Free Enterprise Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Free Enterprise Official Thread

Post by famicommander »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:07 pm roh entire catalog to honor club coming soon

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/12 ... 9093380096
"and this time, we mean it"
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BLUE MEANIE

FUCK YES

WHERE'S STEVIE AND NOVA
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Embarrassing women’s match.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:09 pm
monster mafia wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:07 pm roh entire catalog to honor club coming soon

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/12 ... 9093380096
"and this time, we mean it"
They’ve been working on it for a while. Over 6 months.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

That was the worst match I have seen from any gender in a decade since that tna one
Captain Podcast
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:46 pm That was the worst match I have seen from any gender in a decade since that tna one
What match?
AnHonorableMention

EvanKnight wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:50 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:46 pm That was the worst match I have seen from any gender in a decade since that tna one
What match?

Sumie/session moth
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Did anyone expect Session Moth to have good matches?
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:57 pm Did anyone expect Session Moth to have good matches?
I didn’t expect much but this was an absolute embarrassment
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:06 pm
indyfan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:57 pm Did anyone expect Session Moth to have good matches?
Ill skip it when i watch the show later. I usually skip the womens matches anyway
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:25 pm
Ill skip it when i watch the show later. I usually skip the womens matches anyway
I would assume that match will be used for interrogation instead of water boarding going forward
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:26 pm
indyfan wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:25 pm

I would assume that match will be used for interrogation instead of water boarding going forward
lol you know it!!!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

What a great show Free Enterprise was. Every match got enough time and nothing felt rushed. The in-ring quality was great, everybody worked hard and the booking was easy and good, with some new contenders and matches for the comming months.

Haskins vs. Shelley ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Bateman/Vincent vs. Castle/Hendy ⭐⭐⭐1/4

Slex vs. Gordon ⭐⭐⭐3/4

Zayne vs. Everett ⭐⭐⭐3/4

MexaBlood vs. Briscoes ⭐⭐⭐⭐3/4

Battle Royal ⭐⭐⭐1/4+

Sumie vs. Martina ⭐⭐1/2

Maff/Cobb vs. Lethal/Gresham ⭐⭐⭐3/4

Horus vs. Brody ⭐⭐⭐1/4

Aldis/Rush vs. PCO/Scurll ⭐⭐⭐1/2

Final rating: 8.5 / 10.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

pco vs aldis for scoh... :| :| :|

also it looks like jon gresham is not yet on the woh train
AnHonorableMention

AlexROH wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:05 pm What a great show Free Enterprise was. Every match got enough time and nothing felt rushed. The in-ring quality was great, everybody worked hard and the booking was easy and good, with some new contenders and matches for the comming months.

Haskins vs. Shelley ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Bateman/Vincent vs. Castle/Hendy ⭐⭐⭐1/4

Slex vs. Gordon ⭐⭐⭐3/4

Zayne vs. Everett ⭐⭐⭐3/4

MexaBlood vs. Briscoes ⭐⭐⭐⭐3/4

Battle Royal ⭐⭐⭐1/4+

Sumie vs. Martina ⭐⭐1/2

Maff/Cobb vs. Lethal/Gresham ⭐⭐⭐3/4

Horus vs. Brody ⭐⭐⭐1/4

Aldis/Rush vs. PCO/Scurll ⭐⭐⭐1/2

Final rating: 8.5 / 10.
You are the most generous ROH fan I've ever seen rate matches. It was a good show but man, you've got this that high, what would your 2004-2008 ratings look like :o :o :o :o
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:34 pm pco vs aldis for scoh... :| :| :|

also it looks like jon gresham is not yet on the woh train
Whomever agented the women's match should be forced to walk backwards across the United States with no GPS.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:35 pm Embarrassing women’s match.
Yeah, I thought the same thing.... I haven't seen her before, and really wouldn't care if i didn't see her again. Seemed decent in the ring, but the super trashy stuff, felt very out of place.

Haskins vs. Shelley 3.5 great opener

Bateman/Vincent vs. Castle/Hendy 3.0,

Slex vs. Gordon 3.25 - 3.5 ... imrpessive debut for Slex.

Zayne vs. Everett 3.5 - Zayne looked better in this match,and everett is making everyone look like a star.

MexaBlood vs. Briscoes 4.5- 4.75 ... Wow... early ROH MOTY

Battle Royal 3.0 - I'd have to watch it again.. but had some highs and lows. ROH battle royals always feel different/odd... it wasn't bad.. just different.

Sumie vs. Martina DUD 1.5

Maff/Cobb vs. Lethal/Gresham 3.25

Horus vs. Brody 3.00

Aldis/Rush vs. PCO/Scurll 3.25

Final rating: 8.5 / 10. Great first half. The second half was solid, but that last hour (4th hour) i was dragging a bit. A lot of really good matches on this show. A few "ehh" moments, but that was mainly the WOH match, which i typically skip. I guess i had high hopes for Moth, and she did not deliver imo. Slex on the other hand looked great. Battle Royal was entertaining... Briscoes vs. Mexablood was incredible. ROH is definitely trending in the right direction.

Also REALLY liked Koff's intro ... one him just saying they are trying to improve, but also specifically saying like they are working to get ALL the shows on HonorClub.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Martina felt like a really weird fit for ROH when they signed her. Being from the U.K. I’ve seen her a fair bit - and she can be extremely entertaining and have decent matches...

...but only in very specific circumstances and situations. Ultra corporate, super serious ROH with a crippling lack of high quality female talent to help elevate her didn’t feel like the right environment.

This felt very much like they have no idea what to do with her, and how to put her into positions where she can positively contribute. Over to Gresh to sort it - because that match was a hot mess. It was uncomfortable in the extreme to watch.

(Rest of the show was fun though! I loved Briscoes/Mexablood and Haskins/Shelley)
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:06 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:35 pm Embarrassing women’s match.
Yeah, I thought the same thing.... I haven't seen her before, and really wouldn't care if i didn't see her again. Seemed decent in the ring, but the super trashy stuff, felt very out of place.

Haskins vs. Shelley 3.5 great opener

Bateman/Vincent vs. Castle/Hendy 3.0,

Slex vs. Gordon 3.25 - 3.5 ... imrpessive debut for Slex.

Zayne vs. Everett 3.5 - Zayne looked better in this match,and everett is making everyone look like a star.

MexaBlood vs. Briscoes 4.5- 4.75 ... Wow... early ROH MOTY

Battle Royal 3.0 - I'd have to watch it again.. but had some highs and lows. ROH battle royals always feel different/odd... it wasn't bad.. just different.

Sumie vs. Martina DUD 1.5

Maff/Cobb vs. Lethal/Gresham 3.25

Horus vs. Brody 3.00

Aldis/Rush vs. PCO/Scurll 3.25

Final rating: 8.5 / 10. Great first half. The second half was solid, but that last hour (4th hour) i was dragging a bit. A lot of really good matches on this show. A few "ehh" moments, but that was mainly the WOH match, which i typically skip. I guess i had high hopes for Moth, and she did not deliver imo. Slex on the other hand looked great. Battle Royal was entertaining... Briscoes vs. Mexablood was incredible. ROH is definitely trending in the right direction.

Also REALLY liked Koff's intro ... one him just saying they are trying to improve, but also specifically saying like they are working to get ALL the shows on HonorClub.
I'll add a couple things, that aren't coming up on our patreon ( [link]patreon.com/anhonorablepod[/link] ). Really fun opener and Alex Shelley is a treat. He's so good I don't think even the most hardcore of hardcore fans realize. He should be the Pure Champ, when they crown a new one. Haskins is great but he's missing that next level, but Flip Gordon is too, which I'll call the curse of Bubba Dudley.

The Hendry/Castle tag was awful and out of the 4 Tyler Bateman is the lone guy who should be on the roster next year, if there is one.

Slex & Flip was good, but I am in the camp of being very meh to Flip. I don't think he has the personality or the skill set to be a heel, and as a face he's lacking the genuine charisma like a young Jay Lethal to connect. Slex was a good heel, fluid. First look at him for me, I'm curious to see more.

Alex Zayne is a star, he's a little older than I would have guessed but he's a superstar in every sense, timing, charisma, playing to the crowd, knowing where the cameras are, he's got everything from flashy moves to size. Everett was solid but he's nothing more than a utility player and a damn good one.

Briscoes/MexaBlood was fun, definitely not the best Briscoes tag or Bandido match but I enjoyed it a lot. More matches like this won't put butts in seats but they'll get people talking.

Battle Royal suffered from goofy participants and predictable spots. Didn't like the finish because as soon as I saw that wasn't the real Dragon Lee I knew where we were going. Did not think it was Flip. Did not care that it was either. Apathetic.

Womens "match" a stain on the surface of professional wrestling. Gresham should have fired both of these two on the fucking spot.

Maff/Cobb vs Calimari & Lethal was out fucking standing. Maff definitely was blown up but man Cobb is so fucking good it hurts to see him hidden in a tag. Brilliant match, best on the show.

Horus/Brody good big man/little man match, Brody is a star and instead of being champ and featured that belt, the belt Samoa Joe made famous as a dominant soul crushing big man with personality and charm, is instead on...

PCO/Marty vs. Aldis/Rush PCO is terrible, it's so hokey. If I wanted to watch an old man bump i'd watch the Undertaker and not Quebecer Pierre. He was cool during the return to prominence (thanks Joey Janela), and now it's just totally warn off. Marty and Aldis and Marty and Rush have incredible chemistry against one another. Aldis taking the fall adds intrigue and I am glad PCO will likely not be ROH champ when it comes to SCOH. He's absolutely useless to me.

Strong show. Stronger than any show I can recall without NJPW assistance.

As for the Joe Koff promo, this guy trying to be humble wearing a 50k watch was hysterical. Also he deserves none of the credit in regards to the video library. Mark Brown, and Ian Riccaboni deserve 100% of the credit. This process has been going on for a while. if Joe and Greg had their way nobody would ever see anything that occurred before they bought the company.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

McXal wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:34 pm Martina felt like a really weird fit for ROH when they signed her. Being from the U.K. I’ve seen her a fair bit - and she can be extremely entertaining and have decent matches...

...but only in very specific circumstances and situations. Ultra corporate, super serious ROH with a crippling lack of high quality female talent to help elevate her didn’t feel like the right environment.

This felt very much like they have no idea what to do with her, and how to put her into positions where she can positively contribute. Over to Gresh to sort it - because that match was a hot mess. It was uncomfortable in the extreme to watch.

(Rest of the show was fun though! I loved Briscoes/Mexablood and Haskins/Shelley)
I've seen here a handful of times. She did an AIW show and a few Mania weekend shows one year, Orlando I think. I've seen her in person and on tape now. I don't think I've ever been more confused as to how a wrestler got booked in ROH than ever before.
Captain Podcast