Death Before Dishonor 2019 Thread (9/27 Las Vegas)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
alexsmellzzz

Re: Death Before Dishonor 2019 Thread (9/27 Las Vegas)

Post by alexsmellzzz »

If Shane Taylor HAS to be on the card, I'd like to see either him vs Brody in a big man battle. Or an Eli Isom rematch. I think Eli flying around and getting people behind him would work great as 2nd or 3rd match on the card.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

I forgot about dragon lee booked for this show..damn.

They have a lot of people without matches yet
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:49 am If Shane Taylor HAS to be on the card, I'd like to see either him vs Brody in a big man battle. Or an Eli Isom rematch. I think Eli flying around and getting people behind him would work great as 2nd or 3rd match on the card.
I think Gresham would be a good option too. But Gresham is a good option with lots of wrestlers, I have no idea what Brody would do if he doesn't get the TV title match. Flip & Brody versus Hot Sauce & PJ Black maybe.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

maxx_powerz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:14 am
alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:49 am If Shane Taylor HAS to be on the card, I'd like to see either him vs Brody in a big man battle. Or an Eli Isom rematch. I think Eli flying around and getting people behind him would work great as 2nd or 3rd match on the card.
I think Gresham would be a good option too. But Gresham is a good option with lots of wrestlers, I have no idea what Brody would do if he doesn't get the TV title match. Flip & Brody versus Hot Sauce & PJ Black maybe.
Yeah I think that tag is a possibility, too. I was thinking about that. Brody would fit in with Flip because he can do some of the flippy stuff too. And then they could build to Tracy/Flip or wherever they’re going with that.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Latest Observer says CMLL pulled Dragon Lee off the show for their own show. Sucks.

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/statu ... 8360989696
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ECK FILES

The Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view later this month is quickly shaping up to be another can’t-miss Ring of Honor show.

Just signed for the event is a Triple Threat Match for the ROH World Television Title between champion Shane Taylor, “The Mercenary” Flip Gordon of Villain Enterprises and “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams, and an ROH World Tag Team Title Match pitting champions Jay and Mark Briscoe against LifeBlood’s Bandido and Mark Haskins.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I like merging the TV title and Flip/Tracy match together. In kayfabe, Flip getting a title shot is a little iffy, but any time you can take two okay undercard matches and make them one slightly better undercard match, it's a thumbs up from me, especially for a PPV.

No idea about Brody now though. A Cobb / Brody match would be a decent hoss battle, but would feel like a waste of Cobb and leaves Lethal out to dry unless Gresham turns tonight or tomorrow.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:13 am I like merging the TV title and Flip/Tracy match together. In kayfabe, Flip getting a title shot is a little iffy, but any time you can take two okay undercard matches and make them one slightly better undercard match, it's a thumbs up from me, especially for a PPV.

No idea about Brody now though. A Cobb / Brody match would be a decent hoss battle, but would feel like a waste of Cobb and leaves Lethal out to dry unless Gresham turns tonight or tomorrow.
Yeah that 3 way does sound interesting. Makes me actually excited for a Shane Taylor match. Usually it takes Jeff Cobb or Bandido for that to happen. All 3 of those guys could benefit from strong performances, so we'll see who shows out.

Brody/Cobb would be cool. I'm pretty sure they've wrestled on one of those NJPW USA shows or on a PWG show or something. Curious to see what happens with Lethal and Gresham.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1867 ... =Jeff+Cobb

Looks like they had three singles matches, but neither was a high profile match (NJPW shows weren't streamed and VODs appeared like months later) so RoH doing it as a marque match for one of the bigger shows would make sense I think. If Cobb is going to challenge for world title again then he should also beat someone credible before that and Brody fits here I think.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Lynx wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:03 am https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1867 ... =Jeff+Cobb

Looks like they had three singles matches, but neither was a high profile match (NJPW shows weren't streamed and VODs appeared like months later) so RoH doing it as a marque match for one of the bigger shows would make sense I think. If Cobb is going to challenge for world title again then he should also beat someone credible before that and Brody fits here I think.
I would still much prefer Lethal / Cobb, especially if Cobb is leaving soon.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i would have continued with haskins and tracy as tag team and give bandido the chance for another tv tittle shot.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Great looking card so far:

Taven (c) vs. Rush
Taylor (c) vs. Gordon vs. Williams
Briscoes (c) vs. Bandido/Haskins
Klein (c) vs. Love

PCO vs. Kenny King
Scurll vs. Cabana

Lethal vs. Gresham

And from what Ian said, Brody vs. I will assume Cobb

That's a really good looking card.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

VERY glad we’re getting Lethal/Gresham. I think this is Lethal/Gresham IV. The first one on a PPV. First 2 were on Honor Club shows and the 3rd was on a TV episode.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Card looks fine. I liked 17AS & BitW better on paper. Hard to see how Lethal / Gresham can live up to their iron Man match from last year, but they've always had good chemistry together. Glad to finally get the Klein / Love out of the way, hopefully Klein retains and they can try something different. Wish Shelley was in Cabana or King's spot or they moved the wrestlers around so Dalton was wrestling PCO or Marty on the PPV. Tag title match or Lethal / Gresham will probably be MotN. I've defended Taven for months, but I kind of hope Rush squashes him in five minutes.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ian just announced vincent and silas vs the bouncers for the ppv

i think that is a mistake putting a lot of matches in the ppv ,thats why they have time slots problems...

also i think thats not a ppv caliber match..

ps: they dont know what to do with silas young...they have something interesting with this josh woods run but then suddenly they put him with marseglia.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Yikes. That's disappointing. So either we are getting a 9 match show or no Cobb. Guess they could put him on the preshow like they did with Rush for BitW, but not a great look when Vinny and the Bouncers make the cut.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Since TK is still out with a concussion they found a way for Silas to take his place. I'd rather they match take place at the tv taping or pre-show.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Yeah, this looks like it can result in another underwhelming main event because everyone has to get their shit in.

I like Silas and he probably should be on PPV, but Vincent and bouncers are pre-show material at best.

I'm not sure about Lethal/Gresham. You'd think that they'd protect Lethal before the tournament, but it also feels like Gresham has to win here and fully turn heel? I probably would have done that match on UK instead.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Vinny Marinara on a PPV, Jesus Christ. Bad enough he’s on the roster as is, now he’s getting PPV time.

Cmon ROH. You make one good decision with Lethal/Gresham and then have to balance it out with Vinny Marsupial on a PPV. He is terrible. I can’t even think of a good run-in or any kind of segment that could possibly save that match. And they’ll probably give it 10+ minutes too. Good grief.