ALL-PURPOSE COVID-19 SITUATION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

ALL-PURPOSE COVID-19 SITUATION THREAD

Post by supersonic »

https://www.f4wonline.com/wrestling-obs ... mic-306586
In a free edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer and guest host Garrett Gonzales discuss the coronavirus outbreak, the best ways to find information, social distancing, how the virus affects the still-going worlds of pro wrestling and MMA, some listener questions, and more.

As always, please consult your personal doctor/physician for specific medical advice related to any condition.
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-1 ... ncellation
Dear ROH Family,

After much consideration and consultation with local officials regarding COVID-19, ROH has decided to cancel this weekend’s 18th Anniversary (Friday, March 13th) and Past vs Present (Saturday, March 14th) shows at Sam’s Town Live in Las Vegas.

This extremely difficult decision was made in conjunction with the most recent developments surrounding COVID-19, known as the Coronavirus.

While the marquee "18th Anniversary" and the very special "Past v Present" events were ready to show the world why Ring of Honor is truly the "Best Professional Wrestling on the Planet," the safety and health of our fans, talents and staff are always our utmost priority.

Additional Information will be provided as soon as possible regarding refunds and potential rescheduling of the events that were set to transpire this weekend.

Once again, thank you for understanding and we truly appreciate your continued patronage and support.
For the next 30 days, all international flights between the US and mainland Europe are suspended.

WWE and the City of Tampa have yet to cancel WrestleMania and its satellite events. while piggybacking promoters are saying the show must go on or alternatively taking all plans under consideration. This week's SmackDown has been moved from Detroit to the Performance Center, and Dynamite is uncertain for the next 2 weeks in Rochester and Newark.

Many regions are banning mass gatherings surpassing 250 people. The NBA, NHL, MLB, and many other sports leagues have suspended their seasons. The NCAA has cancelled all remaining winter and sports championships, as well as the entire men's and women's basketball tournaments. Two players for the Utah Jazz have tested positive for COVID-19, and a game official in another unrelated sports league has as well.

This thread will continue to be updated in the coming days, weeks, and months.
Last edited by supersonic on Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kovs27

Re: ALL-PURPOSE COVID-19 SITUATION THREAD

Post by kovs27 »

AEW Dynamite next week in Rochester is being moved to Jacksonville. The following weeks in Newark has also been rescheduled.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.coca-colacoliseum.com/event ... wwe-live-2
The WWE Live Road to WrestleMania SuperShow event scheduled for this Saturday, March 14 at Coca-Cola Coliseum in Toronto has been cancelled. Refunds are available at all points of purchase.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Gotta make sure to reschedule that rapist tribute show, PWG. Super classy.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:02 pm Gotta make sure to reschedule that rapist tribute show, PWG. Super classy.
A not guilty verdict and re-canting of the story say otherwise. The man was a father, a husband, and an icon as well as a hero and role model for many. Shame on you.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:44 pm
famicommander wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:02 pm Gotta make sure to reschedule that rapist tribute show, PWG. Super classy.
A not guilty verdict and re-canting of the story say otherwise. The man was a father, a husband, and an icon as well as a hero and role model for many. Shame on you.
She never recanted anything and there was no verdict. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/spor ... -case.html

She refused to testify after Kobe's lawyers leaked her name, address, medical and mental health history, and all of her previous sexual partners to the press and engaged in a slut-shaming campaign so heinous it directly led to the creation of rape shield laws in Colorado. She received death threats and had to move out of her own home town.

Kobe himself admitted to strangling her to the officers who first interviewed him.

Her blood was found on her clothes and his clothes.

She had bruising on her face and lacerations in her vagina.

The rape kit performed by the doctor was deemed not consistent with consensual sex.

Kobe himself had this to say:
First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.
The only person who gets an opinion about whether or not she consented to sex is her. Period.

And after she agreed not to testify, he paid her millions of dollars.

He strangled, raped, and slut-shamed a teenager and got away with it because he was good at throwing a rubber ball through a metal circle.

If it had happened in the #metoo era Kobe would still be alive, because he'd be rotting in prison where he belongs.

Nobody's role model should be a rapist.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/poss ... oronavirus
WWE’s current situation in regards to WrestleMania’s status is complex and part of the reason for it has to do with insurance.

On a recent episode of Fightful’s “List & Ya Boy” podcast, Fightful owner Jimmy Van spoke on the ramifications WWE could face by canceling WrestleMania. The economic effect of canceling the show would largely depend on the type of insurance WWE has for WrestleMania and whether or not the city of Tampa ordered WWE to cancel it.

If there was a recommendation, and not an order, from the city to postpone or cancel the show and WWE followed through, the company may not be able to recover some of the financial losses that come with such a decision because of the insurance.

On a recent episode of Fightful’s “List & Ya Boy” podcast, Fightful owner Jimmy Van spoke on the ramifications WWE could face by canceling WrestleMania. The economic effect of canceling the show would largely depend on the type of insurance WWE has for WrestleMania and whether or not the city of Tampa ordered WWE to cancel it.

If there was a recommendation, and not an order, from the city to postpone or cancel the show and WWE followed through, the company may not be able to recover some of the financial losses that come with such a decision because of the insurance.

“The answer comes down to insurance coverage. In pro sports, most leagues opt to pay for premium coverage called communicable disease-related losses. If a pro league acts on the recommendation to cancel as opposed to the order to cancel, they may not be able to trigger coverage, that they may not be able to recoup losses through insurance. That’s what we first saw in Ohio. They recommended canceling events and the Columbus Blue Jackets came out and said they are going to go on as planned. It was because of insurance. But now, Ohio has come out and said, ‘We’re ordering you to do this,'" Van said.

Although what kind of insurance WWE has is unknown, one can surmise that it is a setup similar to those pro leagues. As far as what he believes will happen, Van thinks WWE will do WrestleMania if the city of Tampa issues a recommendation and not an order to cancel or postpone.

“I don’t know what kind of insurance WWE has for WrestleMania, but my guess, especially for an event of that size and that many people, it’s probably similar to most pro leagues. WWE is not going to cancel WrestleMania based on the recommendation from the city of Tampa. They will cancel WrestleMania or move WrestleMania or reschedule WrestleMania if they’re ordered to. That to me is the difference,” Van said.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:44 pm
She never recanted anything and there was no verdict. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/spor ... -case.html

She refused to testify after Kobe's lawyers leaked her name, address, medical and mental health history, and all of her previous sexual partners to the press and engaged in a slut-shaming campaign so heinous it directly led to the creation of rape shield laws in Colorado. She received death threats and had to move out of her own home town.

Kobe himself admitted to strangling her to the officers who first interviewed him.

Her blood was found on her clothes and his clothes.

She had bruising on her face and lacerations in her vagina.

The rape kit performed by the doctor was deemed not consistent with consensual sex.

Kobe himself had this to say:
First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.
The only person who gets an opinion about whether or not she consented to sex is her. Period.

And after she agreed not to testify, he paid her millions of dollars.

He strangled, raped, and slut-shamed a teenager and got away with it because he was good at throwing a rubber ball through a metal circle.

If it had happened in the #metoo era Kobe would still be alive, because he'd be rotting in prison where he belongs.

Nobody's role model should be a rapist.

[cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

You can read the victim's testimony, Kobe's deposition, and everything else I listed. The facts are out and have been since the rape first came to light. You can choose to be willfully ignorant but it doesn't change what happened.

If the victim hadn't been bullied and intimidated into silence like so many Weinstein victims we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Either way, nice rape victim blaming.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Shut the fuck up man.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I will absolutely not stop calling a rapist a rapist. He literally apologized and paid her not to talk about what he did to her. That is not what innocent people do.

At least Mike Tyson went to jail, went bankrupt, sought out therapy, and tried to become a better person before people let him back into mainstream culture. Kobe just went merrily along his way, and now y'all are whitewashing him
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ban this idiot.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

If famicommander was wrong about anything he is saying I would agree with a ban but he isn't. My only complaint is this conversation should be in the Kobe thread. This has nothing to do with COVID-19 effected wrestling shows.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:00 am If famicommander was wrong about anything he is saying I would agree with a ban but he isn't. My only complaint is this conversation should be in the Kobe thread. This has nothing to do with COVID-19 effected wrestling shows.
agree, go talk this in other side...this is wrestling.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

My initial comment was in reference to a show cancelled due to the virus. Captain Podcast is the one who decided to make this a rape stan thread with a flagrant lack of understanding of the facts of the case. I'll stop now.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"My initial comment was in reference to a show cancelled due to the virus" sure....and you make a post with info of the ny times...dumbass
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Donald Trump has declared a national emergency today.

E3 is cancelled this year, while Disney and Universal theme parks are being shut down. The PGA has postponed the Masters. The Boston Marathon has been pushed back to September 14.

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status ... 12737?s=20
This Monday’s RAW, which was to take place in Pittsburgh, will likely move to the Performance Center as well.
https://twitter.com/Jebailey/status/123 ... 88801?s=20
Transparent mention. I can not cancel this event unless the city or hotel asks me too enacting Force Majeur(Google it). Everything in Orlando is open for business, no confirmed cases, Disney is open. If I cancel by my own choice, instant bankruptcy. Please understand my situation
David Bixenspan also looks at the indy impact of a WrestleMania cancellation - https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkev ... stling-wwe
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

This includes WWE Backstage.

supersonic

Post by supersonic »