Who would you sign...

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

Who would you resign long term, if you could only sign one

Marty Scurll
44%
Jeff Cobb
13%
Dalton Castle
13%
Bandido
25%
Flip Gordon
6%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 16

Montana

Who would you sign...

Post by Montana »

I think i know the answer, but wanted to throw it out to the group/community to see your thoughts. If you could only choose 1 wrestler to resign sign long term (at least 2-3 years), who would it be and why??? Try to think about it from what they bring to the current product/roster as well (instead of your favorite).

Marty Scurll - Arguably most popular, and ring general. Liked across new/old ROH fans. Is he a draw?

Jeff Cobb - A beast, and future star. Can have a great match with anyone and arguably the best wrestler of the group, with lots of fresh matchups still to come. Has size, which others lack.

Dalton Castle - Most Charismatic. Can play heel/face, probably most balanced all around, on the roster.

Bandido - A hot free agent pick for ROH. Young and another great fast/high flyer. His style connects with the ROH fanbase.

Flip Gordon - A guy from the start groomed for success in ROH. Hasn't reached his destiny yet, but if he stays healthy and under contract, could be a big star.

Other... Anyone who isn't signed/locked down by a major promotion.

My pick.... . obliviously very tough pick as they all bring something a little different to the product. My initial thought would be Dalton Castle, and he's the most balanced. Entertaining in and out of the ring. Former ROH champ. Checks all the boxes. That being said, his booking this year hasn't been great and think it could be hard to rekindle that initial buzz. That being said, and i think this would be the popular vote... Marty Scurll seems like the ideal choice. As mentioned earlier, he's super popular, and a ring general, that can help some of the younger talent. Good mix of in ring and promo skills. Plus from a career/storyline prespective, you have lots of options. He's never been world champ, history with bullet club and Villain Enterprises.

Thoughts??
BurningHammer

Re: Who would you sign...

Post by BurningHammer »

I’m really making my pick based on who could carry a company with longevity, and in every facet the main guy needs too as well as being a draw that would mesh all fan bases.

It has to be Marty, I enjoy everyone you have picked but in terms of injuries, previous reigns limitations etc in certain areas he comes out the strongest.

There is other obviously and RUSH really stands out and will likely be the next champ but again it’s for long term and for all regions etc if fans.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Bandido all day every day.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Marty. Ridiculous he hasn't been champion
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Montana wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:18 pmJeff Cobb - A beast, and future star. Can have a great match with anyone and arguably the best wrestler of the group, with lots of fresh matchups still to come. Has size, which others lack.
He is much older than other options - 37 years old. I don't see how he is going to be a future star, if anything he'll probably start winding down in next couple of years.

Anyway I'd sign Marty, my next pick would be Dalton.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

All i gotta say is fuck Castle.

Jeff Cobb, Bandido or Marty are the only logical picks

Also Haskin and Williams.

These guys are the guys that resemble ROH of old.

Cobb as a dominate Champion sounds better to me than Rush
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I am the sole vote for Castle because I had to be true to myself.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I think 12 months ago, Dalton would have gotten a lot more votes. I think a fully healthy , well booked Dalton in 2019 would get more votes too.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Looking at this from a SBG perspective. A very conservative company, I'm making sure to keep the man with a military background in Flip Gordon and requesting he's pushed to the moon.