Death Before Dishonor 2019 Thread (9/27 Las Vegas)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Death Before Dishonor 2019 Thread (9/27 Las Vegas)

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:47 am
monster mafia wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:46 am So roh put this fucking great match and you guys complain about it? Hahahahaha

Damn...
I see the sinclair check cleared again 🙄

Where is new roh contract star Anthony Henry?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:46 am So roh put this fucking great match and you guys complain about it? Hahahahaha

Damn...
I don't have a problem with the match. If Brody looks like a threat to Rush you instantly have a world title contender. If PCO loses the night before in the World Title tournament match then let him eat the pin and keep Brody strong.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:47 am

Damn...
I see the sinclair check cleared again 🙄

Where is new roh contract star Anthony Henry?
Clearly already mentioned this, Conrad corrected his statement and that’s who told me the same thing.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

just kidding, i think the match is great and we all need to be excited about it.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Dragon Lee & Rush versus PCO & Brody King added to the TV taping. Haskins / Castle & Lethal / Bandido already booked, should be three bangers on par with anything at the PPV.
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:34 pm just kidding, i think the match is great and we all need to be excited about it.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
[cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The advances for both the 9/27 Death Before Dishonor PPV (let alone the TV taping the next day) and Final Battle are very weak. The 9/27 show is in Sam’s Town, which only holds 900 people to begin with and very few tickets are sold. Final Battle, on 12/13 in Baltimore, the traditional biggest event of the year, went on sale on 9/13 and the advance was only 150 or so
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

A Matt Taven main event isn’t selling out venues?

I’m very surprised at this.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the era of rush is coming..
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

supersonic wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:01 am Observer:
The advances for both the 9/27 Death Before Dishonor PPV (let alone the TV taping the next day) and Final Battle are very weak. The 9/27 show is in Sam’s Town, which only holds 900 people to begin with and very few tickets are sold. Final Battle, on 12/13 in Baltimore, the traditional biggest event of the year, went on sale on 9/13 and the advance was only 150 or so
Wow, who could have predicted this.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Only a few days away!
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Damn. I just looked at the tickets available and it's like, absurd. Saturday TV taping show has like 50% of front row ringside still available. PPV front row ringside is all sold out. But both have SO many tickets still available. I wanted to go on there today and see the sales get better. But like, is ANYBODY going to go to these shows? They will need to do some fancy camera work to hide the crowd lol.

And it also really sucks because it might make them not want to come back to Vegas. And I love ROH shows in Vegas. It's just a bummer. Makes me miss the ROH of just a couple years ago. Even just a couple years ago, the product was still so good. What the hell happened?
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

This angle is so dead already, before anything has even happened.

It's like the whole CM Punk thing, except it's a lower midcarder that nobody cares about. And it's not even believable that anybody else would want him.

Just a bad idea all around. I'm hoping it wraps up at the PPV, but I guarantee you this thing will go on for months and months. So bad.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:50 am Damn. I just looked at the tickets available and it's like, absurd. Saturday TV taping show has like 50% of front row ringside still available. PPV front row ringside is all sold out. But both have SO many tickets still available. I wanted to go on there today and see the sales get better. But like, is ANYBODY going to go to these shows? They will need to do some fancy camera work to hide the crowd lol.

And it also really sucks because it might make them not want to come back to Vegas. And I love ROH shows in Vegas. It's just a bummer. Makes me miss the ROH of just a couple years ago. Even just a couple years ago, the product was still so good. What the hell happened?
I bought my tickets, so I did my part to help.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so where is the press conference between rush and taven...they say it will be today, ok, nevermind.
AnHonorableMention

For those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
Captain Podcast
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

ROH used to really put a lot of effort into their PPVs. Sam’s Town would sell out when they were doing that.

Put belts on the wrong people. Book shows that people don’t care about. Push angles/people that the fans just don’t give a shit about. And you have the perfect recipe to send a successful company into a nosedive.

I wish ROH wasn’t as pathetic as it is right now. But that’s what happens when they ignore Scurll and put the belt on Taven. They deserve this.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Hopefully it will be much like the Manhatten Mayhem where everyone is coming in kind of low but there ends up being a hot show. It's wierd when I watched the three CMLL shows I felt like for the most part they had built the title match well and furthered a lot of fueds that have been going on but the time inbetween that has been porely used from how bad the promotional material has been from interviews and video packages especially, while the use of recent TV episodes compared to previous weeks has been shameful really. I don't know if that's people leaving behind the scenes catching up with ROH or just a lack of effort on this PPV but if RUSH is to win the title then there needs to a real change in energy of how the product is presented if not then there is no point in the change and there really is going to be a huge problem even compared to before. It would also give ROH the bounce of, oh they do listen and can still do the right thing when it's meant to happen. Personally I would just change all the titles on the show make it clear you want freshness in the company even if title reigns are short lived or don't feel right necesserily right now, say like with Life Blood winning the tag titles, but it would at least capatilise on Bandido's recent win and hopefully give Life Blood some needed legitimacy to what they want to achieve in ROH.

A caveat to all this that the recent AEW, Impact, plus the regional promotions all there or in the area pretty close together in a small market already will have been a problem. Money can only go so far and if you aren't delivering something special like the AEW event people aren't flying or traveling from all over. I think they will still come back to Vegas but it maybe a while and other markets like Milwaukee, Dayton will be used much more. It maybe an idea to wait to see what other promotions are doing before booking an arena so far in advance to allow for people to be able to genuinely afford to come.