18th Anniversary Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: 18th Anniversary Official Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Ecks Files

*Delirious also has been signed to compete at ROH Past vs. Present. Former ROH stars previously announced to be in action on the show are Matt Sydal, Homicide and Doug Williams. Necro Butcher and Allison Danger will make special appearances on the show.

*Alex Shelley also will compete on ROH past vs. Present
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I’m glad they’ve made sure that Necro Butcher is there as an appearance only. I still feel he shouldn’t be on the live show.

I would guess it’s going to be Sydal vs Delirious, which seems a waist of Sydal but it’s a match that makes sense.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

So Rush versus PCO feels 95% confirmed with the PCO / Haskins / Rush loser who doesn't get beat facing the winner. Pretty convoluted booking imo. Don't know why you wouldn't just do PCO / Haskins then promote Rush versus the winner. So maybe there is a twist coming. One would presume Marty likes Mark. But still.

If it is Rush / PCO 3, it feels booked perfectly for a cage match although I doubt they can get a cage set up fast enough for a live PPV. Don't know what else you do when the first match is a street fight with electrocutions and the second match is a run in schmoz. So maybe it will be Haskins...
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Kudos to ROH for lowering prices a little bit. Front row last time in Vegas was 100 for both the ppv and tv taping. This time, the ppv is 70 for front row and the throwback show is only 50 for front row! Not a bad deal
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Ticket prices have needed to come down for a long time.

They were still charging as if AEW, MLW, and NJPW USA weren't a thing and Impact were still a non-touring dumpster fire.

You can get away with it when the only semi-national options are you and WWE, but not in 2020.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

They used to sell out Vegas regularly when they were bringing in different NJPW guys.

Matt Taven main eventing the last time didn't fare as well, to no one's surprise.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:02 am Image
The only one that matters.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It's homicide vs Brody king at past vs present
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:04 pm It's homicide vs Brody king at past vs present
holly shit.

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I guess that means no Sabin, but I'm totally down for Generation Next instead.

Hopefully Shelley can still make the TNA show.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Isn't Sabin still recovering from knee surgery? I know he got hurt last jan but didnt he wait like 4 months before getting the surgery? With mulitple major knee surgies i'd imagine it would take him a year or so to be 100%
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:01 pm Isn't Sabin still recovering from knee surgery? I know he got hurt last jan but didnt he wait like 4 months before getting the surgery? With mulitple major knee surgies i'd imagine it would take him a year or so to be 100%
Well he's been announced for the TNA reunion show...
Trevorofhonor24

Post by Trevorofhonor24 »

The weekend is looking really awesome for wrestling fans. I honestly haven’t been excited for an roh year in ages like I am so far for 2020. hopefully past vs present will be live for fans not just the ppv the night before. I would tune in for past vs present 100 percent.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Yeah the stuff announced for the Past vs Present show has me really excited. Haven't been this excited for them to come to Vegas since they did Ospreay/Lethal here.

ROH has been having a great start to this year. The TV show has been pretty good, there's been some cool little segments that I've liked and even though the shows aren't all new material, they have been showing the best stuff from the last Honor Club shows. I've enjoyed the last 3 or 4 weeks. The new Ian/Cary podcast is great. And of course the big announcements for Supercard of Honor show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Damn, another really good one. ROH is killing it right now with all these announcements.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I was just thinking today that that should be Williams' match in Vegas. Very glad it's happening.

They should bring Williams in for the Pure tournament.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »