MARTY SCURLL STAYS WITH ROH AND IS NOW HEAD BOOKER

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: MARTY SCURLL STAYS WITH ROH AND IS NOW HEAD BOOKER

Post by monster mafia »

Imagine choose the fucking dark order over roh money an head booking , good info but I dont believe that thing about roh wanting to work with aew.

Congrats to the villain.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I hope they work with ROH just so AEW commentary doesn't have to awkwardly stumble over ROH title history.

Like when they pretended that Kaz and Sky had never tagged together without Daniels when in fact they were ROH world tag champs before they got to AEW.

Or when they pretended that Cody has never won a world title when he had just finished off two consecutive "first world title ever" storylines with ROH and NWA.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

There’s interest both ways in working together, it would have started by now if it weren’t for two people at ROH. I think we all know who that is.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

invasion angle or just aew guys appearing in roh..i still cant believe that but time will tell.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I don't have any kind of interest in a AEW/ROH relationship nor a AEW/NJPW one. Stop asking everything in the world of wrestling to be related with AEW haha
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AEW should just dump AAA and wedge itself into NJPW/CMLL/ROH.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:54 pm I don't have any kind of interest in a AEW/ROH relationship nor a AEW/NJPW one. Stop asking everything in the world of wrestling to be related with AEW haha
X2
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:14 pm invasion angle or just aew guys appearing in roh..i still cant believe that but time will tell.
More or less there's no story to really discuss but everyone is friends on both sides and want to work together. As I said two guys stand in the way. If the forbidden door opens, then speculate on the angle. Until then, I'd be grateful AEW even considers the option possible because it would mean butts in seats for ROH.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

Not a good look for Bully criticizing ROH putting the book in Marty's hands. Clearly comes off as jealous, however not sure he intended it to come off that way. He had a fair point about the booker/wrestler role being challenging... but none the less most everyone clearly agrees ROH NEEDED a new creative direction. Bully and Hunter weren't getting it done in 19. Now, they gotta work together. Can't help but think they will butt heads.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Montana wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:19 pm Not a good look for Bully criticizing ROH putting the book in Marty's hands. Clearly comes off as jealous, however not sure he intended it to come off that way. He had a fair point about the booker/wrestler role being challenging... but none the less most everyone clearly agrees ROH NEEDED a new creative direction. Bully and Hunter weren't getting it done in 19. Now, they gotta work together. Can't help but think they will butt heads.
Perhaps Marty will creatively choose to let this angle with Maria Manic be the last we see of Bully Ray :D
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

After reading this and watching last weekend's shows, I can't say I'm too optimistic. You'd barely know a change had taken place from last weekened's shows, and Delirious' detail-work is the thing I have been most frustrated with.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Bully is out of woh booking, Maybe more..
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:08 pm Bully is out of woh booking, Maybe more..
Source?
I would hate to get my hopes up and then have this not be true.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Squared circle sirens reported that bully not booking the women anymore and it might be nothing but bully tweeting about having with Sami Callahan during impact tna show wrestlemania weekend
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Posted this one Twitter the other day. Don't know why I didn't post this sooner:

https://twitter.com/SASedor2994/status/ ... 51744?s=20
Montana

Post by Montana »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:26 pm After reading this and watching last weekend's shows, I can't say I'm too optimistic. You'd barely know a change had taken place from last weekened's shows, and Delirious' detail-work is the thing I have been most frustrated with.
I kind of have opposite thoughts at the moment. Things that stood out to me:

1) Zayne besting Bandido , huge upset from a non-full time, debut against a full time ROh champ.

2) Shane Taylor saying he’s wrestling gage at VIP wrestling.

3). Involvement with NWA

4) high flyers... bringing in Zayne, Horus, Everett ,

To be fair, it’s only two shows and he needs time to set up future angles. I’m also liking these things outside of those two shows:

1) free enterprise - free show to generate some positive buzz.

2) ROh past vs present- I love this idea instead of your average live show. Perfectly paired with a PPV.

3) Hype for Supercard of Honor and NJPW.

Just my thoughts so far. I don’t see anything that rubs me wrong personally.
AnHonorableMention

It’s entirely too early judge what changes are coming or have already happened.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:27 am It’s entirely too early judge what changes are coming or have already happened.
Yepp. We can gauge how it is going around BITW.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:27 am It’s entirely too early judge what changes are coming or have already happened.
One of the things I've learned in wrestling is that 3 laps through a city/venue is when it becomes fair to gauge what something is or isn't. I'd like to think BITW is too early. I'm going to re-evaluate around Glory By Honor.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:47 pm
Shanahan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:21 pm
One of the things I've learned in wrestling is that 3 laps through a city/venue is when it becomes fair to gauge what something is or isn't. I'd like to think BITW is too early. I'm going to re-evaluate around Glory By Honor.
Good point but by BITW time if we are still looking for that change in direction towards positive that is a bad sign going forward.