Honor For All 8/25/19 Nashville

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
IanRiccaboni

Re: Honor For All 8/25/19 Nashville

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Here you go! :D
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:17 am Image

Cool, great place to have it and brings everything back full circle from the NWA event.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Rush vs Marseglia again....

Jesus.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 pm Rush vs Marseglia again....

Jesus.
I get why this match happens for storyline reasons but yeah.......I'm with you.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Matt Taven continues to hold the ROH World Championship, and Jay Lethal, Jeff Cobb and Kenny King continue to be in hot pursuit of it. At Honor for All in Nashville, Tenn., on Aug. 25, one of the three contenders could secure a future title shot. If that doesn’t happen, one of them will be forced out of the championship picture for the duration of Taven’s reign.

Taven, Lethal, Cobb and King will compete in a Defy or Deny Match. In this elimination bout, if one of the three contenders wins, he will receive a future ROH World Title shot. However, if Taven wins, whoever is eliminated last cannot challenge for the world title as long as he remains champion.

Lethal, Cobb and King have all come up short in title matches against Taven, so the stakes are incredibly high for all three of them. As for Taven, he obviously would love nothing more than to ensure that one of these top stars never again challenges him for his title.

The last time Taven competed in a Defy or Deny Match -- at State of the Art in Portland, Ore., in June -- he prevailed over PCO, Mark Haskins and Flip Gordon. As a result, Gordon cannot challenge for the ROH World Title as long as Taven is champion.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Perfect Match to put Cobb back on track.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Jesus.
It’s never a match to set the world alight but I’ll taking the sense of booking, I would probably scrub it though and have the Kingdom beat the crap of RUSH. Maybe even have Castle make the save for RUSH (he gained respect for the man after the match) but then turns on RUSH joining the Kingdom and lead off for Taven and Castle as a team.

I’m guessing Lethal or King Loosing that one
dirty

Post by dirty »

Rock & Roll Express? This is embarrassing now. I am furious with myself for buying tickets to this event ahead of time. My own fault but it won't happen again.

All the cards can't be loaded but this is beyond hot garbage.

No Dragon Lee
No Gresham - I understand why these guys are not here but it stings nevertheless

Briscoes completely wasted
Rush completely wasted

Marty & Bandido: It's a good match but when the talent worth paying to see is this thin it hurts a lot to have two top guys in a multi-man match where their in-ring time will be limited.

That leaves a handful of decent guys and only Lethal & Cobb that I'd be excited to pay money to see live. Looks like Lethal & Cobb also in a multi-man match now so whatever.

I'm an idiot but ROH won't see a dime from me again.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Jesus.
It’s never a match to set the world alight but I’ll taking the sense of booking, I would probably scrub it though and have the Kingdom beat the crap of RUSH. Maybe even have Castle make the save for RUSH (he gained respect for the man after the match) but then turns on RUSH joining the Kingdom and lead off for Taven and Castle as a team.

that makes sense.. they are also good friends in real life..you can have dalton on the kingdom and let rush bring his ingobernables to roh.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Dirty what event are you going too?, because Bandido vs Marty is in Atlanta. Everything else you’ve named is for the Nashville event.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Everything their doing is logical booking
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dirty wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:19 pm Rock & Roll Express? This is embarrassing now. I am furious with myself for buying tickets to this event ahead of time. My own fault but it won't happen again.

No Dragon Lee
No Gresham - I understand why these guys are not here but it stings nevertheless

Rush completely wasted

Marty & Bandido: It's a good match but when the talent worth paying to see is this thin it hurts a lot to have two top guys in a multi-man match where their in-ring time will be limited.

That leaves a handful of decent guys and only Lethal & Cobb that I'd be excited to pay money to see live. Looks like Lethal & Cobb also in a multi-man match now so whatever.

they have a decent match in the nwa show but i understand your anger...dragon lee is not signed with roh so maybe you cant count the guy

in the end i hope you can have a really good time, its the new format of tv tapings streaming live, i believe you can have a fun night.
Last edited by monster mafia on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:25 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Jesus.

that makes sense.. they are also good friends in real life..you can have dalton on the kingdom and let rush bring his ingobernables to roh.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, hoping anyway.
dirty

Post by dirty »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 pm Dirty what event are you going too?, because Bandido vs Marty is in Atlanta. Everything else you’ve named is for the Nashville event.
I'm going to the Nashville event. My point was Marty & Bandido are in a 6 man match in Nashville. The match is fine but when the talent is thin having those guys stuck in a multi-man match makes the card even worse.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

dirty wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:35 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 pm Dirty what event are you going too?, because Bandido vs Marty is in Atlanta. Everything else you’ve named is for the Nashville event.
I'm going to the Nashville event. My point was Marty & Bandido are in a 6 man match in Nashville. The match is fine but when the talent is thin having those guys stuck in a multi-man match makes the card even worse.
Ahhh I see, sorry man, well you’ll hopefully see a title change and a good to great match. I can totally see why you would be frustrated by the match ups but hopefully the sense that is being shown now will make it so next time you’ll certainly want to get a ticket as there will be better matches overall.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:17 am Image

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dirty wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:19 pm Rock & Roll Express? This is embarrassing now. I am furious with myself for buying tickets to this event ahead of time. My own fault but it won't happen again.

No Dragon Lee

Rush completely wasted

Rock and Roll Express makes sense. Is the last show in that arena, and they were one of the best tags in that area so there you have.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Okay, I'm going to use my moderator card to gatekeep against anyone who doesn't feel nerdily warm about a Rock N Roll/Briscoes match for the ROH titles.

Also, Ricky and Robert, sneaky good year.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Wilson wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:01 am Okay, I'm going to use my moderator card to gatekeep against anyone who doesn't feel nerdily warm about a Rock N Roll/Briscoes match for the ROH titles.

Also, Ricky and Robert, sneaky good year.
I have obvious reasons to say this (promote the upcoming match, etc.) but I think this is Ricky and Robert's best year in-ring since probably, what, 1996? And they have been sneakily very good since then. But I think it was 1996 where they had all of those matches against the various combinations of 4 Horseman, Fire and Ice, and others?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I'm super happy to see next week's cards. They make sense from an storyline perspective and help some of the storylines in mid and long term.

In Atlanta you have singles and tag between LB and VE, then you have the first contender match for the TV Title and also the big champions vs all stars, which looks fantastic if you ask me.

Then in Nashville you have DEFY or DENY with 4 great names, the 6 Man Titles with a good build and the tag team title match between 2 veteran teams that showed good chemistry back in the Crockett Cup; add to that a TV Title match and Rush-Vinny, which makes sense to build the Taven-Rush match in Vegas.

Nothing spectacular, but this doens't feel like random matches, which is a good by the creative team.