Death Before Dishonor 2019 Thread (9/27 Las Vegas)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BearcatMike

Re: Death Before Dishonor 2019 Thread (9/27 Las Vegas)

Post by BearcatMike »

I have found that simply turning on the surround sound on my tv really helps with the crowd noise on ROH shows. Without it, I usually can barely hear the crowd over the announcers. With it, the announcing sometimes can get drowned out when music is playing, but overall it makes for a better experience when you can hear the crowd.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:58 pm Tyler Bateman vs Jake Atlas for tonights show
Two guys who have earned the right to be on any roster for a year now. SMH.

Ignoring the fact, no Rush, no Bandido. Keep that positive slant in real life! The rest of us will live in reality.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

But they are injured...
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:47 pm But they are injured...
So? Exactly how does that change the fact ROH's Champion and arguably most beloved babyface aren't on the show in wrestling capacity? Although I don't think the Champ should be wrestling on every show, make people pay to see him wrestle.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

BearcatMike wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:15 pm I have found that simply turning on the surround sound on my tv really helps with the crowd noise on ROH shows. Without it, I usually can barely hear the crowd over the announcers. With it, the announcing sometimes can get drowned out when music is playing, but overall it makes for a better experience when you can hear the crowd.
Cool tip, gonna give this a shot next time I don't have a conflict watching a show live.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It seems to me that roh are having a lot of try outs for talent in and outside of the ring
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Tyler Bateman seems to be getting a feud with Tracy Williams
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Bateman is a interesting one, I really thought he was destined for AEW considering californian connections or the NWA with how he is apart of Hollywood wrestling.

He was one of my choices for the fourth member of the VE, certainly a talented big guy especially from a pure wrestling perspective, he is very underated, he would certainly add something to the roster, as would Chris Bey and Jake Atlas all of them deserve the chance to grow and get better in ROH.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:49 am It was a really great show live last night.

Dude they REALLY have to get better at mic’ing the crowd. Turn Ian and Caprice down a little bit. They are so loud on the ppv and you can barely hear the crowd. Ian is also a little too excited, he’s like Mauro but even LOUDER than Mauro.

Live, that crowd was going nuts for that Taven/Rush match and you can barely hear us on the ppv. I saw a lot of people talking about this on twitter. And this has been a re-occurring issue for YEARS! How does this never get resolved? Dude, it’s a small room that gets super loud inside. You’d think itd be easy for the ppv to reflect that. But on the ppv, it sounds like crap. I know SOMEBODY from ROH has to be reading that stuff on Twitter. There was a pre-show, for Christ’s sake. Test the audio levels during the pre-show. This is super annoying. It was a great show, loud crowd, and I have to read people online saying “dead crowd” etc. just a bummer.
I really felt the big fight feel in the crowd while watching on PPV, tbh. I also read some people saying that the coronation of Rush was cold, but I think that's bc they don't like the product bc on the PPV you could hear the excitement in the crowd.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lifeblood cant cach a break..

so sad about bandido injured , i was rooting for a bandido vs rush match for final battle
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:37 am lifeblood cant cach a break..

so sad about bandido injured , i was rooting for a bandido vs rush match for final battle
May have been the plan since this week’s episode of ROH TV shows Bandido was supposed to beat Lethal in the tournament had that match happened.

From watching the show though, seems more like it’ll be Rush vs Marty with Marty teasing this could be his “Final Battle” for a title shot. Not sure it’s a great sign to have two straight years of Final Battle revolve around someone leaving the company.

https://twitter.com/Darryn1226/status/1 ... 10976?s=20
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Here is the thing, I actually want Lifeblood vs Bully to be resolved so I didn't really like that they just shifted to Lifeblood vs VE feud even if the matches themselves were much better. But here is the problem for me, now they are shifting back again to Bully without giving proper ending to VE feud either. You know, I'd like them to actually win a feud at some point and I wouldn't be surprised if stuff with Bully ends up getting shifted into something else again. Add to that injuries and Juice leaving and it is a mess.

Bouncers stuff was surprisingly decent.

Whats next for Taven? He is staying, but I'm not sure what they'll have him do. I'm sure that we'll have some smart comments about how he should just be benched, but if they are paying him 3xNXT deal then it probably means that they intend to have him play important role in the promotion going forward. And I don't see at the moment what that role could be. Like what his match at Final Battle is going to be? Maybe they'll put him with Bully against Lifeblood?

Marty's deal expires before Final Battle I think so if he is in it then he probably isn't leaving. Obviously they could sign a short extension, but I find that less likely.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Wrestlingisback wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:13 am

May have been the plan since this week’s episode of ROH TV shows Bandido was supposed to beat Lethal in the tournament had that match happened.

From watching the show though, seems more like it’ll be Rush vs Marty with Marty teasing this could be his “Final Battle” for a title shot. Not sure it’s a great sign to have two straight years of Final Battle revolve around someone leaving the company.

if marty is leaving the main event can loss some interest, really bad time for a bandido injured...lethal or pco vs rush maybe, idk.

damn..
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Really enjoyable show, an easy watch

Cabana v Scurrl was a cracking opener.

King v PCO was fun, I'll never tire of PCO killing himself, its a fun gimmick.

Gresham v Lethal was really really good, loved the storytelling in the match.

Briscoes v Haskins/Bandido was excellent. MOTN. If there is one thing ROH has delivered consistently in 2019, it is good to great tag team wrestling (thanks in most part to The Briscoes)

Taven v Rush was very good. Probably Tavens best defence. ROH have a real talent on their hands in Rush. I'm excited for his title reign.

WOH is a mess, its an albatross right now, and my eyes rolled when Bully Ray came out.

Won't let those two factors ruin an otherwise decent ppv. Definitely worth checking out.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:52 am

if marty is leaving the main event can loss some interest, really bad time for a bandido injured...lethal or pco vs rush maybe, idk.

damn..
I don't think it's an issue unless it comes out beforehand that he's 100% leaving. Like last year it was presumed the Elite were leaving, but it's not like they announced AEW before Final Battle and I thought it was fine and the crowd heat was good.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:08 am
monster mafia wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:52 am

damn..
I don't think it's an issue unless it comes out beforehand that he's 100% leaving. Like last year it was presumed the Elite were leaving, but it's not like they announced AEW before Final Battle and I thought it was fine and the crowd heat was good.
I think that was when there was more optimism around the company that things would be fine even with the Elite leaving. Not sure the fanbase is feeling quite as good now as they were then.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Gave in, and watch the last 1.5 hours of the stream that actually worked.... I'll post some thoughts under the spoiler tag.

Spoiler: show

Tyler Bateman ... not too familiar with him, but seems solid. Is he joining Villain Enterprises?!? Would seem like it right?

Jake Atlas seems like a no brainer to pick up if possible.

Didn't see it but glad Draper won the tournament.

Matt Taven... Glad to hear he's staying in ROH, but it guess certainly beg the question as for what is next. Here are a few ideas
1) Rematch/Feud with Rush.
2) Face Turn & Vincent & TKO turn on him
3) Evolve his character... maybe a Anti-Mexican heel... (who knows)

As for FInal Battle with no Bandido in the tournament... i assume if he's not that injured, they could potentially insert him into a semi-final match IF they really wanted him to win. I assume he's going to be out some time so here's a few ideas for the Final Battle main event.

1) Dalton Castle TItle vs. Hair match. ROH would need to push Castle really hard the next few months, but this could lead to the big match we never quite got.
2) Marty Scurll - Two most over people at the moment. Could be good.
3) Taven Rematch - I know Taven isn't in the tournament, but could be good. Maybe a ladder match or something.

Last but not least... ELI ISOM.... Let's do something with this guy ROH. Turn him heel on Cheeseburger for holding him back. Turn him in a tag team with Kenny King..... Have him feud with Lifeblood...Have him feud with Bully. Anything away from 3S. Not saying he needs to be a main eventer, but at least establish him as something.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Trying to watch DBD Fallout on Fite, stream is choppy as hell, keeps cutting to a Fite TV logo. Honor Club version the same.

ROH really don't help themselves
Montana

Post by Montana »

The first hour and 9 minutes are messed up... after that seems to work fine. Not sure when/if ROH will fix... but yeah , no excuses for this.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Glad I was watching Spence vs Porter instead of trying to watch the Fallout it seems.