ROH still tweeting out link to incomplete/broken TV listings

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

ROH still tweeting out link to incomplete/broken TV listings

Post by famicommander »

Today ROH tweeted out this link again:
https://www.rohwrestling.com/tv-listings

I have contacted ROH officials before to point this out but they have never done anything.

Not sure about where you live, but where I live ROH is on Stadium. Stadium is available in my area right now.

When I type my zip code in, it still says no records found.

I live in the #17 media market in the US and it's not possible to find ROH's TV listing in my area on ROH's website.

This is a problem. An easily fixable problem that I notified them about when they first went live with the most recent website design.
famicommander

Re: ROH still tweeting out link to incomplete/broken TV listings

Post by famicommander »

I mean, how freaking hard is it for Sinclair to keep track of which TV stations it owns are airing the wrestling promotion it owns?
Montana

Post by Montana »

off in my area too... this was from before the move to Fox Sports. Yet another area the company needs to fix to grow and develop as a company. And no it shouldn't be rocket science to have this stuff be updated regularly.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think this is a huge area that really needs addressing, when you have two or three wrestling companies that are really benifiting from You Tube wrestling shows there is no reason ROH can't provide one. ROH has the ability to create a huge amount of content if everyone puts their minds to it, when you look at the roster who is on it, and the different personalities and tones involved.

The NWA with Aldis and Marty have shown that you can create a heavy amount of interest with a simple format and that's with a significant difference in quality of talent, especially from a in ring point of view. It would give everyone access and a live point of call every week and honestly if the next few shows deliver the level of interest ROH is generating now there would probably be a significant amount viewership A show like this gives you the ability to tailor everything to your needs without having to sacrifice for Sinclair and their regional affiliates, then when you have the different airing dates through those channels it wouldn't matter when they are on, it just gives everyone the ability to catch up if you missed the 'live' show.

you can even have the current format still running on Sinclair as it gives people the chance to see footage from live events especially if you change it slightly to have say two full matches and the rest edited or a couple of new promos. In they end It just wouldn't be critical to how you build towards shows, it's just there to simply enhance the interest

Also given that you can create Add revenue through youtube, spacific advertising using the likes of the Briscoes, Marty, Taven, Lethal etc would really work in that evironment and you could attract better companies than back and knee braces.

I also think having it specifically in Baltimore would help massively, embed into the community which should feed to bigger shows for the UMBC arena which is obviously becoming a base for ROH. If it becomes big enough, you can hopefully attrack guys from the Raven's and Orioles to boost the ineterest. Then the likes of Philly, Atlanta can still have their shows without having them constantly be TV tapings, imagine Philly having a PPV for a change or an event GBH it would bring those areas back to life for ROH.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laviemarg

Post by Laviemarg »

famicommander wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:03 pm Today ROH tweeted out this link again:
https://www.rohwrestling.com/tv-listings

I have contacted ROH officials before to point this out but they have never done anything.

Not sure about where you live, but where I live ROH is on Stadium. Stadium is available in my area right now.

When I type my zip code in, it still says no records found.

I live in the #17 media market in the US and it's not possible to find ROH's TV listing in my area on ROH's website.

This is a problem. An easily fixable problem that I notified them about when they first went live with the most recent website design.
Great points. I search my NYC zip code and it gives me upstate NY- which is hours away. I believe STADIUM reaches my area OTA but on a very weak sub channel.
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

Finally, I found the information I was looking for! This site seems to be a real finding in many respects https://areaphonecodes.com/united-states/469 . I will make a copy of the codes for me. This information is available on the internet but it is scattered across many pages, and I have no time to make it shorter. Now I have what I need. I will make a table for my reference for further use. I really find it helpful and convenient to use. Thanks a lot for the idea.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They tweeted out the same broken link again 22 minutes ago.

Come on.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They did it again yesterday.

Still retweeting a link that doesn't work.

Way to be professional.

I'm going to bump this thread every time ROH tweets out the broken link until they fix it. It's been broken since the newest redesign of the site launched.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Link works for me - some of the listings appear dated. I have sent an email with who I think are the right folks. Thanks for point this out!