Bully Ray Allegedly Shouts Down a Fan Backstage

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: Bully Ray Allegedly Shouts Down a Fan Backstage

Post by supersonic »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:15 pm Obviously not able to cite names but I spoke to a couple talents today that feel as if Bubba should be fired and if Mandy spit regardless of fan comments she also should be fired. One key quote was "don't put the fans over, they paid to see you." The other quote I wanted to add was "if we booked respectable women's wrestler's instead of spit swappers this company wouldn't be playing catch up, all the time."
Bubba is the women’s booker, right?
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 am
Captain_44 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:17 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:15 pm Obviously not able to cite names but I spoke to a couple talents today that feel as if Bubba should be fired and if Mandy spit regardless of fan comments she also should be fired. One key quote was "don't put the fans over, they paid to see you." The other quote I wanted to add was "if we booked respectable women's wrestler's instead of spit swappers this company wouldn't be playing catch up, all the time."
This needs to be done, but I get the feeling it won't. I think that if Hunter pulled the fan to the back, he needs to go, and of course Bubba and Mandy need to go. But, I get the feeling nothing short of a "suspension" will be done.

I can’t imagine anything is done, ever.
The guy saying Delirious pulled him backstage is absolutely ridiculous and killed some of his credibility.

1. Velvet confirmed it wasn’t Delirious but Brian Johnson who look nothing alike

2. Delirious is one of the most secretive masked wrestlers ever, only one photo exists without his mask. He’s going to leave production and go into the crowd to grab a fan on Bully’s request unmasked?
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

YimYac wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:47 am
Captain_44 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:17 pm

This needs to be done, but I get the feeling it won't. I think that if Hunter pulled the fan to the back, he needs to go, and of course Bubba and Mandy need to go. But, I get the feeling nothing short of a "suspension" will be done.

The guy saying Delirious pulled him backstage is absolutely ridiculous and killed some of his credibility.

1. Velvet confirmed it wasn’t Delirious but Brian Johnson who look nothing alike

2. Delirious is one of the most secretive masked wrestlers ever, only one photo exists without his mask. He’s going to leave production and go into the crowd to grab a fan on Bully’s request unmasked?
Brian at one point did look like Delirious with the big beard and bald head.

I've seen the guy without he mask a lot. Saying he's one of the most secretive ever is rather a stretch. Clearly the fan didn't know who was grabbing him and tried to grab more attention intentionally or unintentionally. That doesn't take away from the fact he was taken to the back and accosted by "management." The mere fact he was taken to the back at the command of bubba is grounds for firing.
supersonic wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 am
Bubba is the women’s booker, right?
I don't think he's specifically assigned to that area, outside talent comes from Todd Sinclair last I knew. Bubba is overall creative with Joey and Delirious.
Captain Podcast
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:21 pm
YimYac wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:47 am

Brian at one point did look like Delirious with the big beard and bald head.

I've seen the guy without he mask a lot. Saying he's one of the most secretive ever is rather a stretch. Clearly the fan didn't know who was grabbing him and tried to grab more attention intentionally or unintentionally. That doesn't take away from the fact he was taken to the back and accosted by "management." The mere fact he was taken to the back at the command of bubba is grounds for firing.

I’ve never seen Brian Johnson in any of his ROH matches with a long straightened beard but if you can find a photo I’d like to see it.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

I’ve never seen Brian Johnson in any of his ROH matches with a long straightened beard but if you can find a photo I’d like to see it
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

I literally cannot speak for any of this. I was in the arena, looking at a monitor all night. But, I have the executive producer in my headset and had him in there during when things are have said to have occurred so I sincerely doubt that he was able to be in two places, a full building's length apart at the same time.

That is all.
AnHonorableMention

YimYac wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:35 pm I’ve never seen Brian Johnson in any of his ROH matches with a long straightened beard but if you can find a photo I’d like to see it
If you can find pics from the Enzo and cass stuff there ya go. He was involved there
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

IanRiccaboni wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:23 am I literally cannot speak for any of this. I was in the arena, looking at a monitor all night. But, I have the executive producer in my headset and had him in there during when things are have said to have occurred so I sincerely doubt that he was able to be in two places, a full building's length apart at the same time.

That is all.

Yeah that’s the one thing we can pinpoint as complete nonsense
Captain Podcast
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

DieHard wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:02 am WTF happend to this company. Pathetic.
Putting smiles on people's face... No wait, that's the wrong promotion.

Who knew an egomaniac asshole like Bully Ray was going to be a terrible backstage personality and horrendous creative mind? If only they were some signs that he was going to be that way, like his last two years in TNA that were trash and they kept him (and Sky at the end) on top until literally the last day.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

I don't think anyone who plays (or recently played) an in-ring or on-screen role should interact with the fans as security or representative of the promotion. How shall a fan know whether it's real or part of the show?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Thelone wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:19 pm

Who knew an egomaniac asshole like Bully Ray was going to be a terrible backstage personality and horrendous creative mind? If only they were some signs that he was going to be that way, like his last two years in TNA that were trash and they kept him (and Sky at the end) on top until literally the last day.
THIS!
I have never understood the love people seemed to have for this run of TNA, and especially Bully's role in it. Bully Ray is a one-note character so dull he named himself "Bully." That right there should have been a warning sign that this guy is not the most creative person.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Duke of Bridgewater wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:28 pm I don't think anyone who plays (or recently played) an in-ring or on-screen role should interact with the fans as security or representative of the promotion. How shall a fan know whether it's real or part of the show?
That's the thing though : if this guy was being obnoxious and a jerk, he should just have been ejected by security; if he was a plant and that was part of the show, he obviously wouldn't be bitching on Twitter about being terrorized backstage because it makes no sense in the story.

The sad part is that I can definitely see this being some stupid worked shoot garbage as a desperate plea for attention and buzz. Of course it's the kind of attention and buzz you don't want, but this is the same """creative""" team who brought Enzo and Cass at their biggest show ever and thought it was a smart move, and this fan seems like the kind of guy who would agree to such a ridiculous plan because "he's be a part of the show".
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

Like I said before. Nothing will be done, they're just waiting for it to blow over.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Big Red Machine wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 am

THIS!
I have never understood the love people seemed to have for this run of TNA, and especially Bully's role in it. Bully Ray is a one-note character so dull he named himself "Bully." That right there should have been a warning sign that this guy is not the most creative person.
Am I the only one who likes Bully Ray, at least the character? I've always found him to be one of the best talkers in the business, and he's a lot of fun on the Busted Open radio show.
AnHonorableMention

Reaper G wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:11 pm

THIS!
Am I the only one who likes Bully Ray, at least the character? I've always found him to be one of the best talkers in the business, and he's a lot of fun on the Busted Open radio show.
Yeah pretty sure you're the only one. That guy also got the busted open gig by lying his way into that spot resulting in Larry Dallas being fired. Calling him one of the best talkers in the business is a significant exaggeration from my view.
Captain Podcast
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:06 pm
THIS!
Yeah pretty sure you're the only one. That guy also got the busted open gig by lying his way into that spot resulting in Larry Dallas being fired. Calling him one of the best talkers in the business is a significant exaggeration from my view.
I never heard why Larry Dallas was axed, other than management wanted to take the show in a new direction, whatever that means. But yes, I do enjoy Bully's analysis and better booking ideas than WWE Creative is giving us (and his impression of Dave LaGreca's wife will never not make me laugh). And I had my opinion of him on the mic well before BO or ROH. But hey, to each their own.
AnHonorableMention

Reaper G wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:17 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:06 pm

I never heard why Larry Dallas was axed, other than management wanted to take the show in a new direction, whatever that means. But yes, I do enjoy Bully's analysis and better booking ideas than WWE Creative is giving us (and his impression of Dave LaGreca's wife will never not make me laugh). And I had my opinion of him on the mic well before BO or ROH. But hey, to each their own.
"management wanted to take the show in a new direction" that's a curious statement considering Larry signed a 2 year deal and had been pitched a second show with Mark Henry 48 hours before he was fired because Bully Ray chose to lie to the people in charge of the station. Dude is a piece of shit. People like Dave and Mark went to bat for Larry, but alas Bubba got his way just like he did swindling power from Delirious.
Captain Podcast
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

Told you, nothing would come from this and nothing would be done.
AnHonorableMention

One thing to clarify, the student who was said to be Brian Johnson was Ken Dixon. Long story as to how I was confused but I'd like to apologize to Brian and the board. Ken Dixon is the Delirious looking guy who kidnapped the guy to the back.
Captain Podcast
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

I said it for weeks, and since this story broke on here. Nothing would be done, and nothing has been done, and nothing will.