THOSE OF YOU WHO CLAIMED NJPW WOULDN’T DITCH ROH...

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

THOSE OF YOU WHO CLAIMED NJPW WOULDN’T DITCH ROH...

Post by supersonic »

What exactly led you to believe such silliness, and why have you gone silent instead of apologizing to those who have superior minds for the business and accurately saw this coming for years?
famicommander

Re: THOSE OF YOU WHO CLAIMED NJPW WOULDN’T DITCH ROH...

Post by famicommander »

I didn't anticipate AEW.

If NJPW works with AEW, it makes all the sense in the world to ditch ROH.

If they're just going to try going solo in the US, I still don't think it's smart to ditch ROH. I don't think it makes a ton of sense to travel halfway around the world and spend all that money on a venue, talent, and production to draw the same 400-2000 fans that ROH is capable of drawing.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

why would anyone apologize for that.?Supersonic, though i love old roh as much as you do, your assertion that anyone owes anyone else a apology is ridiculous. Same with your superior mind comment. Grow up

as far as njpw goes...im not that into their product and hated how much they were allowed to outshine ROH. im glad they're gone
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"superior minds" hahahahahaha

how old are you?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

famicommander wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:04 am I didn't anticipate AEW.

If they're just going to try going solo in the US, I still don't think it's smart to ditch ROH. I don't think it makes a ton of sense to travel halfway around the world and spend all that money on a venue, talent, and production to draw the same 400-2000 fans that ROH is capable of drawing.
ROH isn’t capable of drawing that higher estimate you just threw out, while NJPW is.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

supersonic wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:13 am
famicommander wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:04 am I didn't anticipate AEW.

ROH isn’t capable of drawing that higher estimate you just threw out, while NJPW is.
Not at present ROH isn't, but they were a few months ago and they could be again.

I still think it makes more sense to just send talent to ROH shows, especially because if NJPW wants to keep its US loop relatively well attended they're going to have to make sacrifices to the Japanese tours.

Not that it necessarily has to be ROH in that position. AEW is obviously the ideal, but Impact or MLW would probably suffice too for those purposes in 2020.

I just don't think the US expansion is returning big enough crowds to justify the logistics of it for NJPW.

If NJPW could draw 4,000-6,000 per show I'd feel differently, but I don't think anybody but WWE or AEW can do that.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The gloating of a bad/negative situation to prove some superiority or grand knowledge is just beyond sad.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Did NJPW say they are disbanding the relationship? Did I miss something? Hikuleo was on a show a few days ago.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Montana wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:20 am Did NJPW say they are disbanding the relationship? Did I miss something? Hikuleo was on a show a few days ago.
He's living in England and does not have a NJPW contract
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Whatever happens they should just straighten it out 100% and move forward.

Either the relationship is salvaged or it's a clean break, and be up front about it. Same with ROH/CMLL and CMLL/NJPW.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

We had DGUSA.
How we did then?