Final Battle 2019 - Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GardenStateSaint

Re: Final Battle 2019 - Official Thread

Post by GardenStateSaint »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:45 pm It was a feel good moment but it sure is weird. I'm trying to wait till see what happens Sunday before really reacting to the change.
This is the same stance I'm taking. I'm actually intrigued with the TV taping for once.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:44 am cabana is aew bound or what...surprising.
Nope.
Captain Podcast
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I went into the show with a somewhat open mind and came out feeling really down on ROH. It's not even been the same company since August. Flip is getting a quarter of the reaction he did a year ago, Bully puts on another extremely selfish match, Angelina Love has to endure a really humiliating squash even though she's like the de facto number two in the division, and the main event is maybe the worst ROH World Title change ever, probably one of the worst championship matches to boot. Rush/PCO is on the level of bad WWE matches that WWE is rare to commit to anymore (other than for Bray Wyatt).

Some minor positive takeaways, Taven managed to have an intense match with Vincent (which is itself a feat), Shane has become the formidable midcard heel I always wanted Silas to be, and Briscoes/Gresham and Lethal was fantastic. I feel like no one who I wanted to step up did actually step up.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I agree with your points bar Angelina and Maniac that was exactly what it should. Now they need to make what they do with her next, count.

Same for Vincent and Batemann it’s another start of something I can get into.

Dragon Lee as champ from an in ring perspective is a massive step up and can lead to a title being a very work rate based title.

The Tag team titles now have a fresh face to them and a pretty strong set of tag teams being built to challenge. I haven’t felt this high on the tag division in a long time.

I feel ROH has set itself up with people in the right places now and with the right people. The biggest issues are the world title and women’s title, you can sort those two things in terms of direction tomorrow and or January and ROH is in a strong place generally (if mostly everyone is staying like it seems)

As people have said tomorrow will tell us a lot about where we are with things.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Hopefully roh keeps Shane Taylor because he a better fit in Roh than impact or nwa but again how can you come here acting like of fan then go on the other forums wanting talent to go other places I'm not saying who he is but he knows who he is and he really bad at acting like fan of other promotions but only a fan of one
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:31 pm Hopefully roh keeps Shane Taylor because he a better fit in Roh than impact or nwa but again how can you come here acting like of fan then go on the other forums wanting talent to go other places I'm not saying who he is but he knows who he is and he really bad at acting like fan of other promotions but only a fan of one
We know who it is 🤔
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Colt Cabana has wrapped up his run with Ring of Honor at Friday's Final Battle pay-per-view.

According to Pollock, it was known since September that Cabana wouldn't be returning. We can confirm that Cabana never had an official contract with the company and was on a handshake deal. He was offered a new deal, but chose to turn it down.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Wilson wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:44 am I went into the show with a somewhat open mind and came out feeling really down on ROH. It's not even been the same company since August. Flip is getting a quarter of the reaction he did a year ago, Bully puts on another extremely selfish match, Angelina Love has to endure a really humiliating squash even though she's like the de facto number two in the division, and the main event is maybe the worst ROH World Title change ever, probably one of the worst championship matches to boot. Rush/PCO is on the level of bad WWE matches that WWE is rare to commit to anymore (other than for Bray Wyatt).

Some minor positive takeaways, Taven managed to have an intense match with Vincent (which is itself a feat), Shane has become the formidable midcard heel I always wanted Silas to be, and Briscoes/Gresham and Lethal was fantastic. I feel like no one who I wanted to step up did actually step up.

Shane's a stud. The fact ROH is letting him walk tells you all you need to know. Bully's performance last night was selfish and quite frankly poor. Love should have been a 30 second squash. Tag titles match was awesome, only will get better once Lethal regains his mindset back from injury. I also just caught the opening tag, that was good stuff too in spite of a dead crowd.

I hope Marty knows what he's doing, that's all I'll say.

As for the main event, the only thing more embarrassing in 2019 was Taven winning at the Garden. Rush deserves so much more, he's earned it. The PCO act is worn so thin, it's cringe worthy.
Captain Podcast
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:22 pm
Wilson wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:44 am I went into the show with a somewhat open mind and came out feeling really down on ROH. It's not even been the same company since August. Flip is getting a quarter of the reaction he did a year ago, Bully puts on another extremely selfish match, Angelina Love has to endure a really humiliating squash even though she's like the de facto number two in the division, and the main event is maybe the worst ROH World Title change ever, probably one of the worst championship matches to boot. Rush/PCO is on the level of bad WWE matches that WWE is rare to commit to anymore (other than for Bray Wyatt).

Shane's a stud. The fact ROH is letting him walk tells you all you need to know. Bully's performance last night was selfish and quite frankly poor. Love should have been a 30 second squash. Tag titles match was awesome, only will get better once Lethal regains his mindset back from injury. I also just caught the opening tag, that was good stuff too in spite of a dead crowd.

As for the main event, the only thing more embarrassing in 2019 was Taven winning at the Garden. Rush deserves so much more, he's earned it. The PCO act is worn so thin, it's cringe worthy.
If Taylor is really leaving, definitely don’t get it. The man busts his ass to improve dramatically from when he debuted with the company and you let him walk so another company can reap the benefits? I don’t get it.

As for PCO, would love to have a time machine and go back to shows when Joe, Ki, Aries, Danielson, McGinnis, we’re champs and tell fans a 50-something year old is going to win that title with a spot where he’s shocked back to life with a car battery from a hearse.

I’d be locked away
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

For years everyone was so lukewarm on Taylor...now he may be gone and everyone loves him suddenly. Give me a break.
Last edited by Shanahan on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Crowd was pretty hot for Bandido/Flamita vs. Marty/Flip. We shouldn't be shocked by that not coming off on tv. The people who I was with and I all thought Maria would win in 30 seconds but the elongated squash of the Allure went over just as well and Maria was very over. I was hoping Shane was staying as I wanted to see where Shane T Promotions was going to go. Hopefully they do an official wrapping up of the story on Sunday.

The main event was weird, not just the finish. Everything with the hearse was a miss for me and just came off hokey. I expect that from WWE but not from ROH. Just have them brawl around the building breaking stuff, crowd would have ate it up.

I actually really liked the beginning of the Haskins vs. Bully match but it went too long and maybe Mark Haskins should have beat Bully rather than Vickie. As I said last year, hopefully that's it for Bully. This has gone on far too long.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:33 pm For years everyone was so lukewarm on Taylor...now he may be gone and everyone loves him suddenly. Give me a break.
x2
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

ROH really did pick wrong when they chose Taylor over Lee. That's like TNA picking Jesse Godderz over Kaz and Daniels in 2014.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

dhads7161 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:22 pm ROH really did pick wrong when they chose Taylor over Lee. That's like TNA picking Jesse Godderz over Kaz and Daniels in 2014.
I think it was more of Lee wanting to go to wwe as soon as possible and saw Evolve as quicker way
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Taven got a good match out of PCO.

Rush didnt.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Marty just showed up at Into the Fire.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Maybe roh did renew Marty contract because aew likes to have all the elite guys exclusive
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

i cant believe nwa signed marty over aew/roh/wwe....i refuse to believe that
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I don't think he signed with nwa if he resigned with roh they would probably allow him to work nwa since their loose partners