Inside ROH segments being uploaded to Youtube

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chris Xtreme

Inside ROH segments being uploaded to Youtube

Post by Chris Xtreme »

I noticed that ROH has been uploading the Inside ROH Segments from the TV show onto Youtube. I think this is a good idea. As these segments tend to sell the PPVs and putting them on youtube potentailly gives them a new audience. Frankly, I think they should upload the whole show to Youtube, even if its on delay. The whole idea should be for the show to get people interesting in buying the PPVs, Live Events, and whatever else they sell on the website.
cviens

Re: Inside ROH segments being uploaded to Youtube

Post by cviens »

Yeah, but if they were to put the entire show on YouTube, on delay or not, people would realize they can just watch it on there whenever they want and the show would draw less viewers.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Same argument can be made about putting the show on the web site.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

syxxpakk wrote:Same argument can be made about putting the show on the web site.
Exactly.

Putting the show on YouTube, even if it's a week late, would be a great idea.
ad.breed

Post by ad.breed »

Wouldn't they get some advertising revenue off of youtube?
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I doubt it, but I'm not a YouTube guy.
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

cviens wrote:Yeah, but if they were to put the entire show on YouTube, on delay or not, people would realize they can just watch it on there whenever they want and the show would draw less viewers.
The people that can watch it on TV would probably still watch it on regular TV. The show is only in select markets. So it makes sense to stream the show on a free site like youtube to attract people to the product. A lot of first run shows are actually streamed on delay for Hulu.

Youtube is debuting a new premium version of itself where they are going to pay content providers to provide content. WWE is already taking advantage of that. Its possible ROH could work out a deal with them to get a ROH Channel for the premium section. If not they could just expand the free channel they hav

On a side note, anyone find it wierd that ROH is charging 8 dollars for their ring side member service and TNA on demand only costs 4 bucks. Maybe because ROH's deal offers more discounts?
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

I paid $60 for the annual membership. With the Black Friday sale, I basically got the membership free. If you purchased just six DVDs during the sale, you got it free. With all the sales you get over time, it will pay for itself.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

The Ringside Membership is a fantastic deal. You get loads of content in terms of events and DVDs. You apparently get a discount on iPPVs (probably about $2) and get 15% everything in the ROH store. As syxxpakk says, it more or less pays for itself and you get a free DVD at the moment too!
cviens

Post by cviens »

Could one of you give us a rundown of what is currently available to watch with the Ringside Membership? I'm considering purchasing it and am curious as to what is available for viewing.
Chris Xtreme

Post by Chris Xtreme »

Yeah its diffinitly worth it. Just thought the price comparison was wierd.

You get every episode of the Sinclair show with new episodes every monday and old shows. They have the early HDnet shows uploaded. As well as some of their best of DVDs. This includes the Best of The American Wolves, Woman of Honor, CM Punk Vs Samoa Joe matches, and more. There are also a few old live events. There are plans to upload more stuff as they go along. Plus you can get discounts for merchandise.
cviens

Post by cviens »

Are there any Danielson, McGuiness, or KENTA matches up there?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

ad.breed wrote:Wouldn't they get some advertising revenue off of youtube?
Rev from Youtube can only come from Google Adsense since Youtube is owned by Google.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld