Bully Ray Allegedly Shouts Down a Fan Backstage

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Bully Ray Allegedly Shouts Down a Fan Backstage

Post by supersonic »

Last edited by supersonic on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhads7161

Re: Mark LoMonaco (Bubba) accused of being a piece of shit

Post by dhads7161 »

Lol he called the Allure the Tramp Stamp Trio
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Such a weird thread on Twitter. Some people calling to quit supporting ROH. Others pointing out things the guy was saying and doing towards the Allure that must have made them uncomfortable. Still not a good look to pull a fan backstage and have them feel intimidated, on purpose or not.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

When there’s so many great companies out, companies that are way better than ROH... ROH definitely doesn’t need to be taking its fans backstage to scare them. Lol.

What a joke. This company never ceases to amaze me. I can almost guarantee there’ll be no public acknowledgement of this and no apology.

Any comment, Ian?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:07 am When there’s so many great companies out, companies that are way better than ROH... ROH definitely doesn’t need to be taking its fans backstage to scare them. Lol.

What a joke. This company never ceases to amaze me. I can almost guarantee there’ll be no public acknowledgement of this and no apology.

Any comment, Ian?
Ian may be a public figure for ROH, but he’s not Bully’s boss. We should get a comment from Joe Koff, instead.

But yeah, shitty situation here, if true. I definitely agree with your first paragraph for sure. They’re doing nothing to keep even me interested, and this stuff right here certainly doesn’t help.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

this is bad ...wow.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The Mandy thing worries me more than what Bully Ray did as that could have led anywhere. Plus spitting on people is just so low class I would be ashamed of myself if I ever did it. Why did she do it, has Mandy ever had a history of doing this, if not then maybe there is a reason.

Do I think Bully Ray should have done this no, not at all, he didn't even have to considering what he said to the guy, he could have just done it in public, he didn't beat the shit out of the guy and in the end the guy got to go back to his seat.

We are also only getting his account, you know he may well have gone too far with what he said especially towards a woman. I think the Allure know they are going to shit said to them they are asking for it, but there are levels that they themselves as people might deem not appropriate. His twitter history also shows that he hasn't exactly be one to leave them alone.

Are we saying that everything is fair game to us as fans and there shouldn't be any consequences, wrestlers are having to work in a PC environment do we as fans have a responsbility to do that too?. The irony is you had fans complaining that the insults shouted back to people mentioning their possible unlikely virginity and this is way below the standards of insults and should do better, but aparently calling someone a whore is fine......
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Nevermind that The Allure are heels and Sky and Love have a longtime gimmick as a pair of strippers/prostitutes. I could see it being an issue if he was heckling Kelly Klein like this but heels? No way. Maybe the comment about her personal relationship with Bully that's not part of her kayfabe was out of line. But calling them tramps in regards to their gimmick I don't see the issue.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I reread the tweets and the one about Velvet from the night before and yeah, I don't think he needed to be taken to the back by security and Bully should not have gotten involved. I will say that having stood next to Bully and he would be intimidating saying hello to someone let alone asking if there was a problem. Still, it's not his place to get involved if ROH or security felt a fan had gone too far.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:00 am Such a weird thread on Twitter.
Sadly, at this point, nothing said on Twitter surprises me.
kovs27 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:00 am Some people calling to quit supporting ROH. Others pointing out things the guy was saying and doing towards the Allure that must have made them uncomfortable. Still not a good look to pull a fan backstage and have them feel intimidated, on purpose or not.
It definitely reflects poorly on ROH. Granted, we only have his word so far about what he said, but other fans should be able to back him up if he's telling the truth. And if he is telling the truth, then the idea of him being pulled backstage for any of that is insane. The only thing there even close to bad is "tramp-stamp trio," but if we're pulling people backstage for THAT...

And even if someone objected to "tramp-stamp trio" Velvet calling the guy a virgin is an equally negative social stigma, so at best it's a wash. The fact that two of the three offended wrestlers are dating people heavily involved in the booking makes this look worse for ROH, and the fact that one of them did the alleged intimidating himself makes it look even worse than that.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ring of Honor General Manager Greg Gilleland said that Ring of Honor will be conducting an “internal review.”

ROH has always taken fan-first approach, with fan experience being at the forefront of all of our live events. We consider this to be very serious and will be conducting an internal review over the next 48 hours to determine the appropriate actions.
Wilson

Re: Bully Ray Allegedly Shouts Down a Fan Backstage

Post by Wilson »

For whatever reason, I am not that stirred by this story. Of course this story could be fabricated (or minimized in the case of his inflammatory behavior), I am pretty sure fan in question has done stunts/things purposely to go viral, but it's a scenario I can see happening. Bully seems like a very confrontational person on interviews, someone I wouldn't want to approach ever and not someone I would want to be my boss. I can definitely see cases where someone is excoriated for borderline behavior, but it's best that a national company doesn't use one of "the boys" to sic a fan down. I also hope it's not lost on anyone that Bully Ray of all people would feel the need to rebuke someone over profanity or provocation. Totally bizarre.

Internal reviews are notoriously opaque. Would be surprised to see anything meaningful come out of it.

Also please don't ask for Ian's comments here. Social media is a great place to directly address your issues with people that can be held accountable, who in this case is not Ian.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Im sure everyone has a opinion on this, but the fact is the guy acted up enough for them to tell security to pull the guy out the crowd. If this was WWE, he would have been ejected/arrested. The guy is probably pretty lucky bully ray kept his cool, and told him to be more respectful.

Kind of sad, society has gotten to this... bitching on twitter. This reminds me a lot of people disrespecting the police, for doing their job. Also sadly, this is the most publicity since the Enzo/Cass debacle.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:34 am Ring of Honor General Manager Greg Gilleland said that Ring of Honor will be conducting an “internal review.”

ROH has always taken fan-first approach, with fan experience being at the forefront of all of our live events. We consider this to be very serious and will be conducting an internal review over the next 48 hours to determine the appropriate actions.
LOL
Captain Podcast
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Hello everyone. We had a really fun PNW tour. We went to the MoPop Museum, the Space Needle, first Starbucks, Pike Place, saw the Capitol building in Olympia, saw tons of Portland including Voodoo Donuts, and more.

I've now been to 43 states - Washington was 42 and Oregon 43. Many of us were thrilled to be in a new market with energized wrestling fans.

With that said, I am completely unaware of any of the allegations beyond what folks are posted online. I hope everything turns out OK.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 am For whatever reason, I am not that stirred by this story. Of course this story could be fabricated (or minimized in the case of his inflammatory behavior), I am pretty sure fan in question has done stunts/things purposely to go viral, but it's a scenario I can see happening. Bully seems like a very confrontational person on interviews, someone I wouldn't want to approach ever and not someone I would want to be my boss. I can definitely see cases where someone is excoriated for borderline behavior, but it's best that a national company doesn't use one of "the boys" to sic a fan down. I also hope it's not lost on anyone that Bully Ray of all people would feel the need to rebuke someone over profanity or provocation. Totally bizarre.

Internal reviews are notoriously opaque. Would be surprised to see anything meaningful come out of it.

Also please don't ask for Ian's comments here. Social media is a great place to directly address your issues with people that can be held accountable, who in this case is not Ian.
The extreme oddness of the way this was handled by ROH (as opposed to just kicking the guy out, which they warn you they can do right before ever show) suggests to me that someone calling the shots backstage was making poor decisions, so I think the possibility that this guy is telling the truth and that someone backstage way overreacted to his heckling of the heels should be taken quite seriously.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:48 pm
monster mafia wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:34 am Ring of Honor General Manager Greg Gilleland said that Ring of Honor will be conducting an “internal review.”

LOL
?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

bully statement

BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

So both statements are out and it’s really up too who you want to believe.

Personally It sounds like this guy was a complete idiot went too far by the standards of Mandy etc. Probably came back to the dressing room upset, Bully hears/Sees it is pissed but wants to deal with this in way that the guys knows how serious it is and not to do it again but without any physical harm.

It’s all just really stupid from everyone’s part in this. I think the best thing to do is for ROH to suspend him and remove Bully from all future live events and just keep him a creative role.

I think a lot of the opinion is based on feelings towards Bully Ray and how he is/seems in real life. A lot of the energy will be focused from fans on wanting him away from ROH. The same can be said for ROH too, it’s all very “well it’s ROH i would expect that from them” instead of actually taking in all the facts and judging impartially.

I’ve heard of hundred stories like this from years past and people don’t bat eye or laugh it off because it was back in the day. The sounding off on all of this just feels a huge amount of wasted energy on both sides.