Summer Supercard Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Summer Supercard Thread

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Re: Summer Supercard Thread

Post by Montana »

Interesting.... I really thought we were get Taven vs PCO II here in Toronto. Looks like a 6 man CMLL match is on the card as well. Looking forward to the next three shows though. Some good stuff scheduled between New York, Boston and Toronto.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It's Kelly Klein vs Tasha steelz in Toronto
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:25 pm It's Kelly Klein vs Tasha steelz in Toronto
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet but I hope it's true.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Tasha won a contender match on this week t.v. to face Kelly in Toronto
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:59 pm Tasha won a contender match on this week t.v. to face Kelly in Toronto
Ah okay. I didn't know it was for a match in Toronto. When it happened live they only said it was a #1 contenders match. I'm also a few weeks behind on tv.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They way karissa Rivera and Tasha steelz was presented at these tapings I would be surprised if they wasn't signed
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:04 pm They way karissa Rivera and Tasha steelz was presented at these tapings I would be surprised if they wasn't signed
I agree. I don't know if both have aired on tv yet but both were made to look strong.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It seems like their taping three episodes going forward and it looks like backed off on the allure and bully ray stuff
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I wonder if ROH is best off going all in on the CMLL partnership. Or if they even can. I don't know much about how available CMLL talent is (it seems like they run a weekly schedule more similar to WWE than NJPW does with the tours). But it seems like Mexican wrestling imported into the US is a niche they could try to fill. Twitter seems more excited about the CMLL trios than most of the non-MSG NJPW stuff that ROH has gotten the past few years, getting Juice announced for last year's Global Wars is the only thing from the past two years that has probably been equivalent.

The fact that no one has ever really tried to import Mexican wrestling to an English speaking crowd like they have with Japanese wrestling makes me suspect it wouldn't / couldn't work, either schedule wise or money wise or politics wise or whatever. But maybe it just takes an initial investment in stuff like Spanish speaking ring announcers, social media accounts, TV announcers, sales reps, a Spanish website, etc.

I suspect that SBG is probably not interested in making ROH truly bilingual, either politically or financially. But at a time when ROH seems to not be offering much different from AEW, MLW and Impact, you wonder if pushing Rush and Bandido to the top of the card and bringing in CMLL guys as often as you can is the best way forward.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I think that CMLL actually does more shows than WWE, but they got something crazy like 200 wrestlers signed. They probably wouldn't like more main eventers signed to RoH like Rush, but I think some kind of a deal to have rotating 4-6 lucha guys present on each RoH show/tapings would be possible.

Thou I don't agree that this hasn't been tried. Lucha Bros have appeared everywhere and MLW used, and still uses, lots of lucha guys as well. At the same time I think that RoH/CMLL could take that to the next level since Taven has lots of experience with CMLL and Rush now has with RoH. It would be easy to add additional pieces around them and for it to feel like an organic development instead of random stuff to fill out the cards that most of the lucha things in USA feel like.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

It's not all official yet, but Briscoes / GOD ladder match, CMLL trios, Taven / Shelley and Rush / Castle no DQ is a pretty strong top of the card. Add in a probable VE / LB 6 man and whatever Lethal is doing and that's a pretty strong card (although looking at who's left, there's unfortunately not much for Lethal to do unless they are announcing another NJPW guy - maybe tagging with Gresham against the Bouncers and / or Kingdom?).
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Maybe 4-way for TV title? Taylor, Young, Gresham and Lethal?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wonder if any more NJPW talent will be announced? I'd love to see Liger and Suzuki brought in.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Replace nwa with some stardom action.. that can be Nice.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

dhads7161 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm Wonder if any more NJPW talent will be announced? I'd love to see Liger and Suzuki brought in.
Suzuki will be at TAKAYAMANIA(Takayama was his tag partner) 8/26
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If anything I think Ligers last American appearance could be at Final Battle which would be something special

With everything happening with the G1 I don't we will see any other New Japan talent coming in, which overal is the best decission.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Tracy Williams won a four way proven ground match at Manhattan mayhem to face Taylor in Toronto
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh confirmed it ladder war the Briscoes vs guerillas of destiny in Toronto