Death Before Dishonor 2019 Thread (9/27 Las Vegas)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Death Before Dishonor 2019 Thread (9/27 Las Vegas)

Post by BurningHammer »

They might as well make Flip and Williams a number one contender match for the TV title and leave the match as a singles like it should have been.

They could go a couple of ways with Taylor have him as a way to build relationships with other promotions around the world where he defends the belt and builds up a long line of wins from lots of recognisable places and gets ROH out there into the indy world which it really needs to do. They can also make him the guy at Future of Honor considering he is based in Baltimore or from the area, they can make him a real babyface out there with life story and living in Baltimore. Or they could bring in people to try and take the title from Taylor giving the fans to see guys they might normally and introduce people they want to add to the roster and see how they do. There's other ways like making a contract offer he cant refuse in the end and him becoming a really wealthy version of himself, not necessarily Ric Flair type but he gets new gear, always where's immaculate clothes etc.

There is a chance now with Taylor to do something and not to just drop it and leave Taylor hanging again.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:49 pm Shane just doesn’t do anything for me. If he’s not having a big dude battle with Jeff Cobb, he’s boring. His match last time in Vegas with Cobb was GREAT. But Cobb helped a lot with that. Cobb does the strength spots. What does Shane do exactly?

Taylor by himself just isn’t interesting as a wrestler or as this character cutting promos. He’s not scary or intimidating. And his body has always looked pretty weird, which I think hurts his believability as this big scary guy he’s trying to portray. I think he’d be better off in some kind of tag team. Or as a big bruiser guy in some kinda stable. As a singles title holder, idk. Its just hard to buy.
I'd call Shane good but not "PPV singles semi main event" good (and definitely not popular enough to pull that off). The thing I really like about him is how he incorporates Black American identity in his promos through his language and meter. It's a pretty brave thing to do in his environment, especially considering there haven't been that many other wrestlers who have already worked in that idiom other than Kenny King. It definitely rounds Shane out more than being he generic bodyguard he's been for the most of his ROH run. But yeah, the gear has got to go.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Two of the toughest, most intimidating competitors in pro wrestling will collide when Jeff Cobb faces Brody King for the first time in an ROH ring LIVE and for FREE on the Death Before Dishonor pre-show on Friday, Sept. 27!

ROH is presenting this main event-caliber match as a special treat for fans and to once again show everyone in the wrestling world why it is the absolute best wrestling on the planet.

The Death Before Dishonor pre-show will be broadcast live at 5:30 p.m. Pacific on Facebook, YouTube, HonorClub, Fite TV and all major cable and satellite providers. The Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view, headlined by an ROH World Title Match between champion Matt Taven and the undefeated RUSH, follows at 6 p.m. Pacific.

Both Cobb and King combine raw freakish strength and amazing agility. Cobb went undefeated for nearly a year in ROH and successfully defended the ROH World Television Title for 222 days -- the longest TV Title reign in three years.

King has made a huge impact in ROH since making his debut at the end of last year. A member of Villain Enterprises, he is a co-holder of the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Titles and former co-holder of the ROH World Tag Team Championship.

The showdown between these two dangerous, no-nonsense competitors is something you don’t want to miss!
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Glad it’s happening. Obviously, having it on the “preshow” is stupid. But what’s the use in even complaining anymore?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

it is a good match to gain attention for the pre show....i guess
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I'm marginally interested in this dumb Shane Taylor angle just to see if it makes sense in the end, because I sure as shit have no idea what they are going for right now. Like, is it as simple as trying to get Shane heel heat by refusing to wrestle? The fake release feels excessive if that's the goal. And if that's not the goal, I'm stumped so far.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I'm actually loving where is may be going
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Looks like it’s a way for him to debut this “agent” guy as his manager/tag team partner? He definitely needs something added to his character, so this works for me. Hopefully he drops the belt.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 pm Glad it’s happening. Obviously, having it on the “preshow” is stupid. But what’s the use in even complaining anymore?
If I'm not mistaken they had Rush/Flip as a preshow match for Best in the world? So it looks like this is their strategy, to get attention with hot free match for PPV. Not sure if it is working, but I can appreciate that they at least are trying to do something.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Man, imagine getting something you really would like for free and then complaining about it.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

So hang on people get a possible great match for free and there angry because it's not on a main show they would have to pay for. Centered around matches with more build up and meaning to them.

Awesome and completey shows the insanity that ROH faces with the wrestling fan/public.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

a formula like aew buy in but it is bad because you know.......people.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Exactly, but they will point to the fact that it's developing talent or giving you something different which is the positive, or like in those comments, there are better talents on the main show. But if you have poor talents on the pre show why watch it, I actually want to watch the pre show, If I was going I would want to turn up early and see the match. It's a way of creating early energy for the PPV which is a good idea, but you know people actually can't see their hands in front of their faces these days.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

It’s like the 2nd or 3rd best match on the card. Should be later, so there’s actually PEOPLE at the venue to see it happen, no? Brody/Cobb should honestly be what is main eventing a ROH show in 2019. But ahhh, whatever.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Trust me, the tickets say 6 pm. People will not be showing up early. I mean, both shows have heavily discounted tickets on GROUPON for christ’s sake. So the crowd will be a lot of people who just have nothing better to do that night.

ROH used to sell out this venue on back to back nights. But they used to also have really really strong cards when they came here.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lethal-gresham

briscoes- bandido and haskins

cabana- marty

rush- taven

good matches for the main card, also brody vs cobb is a random match without build up so..
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 am It’s like the 2nd or 3rd best match on the card. Should be later, so there’s actually PEOPLE at the venue to see it happen, no? Brody/Cobb should honestly be what is main eventing a ROH show in 2019. But ahhh, whatever.
It will be streamed on Youtube and Honor Club as I understand.