regular and a champion in NJPW don't you think they'd try to get something in return?
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Can we just be happy the Bandwagon swings into Chicago and complain about Noah in another thread?
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

I just curious to see if the Bravados have improved. Not that they horrible before.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Cool, could be a fun opener. You think there's any chance for the Bravados in the ME?
MOOSE!
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

SBG is not going to do business with the Yakuza. The fact that people are still complaining about the lack of NOAH guys is so pointless.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
cviens

Post by cviens »

fm20000 wrote:Well I didn't mean it HAD to be NOAH. With ROH's top guy being a regular and a champion in NJPW don't you think they'd try to get something in return?
Well you said NOAH. Say what you mean.

ROH may end up seeing King Fale at some point. He's been training with Davey and Tony Kozina. If not, I doubt we'll see anyone from NJPW in ROH. They don't have a working agreement with ROH, Davey just works over there because he wants to.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

cviens wrote:
fm20000 wrote:Well I didn't mean it HAD to be NOAH. With ROH's top guy being a regular and a champion in NJPW don't you think they'd try to get something in return?
Well you said NOAH. Say what you mean.

ROH may end up seeing King Fale at some point. He's been training with Davey and Tony Kozina. If not, I doubt we'll see anyone from NJPW in ROH. They don't have a working agreement with ROH, Davey just works over there because he wants to.
I just miss ROH having big stars from other places coming in. The Chikara thing is cool and all but there's no one from Chikara that makes me go like HOLY SHIT EDDIE KINGSTON IS COMING IN? He's a great wrestler but I wish I could actually be able to see moments from legendary Japanese wrestlers in ROH live instead of having to go back and watch them on tape. Can't really just fly overseas whenever I want to go see them.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

I'm another person that misses having foreign talent come in.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Mr. Small Package wrote:I'm another person that misses having foreign talent come in.
I can't imagine ROH sitting in their evil high chairs purposely denying us foreign talent. I'm sure there are logical reasons.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

I never said there wasn't. I'm only agreeing with fm2000.
cviens

Post by cviens »

Well throughout the history of wrestling it's always been more common for American guys to go to Japan rather than Japanese guys to come here. The list of Americans who have gone over there is much larger.

NJPW has mentioned wanted to expand however and I don't see how they can do that without their talent get exposure in other countries. I know they did their East Coast tour, but it was only three shows. If they sent one of their guys to ROH then it could potentially garner interest in their product through the style he works.

Then again puroresu has a niche audience of sorts it seems. Those who get into it watch all they can, and those who don't watch maybe one or two matches a year, if that. Would a NJPW star coming to ROH change that? It doesn't seem likely since the multiple Japanese stars who have traveled to the US hasn't changed that.

Hopefully we will see at least one or two Japanese talents show up before 2012 is over, but it all comes down to the willingness of Japanese companies to send their talent over. NJPW's willingness may be slim to none after what TNA did to Okada. Same with AJP and Akira Raijin (Kiyoshi) who TNA did fuck all with.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

cviens wrote:Well throughout the history of wrestling it's always been more common for American guys to go to Japan rather than Japanese guys to come here. The list of Americans who have gone over there is much larger.

NJPW has mentioned wanted to expand however and I don't see how they can do that without their talent get exposure in other countries. I know they did their East Coast tour, but it was only three shows. If they sent one of their guys to ROH then it could potentially garner interest in their product through the style he works.

Then again puroresu has a niche audience of sorts it seems. Those who get into it watch all they can, and those who don't watch maybe one or two matches a year, if that. Would a NJPW star coming to ROH change that? It doesn't seem likely since the multiple Japanese stars who have traveled to the US hasn't changed that.

Hopefully we will see at least one or two Japanese talents show up before 2012 is over, but it all comes down to the willingness of Japanese companies to send their talent over. NJPW's willingness may be slim to none after what TNA did to Okada. Same with AJP and Akira Raijin (Kiyoshi) who TNA did fuck all with.
I'll be honest and say I never would have checked out any puro without ROH. I'm still not the biggest fan and don't follow the product that much but I've watched 40-50 matches more than I ever would have without ROH's influence.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Hey! TNA made Okada into world championship material!

That Green Hornet gimmick really paid off
cviens

Post by cviens »

fm20000 wrote:
cviens wrote:Well throughout the history of wrestling it's always been more common for American guys to go to Japan rather than Japanese guys to come here. The list of Americans who have gone over there is much larger.

I'll be honest and say I never would have checked out any puro without ROH. I'm still not the biggest fan and don't follow the product that much but I've watched 40-50 matches more than I ever would have without ROH's influence.
Yeah, the way I see it, there's nothing in it for NJPW, NOAH, or any other Japanese company other than their guy possibly learning new things. It would be different if they were televised over here and sold merchandise over here, but they don't.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Judging by the Pickems very few people expecting the Bravados to pick up a win
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

YimYac wrote:Judging by the Pickems very few people expecting the Bravados to pick up a win
Partly because it's the Bucks, but mainly because we're pretty used to how ROH books its undercard teams - have them put in good displays but lose constantly to the top teams, and pick up wins against the local indy guys or a cobbled-together team.

That describes the first year or so of ANX, and the entire career of Future Shock.