Bully Ray Allegedly Shouts Down a Fan Backstage

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Bully Ray Allegedly Shouts Down a Fan Backstage

Post by AnHonorableMention »

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:55 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:35 am
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:47 pm

I think we have to some degree, I’m all for being creative and trying to get a rise out of a wrestler but there is a way to do it like you say. Fans need to stop trying to get yourself over as an individual, yeah go Bananas but seriously think before when you say something, character or not wrestlers are still people in the ring and I imagine they can hear some shit which is really offensive and nothing is ever made of it.

Also I don’t really get why people are bringing up what he said as a wrestler to other fans. Him as a wrestler has nothing to do with this, I’m sure he knew half the shit he said was overboard and would never say anything like that in public. This became a personal issue for him, wrongly by the way, and then was handled in just a completely stupid way.

Just on streamer guy I think he himself goes to the extreme level of passion but I know he wouldn’t do anything or say anything too stupid he’s just has a complete love for ROH and that’s awesome too me, and watching live he gets other people going too, honestly I’d rather have a huge crowed of people like him compared to guy trying to make others laugh and get himself ‘over’ for saying insulting shit and not really watching the match.

If after all of this, Bully and Mandy are gone, which there should be a real possibility of, i’m not going to shed one tear but man what a way to go.
In reference to streamer guy, I have a big problem with a fan making the show about himself. He bought his ticket like everyone else. Don’t wear a shirt with your name on it and take attention away from the wrestlers. He’s a nice guy but his approach is all wrong.

Bubba isn’t going anywhere and neither is anyone else, involved or on the outside. ROH has no alternative planning. They are run by a narrow minded company and that trickles down to the wrestling side sadly.
Yeah he can be too much and sometimes I say to myself can you shut up for a minute, but he does tend to get the crowd up and going which for whatever needs a nucleur bomb at times crowds feel so stupid to the action going on in front of them. By the way when did crowds forget how to be crowds and take wrestlers ques when to clap etc, being a fan looks like it's starting to become a lose art.

Definitely agreed!
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

My only issue with Streamer Guy is if you get stuck sitting behind him. He stands for way too much of the show and you can't see. Otherwise seems like a good dude and like BurningHammer previously mentioned does an excellent job in making sure the crowd gets involved.
AnHonorableMention

kovs27 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:15 pm My only issue with Streamer Guy is if you get stuck sitting behind him. He stands for way too much of the show and you can't see. Otherwise seems like a good dude and like BurningHammer previously mentioned does an excellent job in making sure the crowd gets involved.
Again, not his job to get the crowd involved. That's on the wrestlers and booking team to get the fans to do so automatically.
Captain Podcast
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Everyone involved in this are just fucking stupid. Not a God damn brain in anyone's head.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:15 pm My only issue with Streamer Guy is if you get stuck sitting behind him. He stands for way too much of the show and you can't see. Otherwise seems like a good dude and like BurningHammer previously mentioned does an excellent job in making sure the crowd gets involved.
MSG staff tried to confiscate his streamers at G1 Supercard.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I just started watching the Portland show, and the first thing we see is Bully Ray shouting at fans, including telling one "is that you're wife? You have to roll over and look at that every morning?"

So tell me again why someone saying basically the exact same thing to Bully's girlfriend is in any way different?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:59 am I just started watching the Portland show, and the first thing we see is Bully Ray shouting at fans, including telling one "is that you're wife? You have to roll over and look at that every morning?"

So tell me again why someone saying basically the exact same thing to Bully's girlfriend is in any way different?
It really depends what was actually said to Bully's wife and if the fans account is the actual true version and he hasn't left anything out. If everything that has been said is true there isn't much difference in terms of actually what was said. There is also the repeated nature of supposedly what this fan did, he was there both nights saying stuff and then supposedly did something that went way overboard.

Even with all that and I think this is again something that tends to be lost is that there is a difference between the wrestlers and us as fans or at least there should be, to me the wrestlers should be in control, there the ones that should be making us angry, wanting to kill them for what they are saying doing etc and I don't believe we as fans have the right to say anything we want too, because quite often we don't think about what we are saying or we are drunk etc.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:59 am I just started watching the Portland show, and the first thing we see is Bully Ray shouting at fans, including telling one "is that you're wife? You have to roll over and look at that every morning?"

It really depends what was actually said to Bully's wife and if the fans account is the actual true version and he hasn't left anything out. If everything that has been said is true there isn't much difference in terms of actually what was said. There is also the repeated nature of supposedly what this fan did, he was there both nights saying stuff and then supposedly did something that went way overboard.
I'm not discounting the possibility that this fans is lying. Based off of everything people have said, he seems to have- at the very least- omitted the fact that he made a jerking off motion at The Allure. My best guess is that this is a point of misunderstanding between the parties. Many fans have made jerk-off motions at heels before, and it is interpreted as meaning "I am calling you a jerk-off" rather than "I want to jerk off on you." Of course, this gesture is normally made at male wrestlers, so I think it's easy to see how in this fans' mind that was merely "heckling the heels," others might have thought it crossed a line.

That being said, it strikes me as odd that most of the reports from people who claim to have been there who corroborate this fan's version of events are heavy on details, while people who say he was being excessive or rude either here or at other points during the show (as well as the accounts from Bubba and The Allure) have all been couched in ambiguity. It's all "degrading women" this and "disrespectful" that. If the guy said something that terrible, just tell us what he said. If it was really so terrible, most people will probably agree with you. And that is not happening. The only things this guy has allegedly said- both from his own story and by others taking his side- is that he used the phrase "tramp-stamp trio" and that he made fun of Velvet for having sex with Bully Ray, and those accounts all agree that those statements both occurred after he was pie-faced, spat on, and called a "bitch" a "pussy" and a "virgin." According to the only accounts willing to go into detail, he was not the first one to bring up anything sexual (or, for that matter, use an insult that inherently degrades women), and especially coming after Bubba's earlier statement to a fan, it's REALLY hard for ROH to not look bad here.

And even if he did say a lot more than he claims, I don't think it's disputable that taking someone backstage rather than just kicking him out was the wrong thing to do.
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 pm Even with all that and I think this is again something that tends to be lost is that there is a difference between the wrestlers and us as fans or at least there should be, to me the wrestlers should be in control, there the ones that should be making us angry, wanting to kill them for what they are saying doing etc and I don't believe we as fans have the right to say anything we want too, because quite often we don't think about what we are saying or we are drunk etc.
I don't think fans have the right to say anything they want to, either, but I think that if a wrestler goes in a certain direction with an insult, a fan should be able to fire back along the same lines.
AnHonorableMention

We're now 4 days into this investigation and absolutely nothing has been done. I'll guarantee this goes away very quietly with no fanfare.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ROH has issued a new statement in regard to the incident involving Bully Ray and a fan.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/11 ... 5481999360
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:06 pm ROH has issued a new statement in regard to the incident involving Bully Ray and a fan.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/11 ... 5481999360
Shocked anything was said but this will go nowhere. Unless Bubba and Leon are fired this is falling short of the standard of what ROH has built since Cary SIlkin took over. Also props to Colt Cabana for shouting out Josh on his podcast this week.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Hopefully everything that is being said actually happens and nothing like this happens again. That is the main thing that should come out of all this and maybe it actually focuses ROH on their own professionalism.

Also, I would hope we do see something happen a suspension is at least warranted for both and is perfectly acceptable for any company.

The fact that have made a statement and owned it this far is an improvement on previous things.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:19 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 pm

I'm not discounting the possibility that this fans is lying. Based off of everything people have said, he seems to have- at the very least- omitted the fact that he made a jerking off motion at The Allure. My best guess is that this is a point of misunderstanding between the parties. Many fans have made jerk-off motions at heels before, and it is interpreted as meaning "I am calling you a jerk-off" rather than "I want to jerk off on you." Of course, this gesture is normally made at male wrestlers, so I think it's easy to see how in this fans' mind that was merely "heckling the heels," others might have thought it crossed a line.

That being said, it strikes me as odd that most of the reports from people who claim to have been there who corroborate this fan's version of events are heavy on details, while people who say he was being excessive or rude either here or at other points during the show (as well as the accounts from Bubba and The Allure) have all been couched in ambiguity. It's all "degrading women" this and "disrespectful" that. If the guy said something that terrible, just tell us what he said. If it was really so terrible, most people will probably agree with you. And that is not happening. The only things this guy has allegedly said- both from his own story and by others taking his side- is that he used the phrase "tramp-stamp trio" and that he made fun of Velvet for having sex with Bully Ray, and those accounts all agree that those statements both occurred after he was pie-faced, spat on, and called a "bitch" a "pussy" and a "virgin." According to the only accounts willing to go into detail, he was not the first one to bring up anything sexual (or, for that matter, use an insult that inherently degrades women), and especially coming after Bubba's earlier statement to a fan, it's REALLY hard for ROH to not look bad here.

And even if he did say a lot more than he claims, I don't think it's disputable that taking someone backstage rather than just kicking him out was the wrong thing to do.
Oh ROH looks terrible from the point of view that it obviously has/had no control over this situation, a higher up used his influence without supposedly others knowing about it, that should never even be allowed and I hope is one reason why we could see something happen here because someone went way off base and did something on his own without permission, and I’m talking Greg, Koff permission.
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 pm Even with all that and I think this is again something that tends to be lost is that there is a difference between the wrestlers and us as fans or at least there should be, to me the wrestlers should be in control, there the ones that should be making us angry, wanting to kill them for what they are saying doing etc and I don't believe we as fans have the right to say anything we want too, because quite often we don't think about what we are saying or we are drunk etc.
Big Red Machine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:19 pm I don't think fans have the right to say anything they want to, either, but I think that if a wrestler goes in a certain direction with an insult, a fan should be able to fire back along the same lines.
Yeah a fan of course should be able to fire back and if everything he said was true I don’t really think he went over the line and they could have mused sassed him and waved him off.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

I'm just wondering, since it's discussed whether the fan should have been ejected or not, and what would happen in WWE:

What is the legal background of ejecting someone from a show for which he bought a ticket? After all, there is a contract with him that the wrestling promoter has to fulfil. And if there isn't a clause in the contract forbidding him to shout or gesture in a certain way, he did not break it.

Also, isn't ejecting someone only the right of the owner of the building (or the people he put in charge), not of the performers? I mean, if you are rude to the singer in a bar, the owner or his bouncer may throw you out, but not the roadie of the band.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

As funny as the "Welcome to Ring of Honor" introduction is it does ask us to refrain from using coarse language and gestures.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

By the way does anyone have the audio of the ground rules introduction?
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

I guess what counts as "coarse language and gestures" is in the eye of the beholder. What seems highly inappropriate in one environment looks normal in another. And this environment is set by the people in the ring and on the microphone.

And why does Bully Ray, of all people, think that he is entitled to judge?
https://youtu.be/alSi41dhHC8
AnHonorableMention

Obviously not able to cite names but I spoke to a couple talents today that feel as if Bubba should be fired and if Mandy spit regardless of fan comments she also should be fired. One key quote was "don't put the fans over, they paid to see you." The other quote I wanted to add was "if we booked respectable women's wrestler's instead of spit swappers this company wouldn't be playing catch up, all the time."
Captain Podcast
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:15 pm Obviously not able to cite names but I spoke to a couple talents today that feel as if Bubba should be fired and if Mandy spit regardless of fan comments she also should be fired. One key quote was "don't put the fans over, they paid to see you." The other quote I wanted to add was "if we booked respectable women's wrestler's instead of spit swappers this company wouldn't be playing catch up, all the time."
This needs to be done, but I get the feeling it won't. I think that if Hunter pulled the fan to the back, he needs to go, and of course Bubba and Mandy need to go. But, I get the feeling nothing short of a "suspension" will be done.
AnHonorableMention

Captain_44 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:17 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:15 pm Obviously not able to cite names but I spoke to a couple talents today that feel as if Bubba should be fired and if Mandy spit regardless of fan comments she also should be fired. One key quote was "don't put the fans over, they paid to see you." The other quote I wanted to add was "if we booked respectable women's wrestler's instead of spit swappers this company wouldn't be playing catch up, all the time."
This needs to be done, but I get the feeling it won't. I think that if Hunter pulled the fan to the back, he needs to go, and of course Bubba and Mandy need to go. But, I get the feeling nothing short of a "suspension" will be done.

I can’t imagine anything is done, ever.
Captain Podcast