Something ROH fans get NO credit for..

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TreeOfWHOA!

Something ROH fans get NO credit for..

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Or should i say New York ROH fans get no credit for...

This was not happening on WWE tv at the time ROH fans started this chant at 10th Anniversary. It's amazing how it has caught on fire in the wrestling world now. WWE should be sending royalties to ROH for this once they sell 1 million "Yes,Yes,Yes" T-Shirts :D <Of course i'm being sarcastic about that last part(Only on this forum would i have to point that out though) LOL
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Re: Something ROH fans get NO credit for..

Post by JSWO »

Bryan Danielson is a great wrestler but this has totally jumped the shark. It's now reached "what?" levels of obnoxiousness.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

JSWO wrote:Bryan Danielson is a great wrestler but this has totally jumped the shark. It's now reached "what?" levels of obnoxiousness.
Good. At least that will keep him relevant on TV. If it wasn't for this YES! stuff I feel like he would be at Kofi Kingston's level right now in the WWE's mind and in the fans' minds
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

JSWO wrote:Bryan Danielson is a great wrestler but this has totally jumped the shark. It's now reached "what?" levels of obnoxiousness.
The TV show Dexter has jumped the shark lol But the YES! chant is still fresh. If fans are still doing it 11yrs later like the WHAT? chant then i'd say it's annoying. But i agree with fm2000 at least this chant is keeping Danielson relevant on TV.

Point of the thread wasn't if you find Yes! obnoxious or compare it to What? the point is this..It's a chant that started in ROH and then carried over to the WWE. Which i find pretty damn awesome!
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:
The TV show Dexter has jumped the shark lol But the YES! chant is still fresh. If fans are still doing it 11yrs later like the WHAT? chant then i'd say it's annoying. But i agree with fm2000 at least this chant is keeping Danielson relevant on TV.

Point of the thread wasn't if you find Yes! obnoxious or compare it to What? the point is this..It's a chant that started in ROH and then carried over to the WWE. Which i find pretty damn awesome!
The ROH crowd actually started it a lot farther back than most people think.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I don't mind the YES! chant at WWE shows, as it's telling the WWE that the fans want to see Bryan, and not to just push him straight back to mid card or whatever.

But during ROH shows? Ehhh... maybe in the gaps between matches. But I'm not too keen on it during the ROH matches personally.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

As long as Twinkies! still exists, screw NYC fans.
Last Real Man Hype
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

fm20000 wrote:
Good. At least that will keep him relevant on TV. If it wasn't for this YES! stuff I feel like he would be at Kofi Kingston's level right now in the WWE's mind and in the fans' minds

I'm pretty sure those chants get him more heat from WWE officials than the common fan would like to think.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:

I don't watch Dexter so I don't get the joke. Danielson was so relevant he wasn't even on Raw with the exception of being part of the pull apart brawl. So relevant he jobbed in 20 seconds on the biggest show of the year to a guy completely worthless.

The chants at WWE? Fine. Everywhere else? Obnoxious.
bigstu

Post by bigstu »

Something I have noticed is the lack of creativity lately among indie wrestling fans when it comes to chants. Nothing new has come about in a long time. To quote a good friend of mine, "indie fans have to come up with a new chant when The Rock is getting You Still Got It chants after two armdrags". I have no suggestions for new chants. Just an observation.
boourns

Post by boourns »

JSWO wrote:
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:

I don't watch Dexter so I don't get the joke. Danielson was so relevant he wasn't even on Raw with the exception of being part of the pull apart brawl. So relevant he jobbed in 20 seconds on the biggest show of the year to a guy completely worthless.

they don't throw just anybody on Piper's Pit though
astoph

Post by astoph »

JSWO wrote:
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:

Everywhere else? Would'nt ROH be an exception, considering everything Danielson accomplished there? Being he is currently in WWE and made a name for himself in ROH, the chant makes since to me. Though anywhere else than those two would become extremely annoying.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

boourns wrote: they don't throw just anybody on Piper's Pit though

No, they pretty much do.

To astoph: He doesn't work here anymore. Respect the guys who are here now.
astoph

Post by astoph »

To JSWO: I know and I do. Besides, how did I give the impression that I did'nt respect anyone on the current roster? And why disregard the past? So what if Danielson does'nt work here anymore, he still played a big role in the company.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

astoph wrote:To JSWO: I know and I do. Besides, how did I give the impression that I did'nt respect anyone on the current roster? And why disregard the past? So what if Danielson does'nt work here anymore, he still played a big role in the company.

Wasn't speaking to you in general re: respect just in general when they're in the ring or during shows. Gotta respect the past too, but the present is more important when those chants are going on.
boourns

Post by boourns »

JSWO wrote:

No, they pretty much do.
Ya, just Sone Cold, The Miz, John Cena, JBL, Shawn Michaels, Iron Sheik in the last 8 years. Just a bunch of nobodies in wrestling history.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

boourns wrote:
JSWO wrote:

No, they pretty much do.
Ya, just Sone Cold, The Miz, John Cena, JBL, Shawn Michaels, Iron Sheik in the last 8 years. Just a bunch of nobodies in wrestling history.
Zach Gowen, The Boogeyman, Santino
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

I like the chants. Whether they're at WWE or any other event it's entertaining.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Plenty of people are still having fun with it. I think everything is ok.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
boourns

Post by boourns »

classic-cabana wrote:
Zach Gowen, The Boogeyman, Santino
Boogeyman interrupted a Pit with JBL, Santino did a fake Piper's Pit dressed up as Piper, and at the time, the first one-legged wrestler in WWE actually did mean something. Good use of Wikipedia though :)