La Faccion Ingobernable

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

La Faccion Ingobernable

Post by Montana »

What do you think of La Faccion Ingobernable??

Kind of mixed feelings thus far. I think the trio or faction will work. Don't exactly like how it was teased for weeks/months, and finally put together in a 2 minute video. Probably would have done it differently, and in the ring. Maybe something like Rush challenges PCO and says he's got some backup/a surprise for PCO. Then King/Lee help Rush win the belt back or something, and do a beat down.

I can live with Kenny King in the group. Still not sure i'd put King with them, but might be a good mouthpiece.

Also thought it was odd that both Villain Enterprises and La Faccion Ingobernable had on black baseball jerseys.

Either way, this should be an interesting feud between VE and LFI? As of now VE has 4 to LFI's 3... so i assume we may get a fourth member as well.
Lynx

Re: La Faccion Ingobernable

Post by Lynx »

I think that if not for Dragon Lee's wedding then they probably would have jumped VE at the show, but since they couldn't be there then they did that video.

I'm fine with Kenny being in the group if he, and not Dragon Lee, will be eating pins when they lose. If this will end up as being another attempt to push King as a main eventer then I'm not going to like it at all.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I have no issue with Kenny in the group at all. As stated above, I wouldn’t like him being the centrepiece - but one thing most people agree on is that he is an outstanding promo guy, which guys like Rush and Dragon Lee may need from time to time - and he’s definitely solid enough to contribute from a wrestling perspective too - especially in tags/trios.

That said, I think Rush is quite an effective communicator. Of course his English isn’t fluent - but much in the same way that Pentagon Jr doesn’t cut promos in fluent english - his delivery and charisma cross a language barrier (for me anyway)
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

It absolutely fell flat being introduced by video. As stated previously if you had to do it that night then you had to do it via video. I'd rather the introduction be during the world title rematch with LFI interfering to help Rush win.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:34 am It absolutely fell flat being introduced by video. As stated previously if you had to do it that night then you had to do it via video. I'd rather the introduction be during the world title rematch with LFI interfering to help Rush win.
I think the Final Battle: Fallout should have been completely rescheduled to delay the Los Ingos introduction until all members could be in an actual ring. Unfortunately, I think this flat intro will hang around them for a long time.

I think Kenny is a good talent, basically all-around, and as far back as he's returned to ROH, but he's been booked in such a way that it is going to be very tough to care about him, even in this role. If not Kenny, Shane would have been pretty cool to see in this role here, especially with where his character was going. Lethal already had a small history in the Los Ingos family, so seeing him and Gresham in there would have been very dope. But as they are, I would like to see them stick to trios and have really exciting matches.

Also, did I miss some part where Rush is suddenly heel? He was really playing it up during Final Battle, I thought to babyface PCO, but it seems like he's really going in that direction now?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think there are much better ways to go if you were going to do a US faction of LOS. I could think of five or six guys I would choose before Kenny but he is nowhere a terrible choice. I think Kenny is a character that eventually you could kick out and it would go over well. As has been said he’s a really valuable mouth piece for the group especially when they want to get the heel side of things going.

I do think they need another strong wrestler in the group to give it more credibility and fans can get behind. This could be where SLEX is going to be, it would make sense character wise.

Regardless you have a strong that can challenge for the three man belts. I do wonder if maybe we could see Shelley, Gresham and Lethal together. Although they are hinting at Shelley being in CCK so it might be they eventually turn on Lethal and bring in Brooke’s.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Wilson wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:51 am
kovs27 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:34 am It absolutely fell flat being introduced by video. As stated previously if you had to do it that night then you had to do it via video. I'd rather the introduction be during the world title rematch with LFI interfering to help Rush win.
I think the Final Battle: Fallout should have been completely rescheduled to delay the Los Ingos introduction until all members could be in an actual ring. Unfortunately, I think this flat intro will hang around them for a long time.

I think Kenny is a good talent, basically all-around, and as far back as he's returned to ROH, but he's been booked in such a way that it is going to be very tough to care about him, even in this role. If not Kenny, Shane would have been pretty cool to see in this role here, especially with where his character was going. Lethal already had a small history in the Los Ingos family, so seeing him and Gresham in there would have been very dope. But as they are, I would like to see them stick to trios and have really exciting matches.

Also, did I miss some part where Rush is suddenly heel? He was really playing it up during Final Battle, I thought to babyface PCO, but it seems like he's really going in that direction now?
Rush's character is a natural heel but I think he tried to play it up harder to get more people behind PCO for the big win. My question is, does that make Dragon Lee a heel?
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Ingobernables are basically asshole faces everywhere they wrestle.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Ingobernables is flexible. They're faces who cheat, heels you can cheer. When they're in there against psychos like Suzuki-Gun they're the clear faces, but if they're in there with guys like Okada or Tanahashi they play up the heel antics.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:51 am

I agree about Kenny King and with general points about the booking, although my initial thoughts upon hearing about this faction were not "when did Rush and Dragon Lee turn heel" but rather "when did Kenny King turn babyface," as Villain Enterprises are heels... aren't they?
I think Kenny provides them with an English-speaking mouthpiece, but his inclusion here feels quite random from a storyline point of view.