18th Anniversary Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

18th Anniversary Official Thread

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 18th Anniversary Official Thread

Post by cgstong »

ROH Celebrates 18th Anniversary With Two Big Shows In Las Vegas In March

Ring of Honor has begun its 18th year of delivering the best professional wrestling on the planet, and the company will celebrate its birthday with two huge events in the fight capital of the world – Las Vegas, Nevada.

The weekend begins on Friday, March 13 with the “18th Anniversary” pay-per-view at Sam’s Town Live. Then on Saturday, March 14, the company presents a very special event , “ROH: Past vs. Present” – at the same venue.

Championships will be defended and scores will be settled on the 18th Anniversary pay-per-view, while ROH Past vs. Present features ROH stars from throughout its history taking on your favorite stars of today.

Tickets to both shows go on-sale Friday, January 31st, 2020 at 10:00am PT.

Or get the best seats when you join HonorClub (rohhonorclub.com) today to gain access to the HonorClub pre-sale on Wednesday, January 29th, 2020 at 10:00am PT.

Stay tuned to www.ROHWrestling.com for more information and match announcements! The “18th Anniversary” pay-per-view and “ROH: Past vs. Present” are two shows you will not want to miss!

ROH PRESENTS

18TH ANNIVERSARY (PAY-PER-VIEW)
FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 6:00 PM PT

ROH: PAST VS. PRESENT
SATURDAY, MARCH 14, 6:00 PM PT.

SCHEDULED TO APPEAR ARE AT THIS TIME:

DOUG WILLIAMS, HOMICIDE, MATT SYDAL, NECRO BUTCHER AND ALLISON DANGER.

SAM’S TOWN LIVE
5111 BOULDER HIGHWAY
LAS VEGAS 89122
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:41 pm Some info about necro butcher

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/12 ... 63173?s=19
He lost like 80 pounds so he looks like hes in his 60's now. That happens when you lose a ton of weight. The wrinkles show more.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Gotta book Aries if available. I’d throw in Xavier and Rave too.

Too risky to bring in London, Low Ki, and Richards?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

supersonic wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:38 pm Gotta book Aries if available. I’d throw in Xavier and Rave too.

Low Ki and Aries are with MLW, doubt they'd be available
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I would have to think Amazing Red would get the call.

Never would've thought we'd see the freaking Necro Butcher in ROH in the year 2020, yet here we are!!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Eddie Edwards said he knows Davey is planning to return to wrestling even if in a reduced capacity, and said he (Eddie) would love to see a Wolves reunion at the TNA nostalgia show at Mania weekend.

If Davey is up for that (we don't know if he is), maybe he'd be up for an ROH nostalgia card too.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 pm
supersonic wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:38 pm Gotta book Aries if available. I’d throw in Xavier and Rave too.

Low Ki and Aries are with MLW, doubt they'd be available
I don't believe Aries has appeared in MLW since their PPV where he lost to Teddy Hart. He may be available and ROH has used him for a one time appearance before in Las Vegas.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

If they could get Richards for a one off but if they can't get Edwards then how about a No Remorse Corps reunion with Romero?
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Teddy Hart does all the FSW shows on ROH weekends here in Vegas. I'm guessing he'll be there.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Teddy is poison, keep him away at all costs
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

As a worker I adore Davey. I’ve had full blown ARGUMENTS with people about him as a wrestler.

But isn’t a major barrier to him coming back the fact that his ex wife is in The Allure? Any chance we can write that trash off tv (although I feel I’m in a minority who would keep Mandy around in some capacity) and just have Davey back?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Angelina hasn't done anything wrong in this whole mess (at least since she got to WOH). She was a legit 6 time world champ before she got to WOH and she put up with a shit ton of nonsense in this gong show of a division. She's not Bubba. She doesn't deserve to be punished for what he and Delirious did to the division.

If Davey can't handle his ex wife being around at a one-off nostalgia show, don't book him. If he can handle it, absolutely book him.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

To be fair, I think you make entirely
valid points. I might not quite agree on Angelina’s credentials as a viable in-ring talent, but I think you’re possibly on the money that I’m unfairly lumping her into my negative perception of The Allure and the total mess that became the WOH division!

No comment about what Davey can or can’t get over! I think his past record speaks for itself that the dude is a total wildcard as to what triggers him and what doesn’t!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

McXal wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:01 pm To be fair, I think you make entirely
valid points. I might not quite agree on Angelina’s credentials as a viable in-ring talent, but I think you’re possibly on the money that I’m unfairly lumping her into my negative perception of The Allure and the total mess that became the WOH division!

No comment about what Davey can or can’t get over! I think his past record speaks for itself that the dude is a total wildcard as to what triggers him and what doesn’t!
Angelina's matches in the original Knockouts division from 2007-2010 speak for themselves. She deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Gail Kim and Awesome Kong. She's definitely the lesser of the three, but as both a worker and a character she helped move women's wrestling forward.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Pure speculation on my part... but rumor has it Bubba may be on the TNA reunion show.... that being said.... maybe one of the Impact wrestlers can appear on ROH's reunion show in return.

Embassy reuniting would be cool.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Angelina's matches in the original Knockouts division from 2007-2010 speak for themselves. She deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Gail Kim and Awesome Kong. She's definitely the lesser of the three, but as both a worker and a character she helped move women's wrestling forward.
I can't judge because I've not seen any of that era of TNA. I have a very hard time imagining Angelina Love hanging with Kong and Gail in terms of match quality.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:18 pm
famicommander wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 pm

I can't judge because I've not seen any of that era of TNA. I have a very hard time imagining Angelina Love hanging with Kong and Gail in terms of match quality.
She had multiple great matches with both Gail and Kong.

Like I said, she was definitely the lesser of the three. But she was a perfect foil to both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmRHzkjEW2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fOxvzU2nM8
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Angelina was very good in TNA.