Ciampa's Frustration. (5 minute rant/promo on ROH)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

Ciampa's Frustration. (5 minute rant/promo on ROH)

Post by fm20000 »

Well he has my attention. I've always said Ciampa has the tools but he doesn't impress me when he's in the spotlight like at the 10th Anniversary show or Final Battle vs Jimmy Rave. I've gotta agree though ROH has given him shit to work with. He's on an undefeated streak since entering ROH but who has he actually beat? He's never faced Cole, O'Reilly, Generico, Eddie, Roddy or even like Rhett Titus in a singles match that I can remember. He needs to be given one big match vs Eddie or Generico and lets see what he can really do.
SteenMark23

Re: Ciampa's Frustration. (5 minute rant/promo on ROH)

Post by SteenMark23 »

WOW. That was an incredible promo. I'll be lying if I said I saw the 2nd coming of Bryan Danielson in Ciampa, but if they give him a legit match with someone with the workrate of a Generico, Edwards, Richards, etc. We can really see what he can do. Give him the ball and lets see if he'll run with it.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

"...OVW wrestlers, it's driving me crazy!!"

lol
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Da fuq did I just watch?
boourns

Post by boourns »

That was a bit silly. But I think he would shine with people like Davey or Generico, like others have stated.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

I think he could be a future main eventer, definately better then Mike Bennett in my opinion. Give him a match against Davey or Eddie.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

He needs to get rid of the Embassy, he'd be perfect as the psychotic loner, he doesnt need an entourage and he strikes me as a person who wouldnt have many friends
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Good promo! I can see ROH give him a match vs outside talent or vs Jay Lethal at Border Wars. The problem of booking Ciampa is mantain the Streak against guys on the current roster i think that´s the reason they don´t book him in every show.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Holly shit.
MOOSE!
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I wouldn't mind seeing him in a World Title match against Davey in the upcoming months, since Davey definitely needs more Defenses and Ciampa is still undefeated and consequently has a legitimate claim to be a worthy World title challenger. Maybe do it on a house show in June, I'd love to see what he can do with someone like Davey
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

187_Joeism wrote:Good promo! I can see ROH give him a match vs outside talent or vs Jay Lethal at Border Wars. The problem of booking Ciampa is mantain the Streak against guys on the current roster i think that´s the reason they don´t book him in every show.
That's their problem, letting a winning streak drag on so long when only a couple of those victories actually elevated him.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I have a really bad feeling that Lethal is gonna go over Ciampa at Border Wars. And Ciampa will just be "undefeated in the US" or something. I hope I'm wrong.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

I think we just witnessed the beginning stages of the birth of the newest member of The Age of the Fall
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Marketh. wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Good promo! I can see ROH give him a match vs outside talent or vs Jay Lethal at Border Wars. The problem of booking Ciampa is mantain the Streak against guys on the current roster i think that´s the reason they don´t book him in every show.
That's their problem, letting a winning streak drag on so long when only a couple of those victories actually elevated him.
Maybe yes but the streak make him different than the rest of the roster, they elevate O´Reilly, Cole & Elgin in the past months let´s see if they do the same with Ciampa now
Nice Guy Eddie

Post by Nice Guy Eddie »

classic-cabana wrote:He needs to get rid of the Embassy, he'd be perfect as the psychotic loner, he doesnt need an entourage and he strikes me as a person who wouldnt have many friends
I second this.
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

Marketh. wrote:
That's why I think it's as good of a time as ever to have him beat Jay Lethal, fairly cleanly in their next encounter. Continue the streak by giving him quality opponents and beating them, until he gets that world title match as undefeated in ROH...so it's either win the title or finally lose your first match. And obviously he loses in a fighting effort.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Been saying for months that he has been impressing me....think he will break out this year

good promo also
Seagull

Post by Seagull »

Good promo, but I can't listen to this without hearing, "Thinkin' thinkin' thinkin'"
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

He might want to invest in some new gear if he wants to be taken so seriously.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Nobody in ROH really "breaks out" anymore. If he gets a main event with Davey at some point he will likely have a very good match, but it ends there, because ROH booking doesn't really let that happen. He'll still be in the midcard most of the time having basic 10 min. matches, as the booking will and has dictated.

Ciampa has had really good sub 10 min. matches with O'Reilly, TJP. Imagine those exact same pairings on house shows or iPPVs for 15-20 mins. and the guys not being handcuffed... I think it writes itself, but that won't happen.

But yeah, great promo. He spoke for a lot of ROH fans with this.