Newsweek covers Kelly Klein’s situation with ROH

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Newsweek covers Kelly Klein’s situation with ROH

Post by AnHonorableMention »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:06 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:53 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:40 pm https://twitter.com/lastrealmanROH/stat ... 6437049344

Silas is adding his 2 cents.
There's a very good reason he's not very kind hearted to AEW as he has no chance of ever working there. Total company man.
I don't recall seeing Silas mention AEW. I have no doubt some of these tweets attempting to defend ROH have ulterior motives other than just defending what they think is right.

He didn't have to mention them. He was overly critical of Cody while he was in ROH feeling as if he was pushed down the card. Any chance he can to take a shot at Cody or AEW in general he's taken. Total company man, I get it. Just find it rather absurd and frankly offensive he's not taking up for the cause of someone who received such poor treatment in the company he works for.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:12 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:53 pm

There's a very good reason he's not very kind hearted to AEW as he has no chance of ever working there. Total company man.
I don't recall seeing Silas mention AEW. I have no doubt some of these tweets attempting to defend ROH have ulterior motives other than just defending what they think is right.

He didn't have to mention them. He was overly critical of Cody while he was in ROH feeling as if he was pushed down the card. Any chance he can to take a shot at Cody or AEW in general he's taken. Total company man, I get it. Just find it rather absurd and frankly offensive he's not taking up for the cause of someone who received such poor treatment in the company he works for.
As much as I'd love to see people within ROH support Kelly I can't say I'm surprised to not see it publicly.

I had no idea he took issue with during the ROH run.
AnHonorableMention

kovs27 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:20 pm

As much as I'd love to see people within ROH support Kelly I can't say I'm surprised to not see it publicly.

There was one specific interview and I desperately tried to find it with a SBG station morning show he did in Milwaukee where Cody was main eventing, and he skipped over his name when mentioning the card. The reporter asked if Cody would be there and he said something like physically yes, mentally we'll see. It got him into some trouble with Hunter.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:47 pm

There was one specific interview and I desperately tried to find it with a SBG station morning show he did in Milwaukee where Cody was main eventing, and he skipped over his name when mentioning the card. The reporter asked if Cody would be there and he said something like physically yes, mentally we'll see. It got him into some trouble with Hunter.
Not a smart decision to bury the guy in the main event, even if you don't like him personally. Doing so I local tv that trying to sell tickets to that show is even worse
AnHonorableMention

kovs27 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:47 pm

Not a smart decision to bury the guy in the main event, even if you don't like him personally. Doing so I local tv that trying to sell tickets to that show is even worse
It's unprofessional, I like Silas, I think he's a solid dude. But that was not cool and did not sit well with Cody.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2019/11/24 ... d-by-rohn/

Silas Young interview with Sean Radican. Obviously form your won opinion but I feel like Silas didn't answer the questions directly.
Montana

Post by Montana »

To me, it seems like the concussion protocol is more of a verbal standard operating procedures where as Kelly wanted a black and white contract written in stone.

I found it odd that Kelly was saying there wasn’t any medical help at the show in the U.K., but others said there was. Seems off , and maybe she didn’t tell anyone (management) she got a concussion at the show. How are they supposed to know if she doesn’t bring it to their attention. I’ve never been a wrestler, but I would think if I got hurt after a match, I’d go find a doctor. If there wasn’t one at the show, I’d out to the hospital.

Why would TKo get all the support he needed, where as In Kelly’s eyes management doesn’t know.

I’m sure the truth is in the middle somewhere. Could their medical staff be better, I’m sure. The way the Newsweek article is written everyone is suffering concussions, no medical support at all anywhere, then she got canned.... just seemed too far out to be 100% on point.

The opinions on Greg seem to line up though. Good with numbers, awful with talent, caring about the product and fans.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:27 am To me, it seems like the concussion protocol is more of a verbal standard operating procedures where as Kelly wanted a black and white contract written in stone.

I found it odd that Kelly was saying there wasn’t any medical help at the show in the U.K., but others said there was. Seems off , and maybe she didn’t tell anyone (management) she got a concussion at the show. How are they supposed to know if she doesn’t bring it to their attention. I’ve never been a wrestler, but I would think if I got hurt after a match, I’d go find a doctor. If there wasn’t one at the show, I’d out to the hospital.

Why would TKo get all the support he needed, where as In Kelly’s eyes management doesn’t know.

I’m sure the truth is in the middle somewhere. Could their medical staff be better, I’m sure. The way the Newsweek article is written everyone is suffering concussions, no medical support at all anywhere, then she got canned.... just seemed too far out to be 100% on point.

The opinions on Greg seem to line up though. Good with numbers, awful with talent, caring about the product and fans.
I see more answers phrased like "I don't remember noticing there not being medical support" rather than flat out saying "yes there is always medical available."
Montana

Post by Montana »

Good point.... I will say though, that sometimes that’s just how people talk. I’m someone that often stirs towards a more conservation answer, than a flat out definitive answer bc maybe there was one time where they weren’t on hand for some reasons. Then people would point out that one time. The other thing, is Silas is not at every Show, and it’s not like it’s his job to for medical staff every show.

Don’t get me wrong , I think there are some truths in joeys and Kelly’s concerns... but I also think some areas are stretched a bit.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:06 am Good point.... I will say though, that sometimes that’s just how people talk. I’m someone that often stirs towards a more conservation answer, than a flat out definitive answer bc maybe there was one time where they weren’t on hand for some reasons. Then people would point out that one time. The other thing, is Silas is not at every Show, and it’s not like it’s his job to for medical staff every show.

Don’t get me wrong , I think there are some truths in joeys and Kelly’s concerns... but I also think some areas are stretched a bit.
Silas also isn't the one who should be answering these questions. That falls on Joe Koff and Greg. They are the ones in charge of making sure medical is at every show. I understand Silas is trying to be a company man but that's not his place. And if he is wrong it makes him and the company look even worse.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

And Kelly is still telling people to buy tickets and support their favorite talent.

Total class act who deserved so much better.