Best In The World 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Best In The World 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

Baltimore is a city steeped in pro wrestling history, and Ring of Honor has been a part of that history for years. The tradition continues this summer with ROH bringing the Best in the World PPV to Charm City.

CARD:

Last edited by monster mafia on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BurningHammer

Re: Best In The World 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by BurningHammer »

This is probably one of my favourite wrestling cards from any company in a while and yet we have to deal with so much other shit.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 am This is probably one of my favourite wrestling cards from any company in a while and yet we have to deal with so much other shit.
You like this card better than this year's anniversary show?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:08 am
BurningHammer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 am This is probably one of my favourite wrestling cards from any company in a while and yet we have to deal with so much other shit.
You like this card better than this year's anniversary show?
As an original overall card yeah I think so, when the Anniversary show in the end gave me the 60 minute match and got rid some of the filler matches it turned into a very good show overall, one of the best of the year. I feel as a straight up original card and how much I have enjoyed the booking overall for RUSH, Castle, Taven, Silas, Gresham I think it's great and could again be an excellent show.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

You'd think Briscoes/GOD, Lethal/King would be locks. Would expect a trios title match, in fact I thought that I read somewhere there would be one. Can easily see them adding a women's title match, Silas/Gresham and a Lifeblood vs Bully match. Looking like a bloated card unfortunately. Hopefully they save most of the undercard stuff for TV. ROH really needs this show to be a home run with two or three matches that get people talking.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

maxx_powerz wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:49 am You'd think Briscoes/GOD, Lethal/King would be locks. Would expect a trios title match, in fact I thought that I read somewhere there would be one. Can easily see them adding a women's title match, Silas/Gresham and a Lifeblood vs Bully match. Looking like a bloated card unfortunately. Hopefully they save most of the undercard stuff for TV. ROH really needs this show to be a home run with two or three matches that get people talking.
ROH was supposed to announce the date for the Briscoes/GOD rematch yesterday. I guess with everything else going on they forgot or decided it wasn't a good time to make the announcement. Lethal/King Round 3 has to be a lock.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:26 pm
maxx_powerz wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:49 am You'd think Briscoes/GOD, Lethal/King would be locks. Would expect a trios title match, in fact I thought that I read somewhere there would be one. Can easily see them adding a women's title match, Silas/Gresham and a Lifeblood vs Bully match. Looking like a bloated card unfortunately. Hopefully they save most of the undercard stuff for TV. ROH really needs this show to be a home run with two or three matches that get people talking.
ROH was supposed to announce the date for the Briscoes/GOD rematch yesterday. I guess with everything else going on they forgot or decided it wasn't a good time to make the announcement. Lethal/King Round 3 has to be a lock.
They announced the match for the Hammerstein show in July.

For BITW, ROH confirmed that the trios title Will be defended plus the King vs Lethal 3 and Gresham challenged last week Silas to a pure rules match.

Stacked card so far.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Nice looking card thus far. They've got 3 weeks to hype this, so hopefully they can generate some positive buzz for ROH.

Side note: Matt Taven is having a pretty nice championship reign thus far. Pretty much all of his defenses/matches have been good to great. Off the top of my head, the 60 minute match, the ladder match, Trios championship match, Defenses against PCO, Haskins, and Defy or Deny all met my expectations, if not exceed. His promo's and packages have been good too.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:54 pm
kovs27 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:26 pm
They announced the match for the Hammerstein show in July.

For BITW, ROH confirmed that the trios title Will be defended plus the King vs Lethal 3 and Gresham challenged last week Silas to a pure rules match.

Stacked card so far.
Thanks Alex. Manhattan Mayhem has Lethal challenging for the world title and the Briscoes/GOD rematch. Strong start for that card.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I think the booking has been decent this year but it's production I know they have the equipment because they have used it before that why it's a mystery roh doesn't use it every show
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

briscoes/god for a tv taping again? mmm i dont think so.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:28 pm briscoes/god for a tv taping again? mmm i dont think so.
The whole idea is kind of silly when you consider that the kayfabe reasoning for doing the Chicago match as an HonorClub exclusive was because it would be "too violent for TV." If they thought a regular match would be "too violent for TV" then how could they not think the same thing about a no DQs match?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

personally I have not read that they have said the date of the match yet.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

With Shane Taylor and Matt Taven in your leading singles title defenses, you might really need a beefy semi-main to make the card pop. It's weird seeing the confirmed and semi-confirmed matches and not really knowing which matches are more undercard and which are more upper midcard. I really do like how clear it is that people have either moved up the card or have been introduced to be a formidable player, but I don't know, nothing jumps off the page here, especially if GOD/Briscoes are for Manhattan Mayhem.

Show will probably be good, my guess. Pressure is really on for Cobb and Taven to deliver, both have made it clear that they can recently, but it wasn't too long ago that people couldn't tell you a top match for either wrestler. Here's to them continuing to raise expectations and pulling off their first PPV main event successfully.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Wilson wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:14 pm With Shane Taylor and Matt Taven in your leading singles title defenses, you might really need a beefy semi-main to make the card pop. It's weird seeing the confirmed and semi-confirmed matches and not really knowing which matches are more undercard and which are more upper midcard. I really do like how clear it is that people have either moved up the card or have been introduced to be a formidable player, but I don't know, nothing jumps off the page here, especially if GOD/Briscoes are for Manhattan Mayhem.
This is a good point. Makes it even stranger they are dragging Castle/RUSH out so long.

Also, if they aren't doing GOD/Briscoes, are we going to have to watch GOD/Bouncers and/or Briscoes/Cabana&Aldis at the PPV?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

we need to wait the official announcement for god vs briscoes.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so no god/ briscoes for bitw...apologies to alex

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BRISCOES VS GOD SET FOR NEW YORK CITY...a shame it is a tv taping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... wt2KT9NxuQ
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

GOD is in Australia for NJPW on BITW weekend, that's why it wasn't booked here.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

It's possible the tag match is made as an Honor Club exclusive again.