Final Battle 2019 - Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Final Battle 2019 - Official Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

Final Battle Fallout is stacked now I’ve got to say.

Also if Marty isn’t wrestling for ROH again or for the six man titles after this I’ll be amazed.

Horus also debuts!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I have said this roh is getting a stacked roster just it depends how they use it
Montana

Post by Montana »

Wow... Can't believe they booked Marty & PCO vs. Cobb and Maff for Fallout.

So far the card is:

- Jeff Cobb & Dan Maff vs. Marty SCurll & PCO

- Jonathan Gresham vs. Alex Shelley

- Flip Gordon vs. Rey Horus

- Tracey Williams vs Bateman

- Kenny King vs. Rhett Titus

- Sumie Sakai vs. Nicole Savoy

Still lots more names that haven't been announced yet... Assume the following will be there: Rush, Dragon Lee, Castle, Hendry, Shane Taylor, Flamita, Bandido, Jay Lethal, Matt Taven, Mark Haskins, etc
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Nicole fucking savoy!

Hey, would be very cool if roh hype this matches on social media so they can sell tickets..
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Holy shit Nicole Savoy! I've also never got to see Rey Horus live so that'll be cool. He should kill it with Flip. I do worry that Brody King hasn't come up at all. Maybe those six man titles get slowly phased out.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

hey hey yes

where is brody?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well... he's part of half the roster that their contract is up 1 Dec. I'm guessing he's playing the field. Maybe he will resign.

This is another area where management (GM) and the booking team (Delirious) need to be on the same page. In reality, the contracts should end AFTER final battle, and not 2 weeks before. This way the booker knows months ahead of time who will be at the show and can set up proper storylines.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they also need to notice that they are renewing deals, just like wwe,mlw or tna...that can be good promotion.

"ROH HAS SIGNED FLAMITA"
"MARTY IS STAYING AT ROH"

things like that.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I wonder how long Marty staying around
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

RUSH is not listed as being signed for Final Battle Fallout. It may mean nothing, he may have been booked in Mexico already but it was a bit surprising to not see him listed.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I’m pretty sure rush was Friday for final battle and Saturday in Mexico. Believe is contract was up at the beginning of Dec or the end of Dec. I assume he may just be at fallout, but not wrestling. Guess we will see.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am I’m pretty sure rush was Friday for final battle and Saturday in Mexico. Believe is contract was up at the beginning of Dec or the end of Dec. I assume he may just be at fallout, but not wrestling. Guess we will see.
I forgot he had a booking in Mexico on Saturday. I'm sure they didn't want to advertise him and then RUSH not be able to make it due to travel difficulties.
Montana

Post by Montana »

The closer to get to rush and pco... the more I’m thinking this could be quite the war. I don’t see either phoning it in that night. I’m leaning more towards awesome, than dud at the moment.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

No Brody ...he is still injured?

SIGNED TO APPEAR:

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS JAY & MARK BRISCOE
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION SHANE TAYLOR
ALEX SHELLEY
BANDIDO
THE BOUNCERS (BEER CITY BRUISER & BRAWLER MILONAS)
BRIAN JOHNSON
BULLY RAY
CHEESEBURGER
DAK DRAPER
DALTON CASTLE
DAN MAFF
ELI ISOM
FLAMITA
FLIP GORDON
JAY LETHAL
JEFF COBB
JOE HENDRY
JONATHAN GRESHAM
JOSH WOODS
KENNY KING
SOLDIERS OF SAVAGERY (MOSES & KAUN)
COAST 2 COAST (LSG & SHAHEEM ALI)
MARK HASKINS (W/VICKY HASKINS)
MARTY SCURLL
MATT TAVEN
PCO
PJ BLACK
RHETT TITUS
RYAN NOVA
SILAS YOUNG
VINCENT
THE ALLURE (ANGELINA LOVE & MANDY LEON)
JENNY ROSE
MARIA MANIC
NICOLE SAVOY
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Rush was on the poster of the show (Fallout) and his contract isn't comming to an end this month, he had a deal until early 2021.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Anyone else depressed that Liger's final US match was some random undercard young lion comedy tag match in San Jose?

It should've been at Final Battle against someone like Flip Gordon, Jon Gresham, Eli Isom, Marty Scurll, Dragon Lee, Alex Shelley, PJ Black, or TK O'Ryan.
Montana

Post by Montana »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:02 am Rush was on the poster of the show (Fallout) and his contract isn't comming to an end this month, he had a deal until early 2021.
From what I’m tracking his CMLL deal which was cancelled was until the end of 2020. His ROH deal was until the end of 2019. It was expected rush would stay as long as he’s with CMLL. So now no more CMLL, but is the ROH champ. So it’s likely he will sign for another year with ROH, or there’s a chance he could bolt. Since he’s got leverage as ROh champ, he’s trying to get his Dad/friends signed by ROh.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

famicommander wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 am Anyone else depressed that Liger's final US match was some random undercard young lion comedy tag match in San Jose?

It should've been at Final Battle against someone like Flip Gordon, Jon Gresham, Eli Isom, Marty Scurll, Dragon Lee, Alex Shelley, PJ Black, or TK O'Ryan.
Yeah, that waa sad...imagine the good ticket sales for a last liger bout in roh.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Montana wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:06 pm
AlexROH wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:02 am Rush was on the poster of the show (Fallout) and his contract isn't comming to an end this month, he had a deal until early 2021.
From what I’m tracking his CMLL deal which was cancelled was until the end of 2020. His ROH deal was until the end of 2019. It was expected rush would stay as long as he’s with CMLL. So now no more CMLL, but is the ROH champ. So it’s likely he will sign for another year with ROH, or there’s a chance he could bolt. Since he’s got leverage as ROh champ, he’s trying to get his Dad/friends signed by ROh.
How many time do I have to post here that his deal with ROH had nothing to do with his deal with CMLL? It was a 2 year deal with exclusivity in the US.

Since the very first day he left CMLL, he has been saying that I still have another year under contract with ROH, in every single interview, even in the one I already posted here like a month ago.

And regarding Fallout, he is advertised on the poster and he using that poster, as well as ROH, on his social media. Maybe he doesn't have match because they don't want to spoil the result of the ME.
Montana

Post by Montana »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:24 pm
Montana wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:06 pm
How many time do I have to post here that his deal with ROH had nothing to do with his deal with CMLL? It was a 2 year deal with exclusivity in the US.

Since the very first day he left CMLL, he has been saying that I still have another year under contract with ROH, in every single interview, even in the one I already posted here like a month ago.

And regarding Fallout, he is advertised on the poster and he using that poster, as well as ROH, on his social media. Maybe he doesn't have match because they don't want to spoil the result of the ME.
Clearly, there are conflicting reports....

THis was from Jan 2019:
"According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer [H/T Fightful’s Jeremy Lambert], “Rush’s deal with ROH is a one-year U.S./Ontario market deal worth approximately $155,000. The deal is on top of his CMLL contract, which is a five-year deal that expires at the end of 2020.”
https://dailyddt.com/2019/01/17/details ... rning-wwe/

By the end of 2019, we could see the current ROH World Champion in another promotion, as the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that RUSH's contract with Ring of Honor is set to expire near the end of 2019.

https://theringreport.com/indy_wrestlin ... oon-a12227

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/n ... -this-year

https://lordsofpain.net/roh-world-champ ... w-and-wwe/

As for ROH’s deal, it was $150,000 for one year, a likely ROH World title push, and whatever indy dates he could get. There had to be other incentives in the deal to make it a hard pick. I mean, stuff like merch is expected. Or it could’ve just been a decision made purely on the relationship between CMLL and ROH.

https://theovertimer.com/roh-champion-rush-contract-up/