Fox Sports Regionals & ROH

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WHG

Fox Sports Regionals & ROH

Post by WHG »

One of the more disappointing (among many) developments with ROH recently has been the lack of reaction by Sinclair to all of the TV landscape happenings right now. You have the WWE's deal with Fox for Smackdown, USA for NXT, Anthem buying AXS and immediately announcing Impact's new home.

Contrast that to SBG, who closed on the FSN regional networks over a month ago and there hasn't been a hint of increasing ROH's reach via the new purchase.

At the very least, if I'm affiliated with ROH, I'm begging Sinclair to make an announcement to create the illusion that ROH is growing. A simple "ROH to air on Fox Sports Regional Networks in 2020" press release with no details would at least put them in the discussion with all of the other TV shifts happening right now. Even if they forced them on the shitty overnight slots that they get on regular SBG affiliates, at least it's something.

To me it's a clear indication of a) How little SBG cares about ROH; and b) How little urgency there is around the organization to stay relevant in 2019.
Wrestlingisback

Re: Fox Sports Regionals & ROH

Post by Wrestlingisback »

Those channels were always going to only be a moderate benefit to ROH at best. Check the schedules of them. They got deals with pro teams and college conferences. They’re not hurting for content. There’s really nowhere to put ROH that wouldn’t get pre-empted more often than not
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Joe koff just did a interview with Newsweek and he said the people at rsns have been asking about roh and when roh can go on those channels
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:42 pm Joe koff just did a interview with Newsweek and he said the people at rsns have been asking about roh and when roh can go on those channels
Joe Koff also thinks Mark Briscoe's name is JOSH so he spins a lot of bull shit.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Just trying to be positive because unlike some I don't want roh to go out of business
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

As I thought it’s just going to take time for ROH to integrate onto the stations, which usually seems to be the case with anything Sinclair.

Apart from his usual over-stating of ROH and where it stands in the business and his overall opinion on certain elements, they aren’t bad per say as history would say they have foundation, just right now they are cringe worthy because of how false it really is. I will always credit Koff for trying to be a positive voice on ROH though and that’s important. There are quite a few interesting bits to take away from the interview that will hopefully lead to more growth and a better version of ROH. It’s all about delivering on what he says in the interview now.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I still don't understand why ROH isn't on Comet (anymore) or TBD.

It should be on all Sinclair platforms besides stuff that makes zero sense like Tennis Channel.

It would make a big difference in some markets.

For example, in Denver Comet and TBD are carried on Comcast/Dish Network/Direct TV/Century Link Prism, the only four cable/satellite services in town. But Charge and Stadium are not carried on any of them, so if people in Denver want to watch ROH they have to hook up an antenna and catch those channels over the air.

Just being able to set my Comcast DVR and forget about it every week would be a major plus instead of having to remember to check Honor Club or Fite every Monday.