18th Anniversary Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
indyfan

Re: 18th Anniversary Official Thread

Post by indyfan »

delete
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:54 am theres sone bitching online about this tag title match. It kind of gives away that 2guys, 1Tag dont win and why are Marty and Flip getting a tag title shot?
It doesn't have to. If Silas and Woods win then this match becomes a 3 way tag.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Does seem a little odd that Flip/Marty would get a shot at a big PPV, especially considering how many other top tag teams there is now, Briscoes, 2G1T, Cobb/Maff, etc. I could be wrong, but i think all 3 are owed titles shots.

Overall it's not a big deal, and more nit picky, but yeah... i expect some stuff like this, with transitioning bookers and a new booker in general.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

then why even have proving ground matches? Flip and Marty jumping over that makes those matches reduntant
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Does anyone have the same problem with regards to Bandido getting a random TV title match. It’s obviously a theme of the show to just give you great matches, is their any really problem with that.

ROH right now is on a kick to give fans as many good matches as possible and I have no problem with that regardless of build. Even then you can just make this a number one contenders match or just you know enjoy a likely great match.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

delete
Last edited by indyfan on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:36 am Does anyone have the same problem with regards to Bandido getting a random TV title match. It’s obviously a theme of the show to just give you great matches, is their any really problem with that.

ROH right now is on a kick to give fans as many good matches as possible and I have no problem with that regardless of build. Even then you can just make this a number one contenders match or just you know enjoy a likely great match.

I have no problem with ROHs approach personally but they have start doing logical booking to get fans back into it as well as delivering great matches.

Think if Bandido wins he gets a title match at the next PPV. In between ppvs, have tag matches and three ways between Mexi Squad and Le Faccion to build towards the next ppv. I mean who doesnt want see a feud between Dragon Lee and Bandido?
jhtrewin

Post by jhtrewin »

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:36 am Does anyone have the same problem with regards to Bandido getting a random TV title match. It’s obviously a theme of the show to just give you great matches, is their any really problem with that.

I have no problem with it because I feel that I can see the strategy behind it.

They are trying to put on the best matches possible to help build a positive vibe around the company and get more eyes back on the product. I imagine this is a strategy that will be used throughout a lot of this year.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Slex vs Adam Brooks set for the ppv

Niceee.
jhtrewin

Post by jhtrewin »

Havana Pitbulls vs Bandido and Flamita has also been announced for the show
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I hope Caprice Coleman (2004, 2011-present) gets to wrestle for Past vs Present. Someone else can be Riccaboni's sidekick for one night, the world needs those flipping northern lights suplexes.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

jhtrewin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:20 pm Havana Pitbulls vs Bandido and Flamita has also been announced for the show
Past vs present show
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

indyfan wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:51 am

I have no problem with ROHs approach personally but they have start doing logical booking to get fans back into it as well as delivering great matches.

Think if Bandido wins he gets a title match at the next PPV. In between ppvs, have tag matches and three ways between Mexi Squad and Le Faccion to build towards the next ppv. I mean who doesnt want see a feud between Dragon Lee and Bandido?
Yeah for sure. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be build in the end I just don’t think we will get it for a while. It’s a good will year or at least half of one so far it seems and I think we just need to enjoy it for what it is. Then after the Pure Title and Women’s Title the whole company can be built up.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

jhtrewin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:47 am

They are trying to put on the best matches possible to help build a positive vibe around the company and get more eyes back on the product. I imagine this is a strategy that will be used throughout a lot of this year.
Totally agree and I can get behind that especially after what’s previously gone on.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Such a good idea putting Brooks and SLEX together a storied rivalry comes to ROH and sets both guys up well. Booking as it’s meant to be.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

graphics.

AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:53 pm graphics.

Flamita back from a torn meniscus in a month is pretty fucking nutty
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:11 pm

Totally agree and I can get behind that especially after what’s previously gone on.
So why can't they put on the best matches possible while also building to those matches in a logical and intelligent manner?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:38 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:11 pm

So why can't they put on the best matches possible while also building to those matches in a logical and intelligent manner?
That's obviously the next challenge and will be the ultimate litmus test for Marty as a booker but I think it's more about building trust or a sense of understanding of what people want in terms of matches etc. I don't think we can underestimate the little changes that are taking place. Look at how we are actually getting match announcement's early, I can't remember the last time this was happening, sometimes we wouldn't know a lot of a card until say a 2 weeks out now we are getting it close to two/three months. Hopefully when stories start to build over the course of the end of the year these announcements mean more.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »