Best In The World 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Best In The World 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by AlexROH »

They aren't selling tickets, attendance is gonna look SUPER BAD.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I wish I lived In Baltimore...this card looks solid on paper.
interprime

Post by interprime »

Going to the show on Friday. Card looks strong. Colt pulling out sucks, but all in all, it's shaping up to be a pretty decent looking show.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

interprime wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:14 am Going to the show on Friday. Card looks strong. Colt pulling out sucks, but all in all, it's shaping up to be a pretty decent looking show.
Thanks for grabbing tickets! Very excited about the card.

We tend to do good walk up sales in Baltimore because we have good TV and print coverage of our events day of. There are some really good seats available right this second. But Baltimore is always loud and into the action. My favorite crowd I've called matches in, even more than All In and the Garden, which were special, was last year's BITW.

BTW - if you're looking to get tickets to Philly, get them now. Once we started announcing matches, they started moving and it will sell out. There was even some new seats made available, as some front rows showed up briefly...
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Per PCO vía The Wrestling Estate:
At Scurll’s request, PCO and Destro have redesigned the title belts and will unveil them at Best in the World.

“We’re going into this event like we never have before,” PCO says. “We always put in 125% of our efforts, but this time there will be a special twist, a special touch that we’ve been working on for a while. All the elements are there for a great match.”
New ROH Six Man Titles design comming this Friday night.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:45 am
New ROH Six Man Titles design comming this Friday night.
The f*cking things aren't even three years old! They shouldn't need new belts! Spend your money where it helps the promotion.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

Calling it, Maria Manic will be the new Villain Enterprises member
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Won't this actually be the third design for the trios titles? I believe they redid them before whenever they introduced the other current belts.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:43 pm Won't this actually be the third design for the trios titles? I believe they redid them before whenever they introduced the other current belts.
Huh. It actually is, because of that lawsuit from last year.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:56 pm not good so far...

Some progress made near ringside, especially near the box opposite the ramp (maybe conveniently so), but large parts seem nearly the same as of two weeks ago. Hundreds of tickets still available.

EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Tonight is an important night for ROH, so here’s hoping they’ve learned from some of the missteps lately and hit it out of the park. It is a really good card on paper, better line up in my opinion than the competition’s show tomorrow. Rush vs Flip has the chance to be a marquee match, and more people will be watching that than the rest of the show, so it needs to be what defines “ROH”.

This has the potential to be a great show. I assume Taven keeps the belt, but hopefully if Cobb wins, Taven at least has some “conspiracy “ to claim, like a double count out that gets restarted.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

By Kevin Eck

Here’s the latest ROH news and notes:

In addition to revealing their new title belts, expect Villain Enterprises to also reveal their fourth member in Baltimore.

It seems a lot of fans have a pretty good idea of who is behind the “Maneater” video that surfaced recently on social media. I have it on good authority that the person in question is likely to make their presence felt in Baltimore and at the Best in the World international television taping Saturday in Philadelphia.

In case you missed it, NWA Worlds Champion Nick Aldis announced that the mystery man who will team with him in place of the injured Colt Cabana against the Briscoes in a grudge tag match on the Best in the World pay-per-view just signed a contract with the NWA. I’ve learned that Aldis’ partner is a former world champion. His identity will be revealed during the Best in the World pre-show

Popular backstage correspondent Quinn McKay will be conducting interviews in Baltimore and Philadelphia.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:33 am
monster mafia wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:56 pm not good so far...

Some progress made near ringside, especially near the box opposite the ramp (maybe conveniently so), but large parts seem nearly the same as of two weeks ago. Hundreds of tickets still available.

They didn't sale anything, it was just moved. Look at this photo from Cary's Twitter

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Woof! I was alluding to them maybe papering off that section so it wouldn't come off bad on TV. Looks like heavily discounted tickets are being offered now.

Marty also just posted the new six-man titles:
https://twitter.com/MartyScurll/status/ ... 6527093761
Montana

Post by Montana »

Anyone know how this pre-show works?!? According to ROH it looks like the shows starts at 8EST, but the preshow starts at 830EST ?!? I've got honorclub, so i'll just watch from there, but that was a bit confusing. (Edit: Looks like 830EST is the preshow, and the main PPV starts at 9EST.... so not 8)

As far as the crowd goes, i assume that pic is from over 2 hour before the main show starts if thats 9EST....thus the doors just opened. Ian has already said they do really good walk up sales. They already sold 700+ tickets, so they'll probably get a bit over 1,000 sold. The crowd/atmosphere will be fine imo. Guess we will see. They do run Baltimore a lot.

I'm pretty hyped for tonight show. Great top to bottom lineup and ROH has something to prove.
Last edited by Montana on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:10 pm Woof! I was alluding to them maybe papering off that section so it wouldn't come off bad on TV. Looks like heavily discounted tickets are being offered now.

Well... heavily discounted makes you more money than free, right?
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Alienate the fans with the same shitty booking year after year while letting talent walk year after year. The crash was coming, now it's here. Coming from someone who has literally been called the biggest ROH apologist this is just sad. ~JS
Captain Podcast
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:25 pm
Wilson wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:10 pm Woof! I was alluding to them maybe papering off that section so it wouldn't come off bad on TV. Looks like heavily discounted tickets are being offered now.
Well... heavily discounted makes you more money than free, right?
It's just really strange that we're already in "cheaper than a movie ticket" territory for decent seats. Hope it doesn't affect the show too, too much.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

TNA! TNA! TNA!

I mean, who could have seen that coming?
Montana wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:21 pmAs far as the crowd goes, i assume that pic is from over 2 hour before the main show starts if thats 9EST....thus the doors just opened. Ian has already said they do really good walk up sales. They already sold 700+ tickets, so they'll probably get a bit over 1,000 sold. The crowd/atmosphere will be fine imo. Guess we will see. They do run Baltimore a lot.
It's still incredibly bad. Brest in the World (no one will get that reference) is basically ROH's Summerslam and it'll look like those TNA house shows from a few years ago with a thousand people in a much bigger (sorry, cavernous) arena.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Montana

Post by Montana »

anyone else honor club isn't working?