MARTY SCURLL STAYS WITH ROH AND IS NOW HEAD BOOKER

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: MARTY SCURLL STAYS WITH ROH AND IS NOW HEAD BOOKER

Post by kovs27 »

Of all the people who tried to get the job I never expected Marty to get the power play. Good for him.
Montana

Post by Montana »

What a 48-72 hours for ROH.....

- Bandido Resigns
- Saturday Night at Center stage was Awesome
- New champs!?!
- Marty Scurll Resigns
- Marty is now the head booker!!
- Nick Aldis & potentially a NWA partnership
AND Honor Reigns Supreme tonight... with probably some news with Shane T... and Alex Zayne debuts!!

Fuck yeah....
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Niiiiiiiiiiice. Good luck, Marty! Save ROH please.
MOOSE!
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

As I said back in October, a formality. He was never leaving.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:41 pm As I said back in October, a formality. He was never leaving.
:lol: :lol:
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well.. Like it or not Honorable Mention did call it.

First booking request....

Will Ospreay - Book him for Supercard of Honor 2020!!! He'll be in Florida so it seems like a no brainer right!?!
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

NJPW talent are also free that weekend...book the whole damn crew, Marty.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Montana wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:15 pm Well.. Like it or not Honorable Mention did call it.

Will Ospreay - Book him for Supercard of Honor 2020!!! He'll be in Florida so it seems like a no brainer right!?!
If I was only allowed to tell the story of how and who I found out from, and where everything took place. Maybe one day but it's certainly my first welcome to the business moment.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ryan satin says Marty wants to build a bridge with roh njpw nwa and aew working together
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Montana wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:15 pm Well.. Like it or not Honorable Mention did call it.

Zsj too.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:59 pm Ryan satin says Marty wants to build a bridge with roh njpw nwa and aew working together
I feel like everything would be much simpler if AEW never tried to work with AAA.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Sounds to me like that AEW bit is just them trying to work the fans.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Lynx wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:23 am Sounds to me like that AEW bit is just them trying to work the fans.
100%.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Ok, I asked for Will.... but totally forgot about EL P , what a great addition to supercard of Honor. MAybe dragon Lee vs EL P
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

This news absolutely gives me more interest in ROH this year compared to last year. Alan4L put out a very good tweet thread recently detailing some of Marty's background/experience from all the stages of his career. It's just awesome to get a fresh creative voice in the room that ROH has desperately needed.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

So I wonder Marty going go to be what the elite are for aew like help with business decisions or help hire talent and what should be fun is Marty might try to prove he a better booker then the elite
Montana

Post by Montana »

Got my wish of Will Ospreay for SOH...

So far it looks like the following will be there:

Marty
Dragon Lee
Will Ospreay
Rush
El Phantasmo
PCO
Jay White

#GoingtoLakeland
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Montana wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:25 pm Got my wish of Will Ospreay for SOH...

So far it looks like the following will be there:

Marty
Dragon Lee
Will Ospreay
Rush
El Phantasmo
PCO
Jay White

#GoingtoLakeland
Slex as well.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

New details about Scurll's deal and Delirious role vía WON:

"The company opened its checkbook big with major signings this past week of the two most in-demand talents that had become free agents, in Marty Scurll and Bandido. Both signed multi-year deals. Scurll got what was said to be the most lucrative contract in company history and will work in creative as a co-booker with Hunter Johnston (Delirious) and basically as things are working out will be the lead. The two are working together with Johnston still as the Executive Producer of television and he and Scurll listed as booker. Johnston didn’t disagree with any of Scurll’s ideas or directions this weekend so Scurll did get all his ideas through. Johnston had been full-time booker as well as run the wrestling school since 2010 and had booked since 2010 and been lead booker since 2012 when Jim Cornette left. There had been other people involved in booking in recent years as well but he was always the titled head booker. The plan right now is for Scurll to determine the direction and for Johnston to run the television shows using Scurll’s ideas and adding in details and formatting it for television. Johnston has said that he doesn’t want to get in the way of Scurll’s creative vision. Johnston was said to be thrilled by not having to be in full charge of creative and called it a new lease on life, and hoping that his level of pressure and anxiety would decrease. Essentially Scurll is getting WWE main roster money guaranteed for maybe 40+ dates per year, plus he can work just about anywhere else he wants without the restrictions that ROH talent had in the past. Scurll had been the first choice to be the leader of the Dark Order and AEW for the 12/18 show in Corpus Christi with the heavily criticized beatdown, there was an idea for the show to end with the Scurll reveal, until ROH made Scurll such a great offer to stay. Since he and Nick Aldis are in the top NWA program, they will be working with the NWA once again and Aldis appeared as a surprise on the weekend shows and it wouldn’t surprise me to have some ROH talent show up on the NWA PPV show which takes place 1/24 in Atlanta. They gave the impression and shot an angle for Aldis vs. Scurll as the PPV main event, but it looks like they may be dragging them out as Aldis vs. Flip Gordon was announced for 1/24. It’s notable because when he was not allowed to work the Super J Cup, the feeling was he was going to leave, but the offer was said to be significantly better than the big offer Matt Taven got. He also be working other shows that he wants to. We know the deal won’t allow him to work WWE, and WWE wouldn’t use a guy from another company anyway, and when negotiations were going on, we were told it may not exclude him from AEW although others have said the deal will only exclude AEW and WWE. Scurll’s role when it comes to office work will be to work as a liaison to New Japan, the NWA and other organizations including AEW, which ROH will try and get a working relationship with. That may be difficult because I don’t know what AEW has to gain at this time from an ROH relationship because you never know the twists and turns of the future. Scurll has a lot of friends in AEW so it makes sense to be guy to try and open up communications and boundaries. Those at New Japan love Scurll and they would want to send him more talent this year but they are running so many shows themselves in the U.S. and Japan that it’s hard

Bandido had similar options since pretty much everyone had at least some interest in him, and at one point he was looking to become a free agent this year thinking he could work as the top touring independent star. ROH made the best offer for him as well. It is notable that AEW did not make huge money offers for either. Some are saying AEW isn’t making big money offers right now because they have a full roster that they can’t give enough time in two hours of weekly television to focus on right now. There is a ton of good talent there that isn’t getting a lot of time although guys like Bandido, Scurll and Dragon Lee (who all signed with ROH in recent weeks) are potential big-time stars and Bandido and Lee are young and Mexican as well, since the Mexican-American demo can be huge for wrestling in the U.S. going forward. It also could be that AEW is saving since Matt Hardy, The Revival and Luke Harper will be free agents over the next few months and you have to pick and choose if you’re running a business at least until you get the kind of TV deals WWE has where you can afford anyone".