Best In The World 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Thelone

Re: Best In The World 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by Thelone »

I don't know about FF and FftF, but I can see DON and All Out (the G1 Supercard also to a lesser extent) hurting the Dallas show. There is a lot of overlap (right now anyway) between the NJPW and AEW fans and they can't go to every show, so choices have to be made at some point.

Right now, AEW sure doesn't have a problem selling out PPV-level events in big towns, but that's already an issue with smaller shows in smaller markets. Not that selling 4-5K tickets is bad or anything, but the hype will die down at some point and they'll have to draw on their own merits, which could become an uphill battle judging by what I've seen so far.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Comparison between Impact Slammiversary and ROH BITW: At press time, the early estimates of television PPV buys is 1,500. The number is just about identical with that of ROH’s Best in the World show (currently estimated at 1,400 at press time) on 6/28. Counting in buys over the last week for the ROH show, the numbers between the two are so close that in one major cable conglomerate, there were actually only six buys separating the two shows. The big difference is most of the ROH viewership is on its subscription streaming service so you get a better price point, while Impact is all either television PPV or Fite TV, both at the same price, meaning the bulk of viewership would be television PPV.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

One of the reports i heard said the 1400/1500 PPV buys each company did, doesn't include Honorclub/Impact Plus streams.... Thus expected ROH had more Honorclub views. Take it for what you will. Either way, ROH seems on par with Impact and MLW now.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:06 am One of the reports i heard said the 1400/1500 PPV buys each company did, doesn't include Honorclub/Impact Plus streams.... Thus expected ROH had more Honorclub views. Take it for what you will. Either way, ROH seems on par with Impact and MLW now.
Impact Plus did not carry the PPV. It could only be streamed on Fite.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Right...my mistake. How i understood the PPV buys report of around 1500 each for for the TV PPV's... thus NOT HonorClub vs. Fite streaming views. SO it is likely Honorclub had more views, since it's part of the VIP subscription model.