Summer Supercard Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Summer Supercard Thread

Post by monster mafia »

villain enterprises without a match...hum

what dou you guys think they are gonna face?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Three way tag match with The Kingdom, Bouncers I guess
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

with pco, marty and brody?
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Marty versus Silas i'm guessing
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Guessing six man vs NJPW team of young lions
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

SIGNED TO APPEAR:

THE ALLURE
THE BOUNCERS
SILAS YOUNG

Marty not listed for this show :o
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

So basically it's a card with guys they want to keep or knowing they are going to be keeping around in the future, overall it's a sensible idea and one I have no problem with. It could also just be Marty wants some time off and need some rest too.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Where's Scurll ? lol
Montana

Post by Montana »

I could see him perhaps being at the show involved in a major storyline... but maybe not having a match. Seems like this is their biggest show over the next few months, so maybe they start to evolve Villain enterprises.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

It's still surreal to me how bad ROH has used Marty this year, specially if we consider that his contract is up in November. I mean, I love VE, but he could have been the leader of VE as ROH World Champion.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

It’s INSANE that he was as over as he was and never won the title. Taven winning at MSG is beyond ridiculous considering that Scurll is STILL with the company right now. Scurll having the belt would have elevated the belt and the company as a whole, too. Just complete insane booking from ROH, as per the norm. We could have had Marty vs other guys in dream matches. Instead, a lukewarm Taven title run that has really killed off a lot of the momentum the company had post-Supercard. ROH is being run by complete idiots.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Has it really been that bad, compared to how WWE treats people leaving? They job them out. Most companies job them out. Let's look at Scrull in 2019

- Leads the top faction in ROH
- Won 6 man titles
- Won both PPV matches (Beat Kenny King at 17th anniversary , Beat Lifeblood at Best in the world)
- Was in ROH's main event at MSG
- Main evented several shows with VE

It's been pretty clear his role this year has been to get Villain Enterprises over/ PCO and Brody King. I'd love a marty title run, but doesn't make sense if you know he's leaving for your competition.

My guess, is probably around the March timeframe, they offered him a nice contract extension and he turned it down. So he wants to hear offers when his contract is up.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Dude it’s also a bad move when WWE does that. That’s what WWE does because of Vince’s ego. ROH doesn’t have enough credibility to be doing stuff like that. A year from now, they will have 0 guys on the roster as over as Marty. He is on a whole different level from their current roster. He’s been the most over in the company for like a couple years now. I go to every show in Vegas, he gets INSANE pops every time. It’s not a good move for them to waste him, no matter how you look at it
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 pm Dude it’s also a bad move when WWE does that. That’s what WWE does because of Vince’s ego. ROH doesn’t have enough credibility to be doing stuff like that. A year from now, they will have 0 guys on the roster as over as Marty. He is on a whole different level from their current roster. He’s been the most over in the company for like a couple years now. I go to every show in Vegas, he gets INSANE pops every time. It’s not a good move for them to waste him, no matter how you look at it
What if he stays?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Montana wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:45 am Has it really been that bad, compared to how WWE treats people leaving? They job them out. Most companies job them out. Let's look at Scrull in 2019

- Leads the top faction in ROH
- Won 6 man titles
- Won both PPV matches (Beat Kenny King at 17th anniversary , Beat Lifeblood at Best in the world)
- Was in ROH's main event at MSG
- Main evented several shows with VE

It's been pretty clear his role this year has been to get Villain Enterprises over/ PCO and Brody King. I'd love a marty title run, but doesn't make sense if you know he's leaving for your competition.

My guess, is probably around the March timeframe, they offered him a nice contract extension and he turned it down. So he wants to hear offers when his contract is up.
X2
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:23 pm
alexsmellzzz wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 pm Dude it’s also a bad move when WWE does that. That’s what WWE does because of Vince’s ego. ROH doesn’t have enough credibility to be doing stuff like that. A year from now, they will have 0 guys on the roster as over as Marty. He is on a whole different level from their current roster. He’s been the most over in the company for like a couple years now. I go to every show in Vegas, he gets INSANE pops every time. It’s not a good move for them to waste him, no matter how you look at it
What if he stays?
I’m from Vegas and if that was a bet listed on the board here, I would empty my bank account on him leaving.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It’s could just be a set up for a title challenge, after the Shelley match Marty’s music hits he issues a challenge, they run TV ramping it up then he gets the match in October in the UK maybe.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It's pj black vs Silas young in Toronto
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

I bet Marty was going to face Aldis and when the NWA pulled out, they didn't have a plan for him.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:33 am It’s INSANE that he was as over as he was and never won the title. Taven winning at MSG is beyond ridiculous considering that Scurll is STILL with the company right now. Scurll having the belt would have elevated the belt and the company as a whole, too. Just complete insane booking from ROH, as per the norm. We could have had Marty vs other guys in dream matches. Instead, a lukewarm Taven title run that has really killed off a lot of the momentum the company had post-Supercard. ROH is being run by complete idiots.
Despite me thinking that Taven is pretty good in his current role (even though I'm well aware he's far away from being a star) and that Marty isn't really even all that and that maybe it is a decent idea to not hot-shot the next in the queue of Elite guys and that setting up a talented person like Taven who's here for the long haul as a main eventer is a smart investment, I think Marty should have actually walked out of MSG as the champion. Given all the shit ROH pulled at Supercard, crowning Taven that night was the cherry to top the worst reading-of-the-room of all time. Right now they are vulnerable and they need a legitimate star to lead them through things for as long as he's around.