Coast2Coast

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Coast2Coast

Post by Montana »

I wanted to get some of y'all's thoughts on Coast2Coast...

Coming into 2019, they seemed prime to step up in the tag division, and help fill the void of the young bucks. Now, i'm not saying i'm expecting them to fill their shoes... but i think the door was open for them to step and impress. 6-7 months into 2019, i have to say something is a bit off. Not sure why they turned heel first of all, which could be part of the problem. They play it very safe in the ring, and don't take much risk. They are wrestling as heels, but i'm just not impressed with them this year. If you look at the NJPW dojo match at WOTW Grand Rapids, thought the young lions looked much better. Now, the most recent youtube/honorclub match with C2C vs. Master and the Machine, again Master and the Machine seem to get more noticed out of the match. Plus more of a reaction from the crowd.

Now MAYBE C2C is good at making other teams look good. But at the same time, i'm just not seeing them put 100% effort in. I've seen them have really good matches before, i'm just not seeing it much this year, which should have been a break out year. Maybe they have some injuries, maybe it's wrestling as heels. Maybe it's something backstage with ROH. Maybe they just wrestle a safer / wwe ish style. Not sure... but seems like they are going through the motions. I will say i do think LSG is much better in the ring, and Shaheem can cut a hell of a promo.

Thoughts?? I am being too harsh?
YimYac

Re: Coast2Coast

Post by YimYac »

ROH has been very start/stop with them. They beat War Machine, went undefeated for months but weren’t given wins over top teams. Lost the belt challenge then have barely been on shows off and on since then. Hard to gain momentum that way.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

YimYac wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:24 pm ROH has been very start/stop with them. They beat War Machine, went undefeated for months but weren’t given wins over top teams. Lost the belt challenge then have barely been on shows off and on since then. Hard to gain momentum that way.
Shaheem Ali's car accident in the midst of that undefeated steak really hurt their momentum.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:46 pm
YimYac wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:24 pm ROH has been very start/stop with them. They beat War Machine, went undefeated for months but weren’t given wins over top teams. Lost the belt challenge then have barely been on shows off and on since then. Hard to gain momentum that way.
Shaheem Ali's car accident in the midst of that undefeated steak really hurt their momentum.
But it's not like anything was happening with them before the car accident, either. They are yet another Delirious failure to elevate an young act. We saw it with ACH, Cedric, Dijak, Lio Rush, Jay White, and many others. Also with veterans like Matt Sydal and Tenille Dashwood who just wandered around with no direction. Delirious is utterly terrible at booking an effective midcard.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:56 am
kovs27 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:46 pm
But it's not like anything was happening with them before the car accident, either. They are yet another Delirious failure to elevate an young act. We saw it with ACH, Cedric, Dijak, Lio Rush, Jay White, and many others. Also with veterans like Matt Sydal and Tenille Dashwood who just wandered around with no direction. Delirious is utterly terrible at booking an effective midcard.

Not to mention upper card and lower card booking.

Coast 2 Coast are great. A competent booker would utilize them to the fullest and shed light into their individual stories.
Captain Podcast