If one went into a coma in 2007 and woke up today...

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

READ THE PREMISE

ROH
7%
AEW
13%
NJPW
20%
NXT
47%
Raw/SmackDown
No votes
MLW
7%
TNA/Impact
No votes
Progress
No votes
Dragon Gate
No votes
OTHER - PLEASE SPECIFY
7%

Total votes: 15

famicommander

Re: If one went into a coma in 2007 and woke up today...

Post by famicommander »

indyfan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:18 am
famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:35 pm Lethal, Briscoes, Coleman, Shelley, Titus, Maff, Delirious, Sakai, and King are still around or back from 2007 and prior. That's all I can think of as far as people who wrestle.
Delirious hardly wrestles, Maff just came back, Rhett was a jobber, Lethal wasnt there in 2007.
King wasnt there before 2008. Who cares about Sakai. i dont rember ever seeing Coleman before 2010.
Kenny King debuted in September 2007.

Caprice made his ROH debut in January 2004.

Lethal was there from 2003-2006 and 2011-present.

And Sumie deserves some respect for everything she has done for ROH. She's the original gangster of the women's division and she's a big part of the reason many Japanese talents ever appeared for ROH in the first place.

Anyone who was a "hardcore" ROH fan in 2007 would know about Lethal, Maff, and Coleman even if they weren't there at that exact point in time.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i am a hardcore roh fan and i have never seen Coleman before 2010. im sure he may have had a opening match and got jobbed out but i hardly consider him even on the same level as Titus back then.

lets be clear having a spot on a show isnt the same as having a spot in the company.
Last edited by indyfan on Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

delete
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

indyfan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:50 am i am a hardcore roh fan and i have never seen Coleman before 2010. im sure he may have had a opening match and got jobbed out but i hardly consider him even on the same level as Titus back then.

lets be clear having a spot on a show isnt the same as having a spot in the company.
He had six matches in 2004 including two singles victories.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

famicommander wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:07 am
indyfan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:50 am i am a hardcore roh fan and i have never seen Coleman before 2010. im sure he may have had a opening match and got jobbed out but i hardly consider him even on the same level as Titus back then.

my apologies..i just checked he had 6 matches in 2004 and 2 of them were on the do or die shows. He won one match.

i still stand by my comment.

having a spot on the show or in this case 4 shows and 2 do or dies isnt the same as having a spot in the company.

i actually own all of 2004 and i dont even remember him at all. i remember Rainman though.

King was more involved with FIP in 2007
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

indyfan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:20 am
famicommander wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:07 am

my apologies..i just checked he had 6 matches in 2004 and 2 of them were on the do or die shows. He won one match.

i still stand by my comment.

having a spot on the show or in this case 4 shows and 2 do or dies isnt the same as having a spot in the company.

i actually own all of 2004 and i dont even remember him at all. i remember Rainman though.

King was more involved with FIP in 2007
All I said was that these guys were either "still there or back from 2007 or prior". And they all were, and long timers like me remember them. That list was off the top of my head.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

indyfan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:51 am
Memphis Mark wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:47 am NJPW , not even close . . The guy would love NJPW .
even with their terrible tag division?

i doubt it
IMOO, the overall NJPW ring work is superior to any other promotion. This guy watched ROH in the early 2000's because he wanted to see wrestling. Whether it Dragon vs. Nigel , Joe vs. Punk or Briscoes vs. Steen/ Generico , ROH delivered the goods , .. The NJPW heavyweight and jr. heavyweight division still offers sold in ring work . This guy wants to see a traditional wrestling product , so he wants to watch NJPW.

The other guys offer inter-gender wrestling , tons of women's wrestling . the booking of wives / girlfriends , undersized guys like Marko Stunt and Cheeseburger , tons of backstage promos , wasting valuable TV with stupid skits and / or endless promo. This guys is out of a coma and he wants to watch wrestling not Days of our Lives . NJPW is booked by wrestlers , not TV comedy writers.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

supersonic wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:53 am
Memphis Mark wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:47 am NJPW , not even close . . The guy would love NJPW .
What’s their equivalent to ROH vs. CZW, Jacobs vs. Whitmer, Embassy vs. Generation Next, etc?
Rainmaker vs. Natio , ZSJ vs. well anyone , Mox vs. Lance or Kota vs. Rainmaker . NJPW is different than Gabe's ROH . They are both great in their own right . Gabe merged the personal issues of Memphis with a AJPW in ring style . NJPW is all about climbing the ranks to become the IWGP heavyweight or jr. heavyweight . You know it is a strong style war to win the G-1 and claim the ultimate prize at Wrestle Kingdom .
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I'm going with NXT with the caveat that I'm about eight months behind on PROGRESS and they would probably be my leading contender. wXw would certainly have been in the running earlier this year, too. I think the real answer is NXT's promos NJPW's match-booking mentality, and wXw's character-work... and there was a point where EVOLVE had this, but I'm worrying that those days are long gone.
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

I'd think he probably would watch either NXT or NJPW, but I voted for NJPW since I think that such person would probably prefer non-WWE option.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Thirteen years later, some ROH fan might wonder why people are buying so much toilet paper and not throwing it at Jimmy Rave.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Reaper G wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:15 pm Thirteen years later, some ROH fan might wonder why people are buying so much toilet paper and not throwing it at Jimmy Rave.
Imagine what they'd think of a Generico vs. Danielson match for the IC Title at WrestleMania being absolutely nothing special.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

supersonic wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:06 am
Reaper G wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:15 pm Thirteen years later, some ROH fan might wonder why people are buying so much toilet paper and not throwing it at Jimmy Rave.
Imagine what they'd think of a Generico vs. Danielson match for the IC Title at WrestleMania being absolutely nothing special.
That wouldn't be surprising at all, really. Wrestlemania matches in general are rarely good, and extremely rarely are they anywhere close to special.