Ciampa's Frustration. (5 minute rant/promo on ROH)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
YimYac

Re: Ciampa's Frustration. (5 minute rant/promo on ROH)

Post by YimYac »

ninetwentyfour wrote:Nobody in ROH really "breaks out" anymore. If he gets a main event with Davey at some point he will likely have a very good match, but it ends there, because ROH booking doesn't really let that happen. He'll still be in the midcard most of the time having basic 10 min. matches, as the booking will and has dictated.
Well yeah....because he's not the champion.

You can't have everyone on the roster busting out 15-25 minute matches. I doubt it'd end there though. Look at Elgin

He's been going from hardcore tag main events with Roderick to great 10 minute matches to a match with Davey, now back to 10-15 min matches. He's doing fine.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

YimYac wrote:
ninetwentyfour wrote:Nobody in ROH really "breaks out" anymore. If he gets a main event with Davey at some point he will likely have a very good match, but it ends there, because ROH booking doesn't really let that happen. He'll still be in the midcard most of the time having basic 10 min. matches, as the booking will and has dictated.
Well yeah....because he's not the champion.

You can't have everyone on the roster busting out 15-25 minute matches. I doubt it'd end there though. Look at Elgin

He's been going from hardcore tag main events with Roderick to great 10 minute matches to a match with Davey, now back to 10-15 min matches. He's doing fine.
I disagree. Why can't you? I'm not saying every match on every card should be that way. That would be stupid. I'm also not saying have main event matches on the undercard. I'm saying it's ok to mix it up. I'm saying it's ok to give one or two additional undercard matches on your shows a chance to "steal the show", but that rarely happens. What has ROH been since Sinclair started? Davey Richards in every main event for 30 mins., while most of the undercard gets shifted. Look, if you want to have that formula, cool, but at least interchange guys and make it different. They've completely overexposed Davey by doing this. It's just not smart booking. It goes without saying the ROH product is solid, it isn't generating bad shows, it's just very predictable and boring, and I don't mean that via ROH storylines, which also suffer from the same thing, I mean in the booking/pacing/structure of the shows themselves.
Jimthy

Post by Jimthy »

Very interesting promo...wonder where it's going, it was a far different side than we've seen of him before, and frankly, I liked it. He is fairly stagnant in The Embassy (and that seems to be The Embassy's curse for whatever reason). A reboot with him as this type of character could work...maybe even team him up with Steen and Jacobs in the "anti-ROH" faction? I've always liked Ciampa and thought he is pretty good in the ring, so, I'm all for making him more important.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Jimthy wrote:Very interesting promo...wonder where it's going, it was a far different side than we've seen of him before, and frankly, I liked it. He is fairly stagnant in The Embassy (and that seems to be The Embassy's curse for whatever reason). A reboot with him as this type of character could work...maybe even team him up with Steen and Jacobs in the "anti-ROH" faction? I've always liked Ciampa and thought he is pretty good in the ring, so, I'm all for making him more important.

I get that Steen and Jacobs are higher up the card, but I am not sure how putting Ciampa with them would make him more important. Right now he is the sole member of the Embassy, undefeated and has been growing more into his role and character. I think as more people get caught up on recent shows and as this progresses he will naturally become a bigger deal. Just my 0.02 cents
Seagull

Post by Seagull »

The video's been removed. Hmmmmmm...
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Seagull wrote:The video's been removed. Hmmmmmm...
WTF? Guessing Cornette didn't like it? It would be stupid if this ends up hurting him instead of helping him.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

fm20000 wrote:
WTF? Guessing Cornette didn't like it? It would be stupid if this ends up hurting him instead of helping him.
I Don't think Jim really care about it.. Kevin Steen said some nasty stuff about him and he get it. IDK why the video is removed, maybe storyline?
MOOSE!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

DieHard wrote:
fm20000 wrote:
I Don't think Jim really care about it.. Kevin Steen said some nasty stuff about him and he get it. IDK why the video is removed, maybe storyline?
That Steen/Cornette stuff was all released by ROH and I'm sure they knew about it ahead of time. This Ciampa video was uploaded on some like random channel and it doesn't seem like ROH knew about it.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Mike Bennett said in his last P.S.A "maybe i should learn to kick faster" or something like that when he talked about why he don't have a match on some show and why he isn't in the main event. They did nothing. I will try to talk with Ciampa on twitter about this tomorrow.
MOOSE!
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

fm20000 wrote: That Steen/Cornette stuff was all released by ROH and I'm sure they knew about it ahead of time. This Ciampa video was uploaded on some like random channel and it doesn't seem like ROH knew about it.

Verified as fact. When guys send in promos, they have to be approved by the ROH/DGUSA offices before posted online. Ciampa apparently didn't do that, thus it was removed and heat was put on Ciampa and the kid who filmed the video.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

JSWO wrote:
fm20000 wrote: That Steen/Cornette stuff was all released by ROH and I'm sure they knew about it ahead of time. This Ciampa video was uploaded on some like random channel and it doesn't seem like ROH knew about it.

Verified as fact. When guys send in promos, they have to be approved by the ROH/DGUSA offices before posted online. Ciampa apparently didn't do that, thus it was removed and heat was put on Ciampa and the kid who filmed the video.
That's great...
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

fm20000 wrote:
JSWO wrote:

That's great...
The kid who filmed it goes by the name "Harry" on various message boards out there.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Hopefully he just gets a reminder to get his promos verified, because actual "heat" for this is harsh and goes against the idea of ROH, plus it was all totally within his character.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

JSWO wrote:
The kid who filmed it goes by the name "Harry" on various message boards out there.

In all seriousness, seems kinda silly for ROH to pull it. This thread shows how it had people talking about Ciampa