MARTY SCURLL STAYS WITH ROH AND IS NOW HEAD BOOKER

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: MARTY SCURLL STAYS WITH ROH AND IS NOW HEAD BOOKER

Post by BurningHammer »

Until there is a real change in how they produce TV, there really isn’t going to be much difference in what we’ve from last year till now. I think Marty by the looks of it is certainly thinking ahead and developing certain feuds and continuing on the stronger names and elements of ROH that were formed last year, but he’s still having to form others areas like the women’s division, challengers for the three man titles and world title. With such a long term view I doubt we will see any real momentum until late this year when it will all hopefully start coming together. Right now he seems more focused on wanting to create a much healthier relationship between the company and fans which I can really understand considering where it has been. I would imagine that there is a lot to sort out backstage and we are starting to hear moves being made but I would guess more could be taking place over the next few months and that could hinder the product as a whole for a bit.

Personally I’m really hoping that they will settle in Baltimore and just run TV from there. Simply running a 300-400 seater building that gives you a consistent fan base and the power to to create TV that will tell the stories you want. Then the logic you are creating with the house show matches and moments will finally make sense. Having a satellite TV show just hasn’t worked for ROH in a long time now even more so in this clipped format. Then if you want to relay house show results just create a YouTube show for it, there are numbers for these shows the NWA has proved that even in a small area.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:33 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:47 pm
Shanahan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Yepp. We can gauge how it is going around BITW.
One of the things I've learned in wrestling is that 3 laps through a city/venue is when it becomes fair to gauge what something is or isn't. I'd like to think BITW is too early. I'm going to re-evaluate around Glory By Honor.
Good point but by BITW time if we are still looking for that change in direction towards positive that is a bad sign going forward.
Marty needs time to right the ship, this is no quick fix that’s why a relationship with New Japan and the NWA will help for now, as long as Marty has in mind want he wants for ROH and starts sowing the seeds for it now and throughout the year you have a strong foundation to build from next year. The best part of what’s happened is that everyone for the most part (at least the guys that will really matter) are on multi year contracts, while the others are stable enough in their contract set up that you know they will be around to build with.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:33 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:47 pm
Shanahan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Yepp. We can gauge how it is going around BITW.
One of the things I've learned in wrestling is that 3 laps through a city/venue is when it becomes fair to gauge what something is or isn't. I'd like to think BITW is too early. I'm going to re-evaluate around Glory By Honor.
Good point but by BITW time if we are still looking for that change in direction towards positive that is a bad sign going forward.
You've also got to imagine ROH has locked in so many people for another year, might not be fair to judge Marty until next year when he has his hands in full on the roster.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

In terms of fixing tv... I think you need to right the ship first. Get some hype on the product and generate interest. The most recent episode had 3 full matches I believe, so it seems like they are getting away from a highlight show. I think we agree multiple changes need to take place, it’s just the order in which they occur.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Speaking of TV, SOS/SSS had a fun little 5 min match where everyone looked good. I like SOS going forward. Need some more ring time but i like the look,work and style.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Optimistic that this good start a really good “era” for ROH. Delirious doesn’t get the credit he deserves for the consistency and lack of stupidity ROH has seen. The big issues are creative and building stars. ROHs real problems go back to How people like Cedric, Lio, and Tommasso were used. The real test of Marty will be how people like Haskins end up.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

If you have followed Marty's career this should come as no surprise. He's a smart business guy. What would he do if he left for AEW? He would take a back seat to the rest of them. Good for him, he doesn't need The Elite.
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

Ryan satin says Marty wants to build a bridge with roh njpw nwa and aew working together
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:19 pm If you have followed Marty's career this should come as no surprise. He's a smart business guy. What would he do if he left for AEW? He would take a back seat to the rest of them. Good for him, he doesn't need The Elite.
Agreed. They only have a 2 hour TV show and you can only highlight so many people on it. I’m glad he stuck with ROH.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Maybe since honorablemention knows everything has there been any talk of going live every week because people think that what koff was eluding to last night