Bully Ray Allegedly Shouts Down a Fan Backstage

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: Bully Ray Allegedly Shouts Down a Fan Backstage

Post by kovs27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:13 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:07 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:01 pm

If it's not in the sinclair handbook nobody will stop this practice.
Yeah I can see why that is in someways but if there was a reason to create your own rule book this it. It’s just common sense here as you are taking everyone out of the firing line and honestly just making ROH better by doing it.

I'm referring to their legit employee guidebook and how the company as a whole follows it to a tee. I have never seen a copy but I also wouldn't consider working there. My co-host has seen the book and read it. It's basically their law of the land.
You would have to think it says in the handbook that it's against policy to date a co-worker. That's practically standard for any large corporation.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Captain_44 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:14 pm First, I wasn't there so I don't know what to think. You don't take a fan to the back to tell him to stop mouthing off. If he was out of hand, just tell security to remove him. ROH needs to do something to Bully for this, right or wrong. They need to do something to show they won't tolerate this crap from anyone. Can you imagine in WWE, a fan yelling at Stephanie and that fan being taken to the back and talked to by Triple H? No, wouldn't happen. As for the guy saying, Delirious was the one who brought him to the back. Then Hunter needs to be dealt with too. This is just going to be worse and make ROH look worse, and scream, if you go to a ROH event and boo or say something to one of the bookers girlfriends you'll be taken to the back and given a talking to.
If that’s the takeaway it’s a bad one because said fan could have been really abusive, are we just taking his story of the event as gospel?, personally I think if your not abusive you’ll be fine, as fans we feel we can say any old shit when really we can’t.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:26 pm
Captain_44 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:14 pm First, I wasn't there so I don't know what to think. You don't take a fan to the back to tell him to stop mouthing off. If he was out of hand, just tell security to remove him. ROH needs to do something to Bully for this, right or wrong. They need to do something to show they won't tolerate this crap from anyone. Can you imagine in WWE, a fan yelling at Stephanie and that fan being taken to the back and talked to by Triple H? No, wouldn't happen. As for the guy saying, Delirious was the one who brought him to the back. Then Hunter needs to be dealt with too. This is just going to be worse and make ROH look worse, and scream, if you go to a ROH event and boo or say something to one of the bookers girlfriends you'll be taken to the back and given a talking to.
If that’s the takeaway it’s a bad one because said fan could have been really abusive, are we just taking his story of the event as gospel?, personally I think if your not abusive you’ll be fine, as fans we feel we can say any old shit when really we can’t.
The only comment I've seen from someone who was (or at least claimed to have been) there was a woman who said that Velvet called the guy a "bitch," "pussy" and accused him of being a virgin before he said either the "tramp stamp trio" comment or made the comment about Velvet and Bully.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Yeah I can see why that is in someways but if there was a reason to create your own rule book this it. It’s just common sense here as you are taking everyone out of the firing line and honestly just making ROH better by doing it.

I'm referring to their legit employee guidebook and how the company as a whole follows it to a tee. I have never seen a copy but I also wouldn't consider working there. My co-host has seen the book and read it. It's basically their law of the land.
I know you are and like I said I can understand why it’s Law over there. I’m just saying there needs to very specific rules put in place by ROH themselves.

I think if WWE public traded company I could see Triple H doing a whole lot worse. I think we do need to take into account that this was said persons wife, and honestly if someone did step over the line as a fan towards my wife depending on its severity I probably would want a word. But that’s just me in my personal life and not the weird wrestling bubble

Oh I thought you felt I was joking about the handbook. We're both in agreement about standing up for our wives. I think I'd probably do the same thing but there's a time and place. One place you don't bring a loud mouth fan is the locker room. That's amateur bull shit. At the end of the day, even if Bully is standing up for his significant other, he has to know his role in business, and face the consequences just like you and I would. We all put our pants on the same way, one leg at a time.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

kovs27 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:24 pm

You would have to think it says in the handbook that it's against policy to date a co-worker. That's practically standard for any large corporation.
Most corporations have modernized times and realized employee fraternization is not going to be stopped. Sinclair does not strike me as being a modern corporation.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:31 pm
The only comment I've seen from someone who was (or at least claimed to have been) there was a woman who said that Velvet called the guy a "bitch," "pussy" and accused him of being a virgin before he said either the "tramp stamp trio" comment or made the comment about Velvet and Bully.
That’s the point we have only one maybe two accounts of this. The women in question are coming out and saying there was something really serious in what he said and did, he could have just got caught up in the moment and said something that he had no real idea he was saying, shit like that happens it’s happened with me.

I think What I’m trying to say is that in all of this I don’t think in anyway both sides are innocent.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:33 pm

I know you are and like I said I can understand why it’s Law over there. I’m just saying there needs to very specific rules put in place by ROH themselves.

I think if WWE public traded company I could see Triple H doing a whole lot worse. I think we do need to take into account that this was said persons wife, and honestly if someone did step over the line as a fan towards my wife depending on its severity I probably would want a word. But that’s just me in my personal life and not the weird wrestling bubble

Oh I thought you felt I was joking about the handbook. We're both in agreement about standing up for our wives. I think I'd probably do the same thing but there's a time and place. One place you don't bring a loud mouth fan is the locker room. That's amateur bull shit. At the end of the day, even if Bully is standing up for his significant other, he has to know his role in business, and face the consequences just like you and I would. We all put our pants on the same way, one leg at a time.
Oh no man I realised what you were getting at, I’ve heard about the massive rule book they have.

Yeah I agree he shouldn’t be scapegoated and he needs to face consequences for his actions. I think said fan should also take note and us as fans too, we can say some very very stupid shit at times and we need to know when to stop.

I heard a lot NJPW fans shout show your tits at the allure at the MSG show. I would bet they wouldn’t be saying that to a woman on the street, if they do then wow wrestling fans are a low breed.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:51 pm

That’s the point we have only one maybe two accounts of this. The women in question are coming out and saying there was something really serious in what he said and did, he could have just got caught up in the moment and said something that he had no real idea he was saying, shit like that happens it’s happened with me.

I think What I’m trying to say is that in all of this I don’t think in anyway both sides are innocent.
I'll agree that it's entirely possible that this fan is not being truthful about what he said, but I feel very strongly that taking the person backstage to be talked to by a wrestler is a completely inappropriate way to handle the situation. If he said something that bad, EJECT HIM FROM THE BUILDING.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:56 pm

Oh no man I realised what you were getting at, I’ve heard about the massive rule book they have.

Yeah I agree he shouldn’t be scapegoated and he needs to face consequences for his actions. I think said fan should also take note and us as fans too, we can say some very very stupid shit at times and we need to know when to stop.

I heard a lot NJPW fans shout show your tits at the allure at the MSG show. I would bet they wouldn’t be saying that to a woman on the street, if they do then wow wrestling fans are a low breed.

I think fans have gotten spoiled with what is allowed and how it varies from place to place which does not help at all. I have never been a loud fan sitting front row I've always felt the need to watch the match and take it in, versus being part of it. Chanting, screaming, etc. isn't for me, but I'm pretty vanilla. I think people like the streamer guy have taken things too far and gotten too involved.

Now if you're going to heckle as I do at basketball games, the whole point is to be creative, not crude. There is no avenue for some of the things I've heard at wrestling shows. You'd never hear them anywhere else. I sat front row at MSG and nearly was hit by a flying ladder, dead center of the hard camera. What I heard from people behind me and around me was pretty clean. I can't say that applies to everyone and sadly if I had to bet I'd guess it was the complete opposite.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:21 pm

I'll agree that it's entirely possible that this fan is not being truthful about what he said, but I feel very strongly that taking the person backstage to be talked to by a wrestler is a completely inappropriate way to handle the situation. If he said something that bad, EJECT HIM FROM THE BUILDING.
Your last five words are the key here, if you can't behave like an adult in public, you gotta go. Zach Yeager never tolerated this nonsense. Hell, Atlas Security offered services to ROH and were told it wasn't needed before AEW was started. Joe Koff and Greg Gilleland laughed at them.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Brian Johnson aka Squid gimmick was "the security" as I mentioned earlier dude last I saw him at MSG had a massive beard and bald head and looked a lot like Hunter. Velvet confirmed that aspect of the story on twitter.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:21 pm

Yeah i think that’s another stupid thing about all of this. Its not like I haven’t heard fans be ejected from ROH in the past, and I’m sure it will be the same in the future. I am positive all this really occurs because it was about someone’s wife, If it was just another wrestler he would have been kicked out. It just sounds like a wife/Velvet was visibly pissed/upset at to what was said to her and a husband decided to deal with in a truly stupid way for everyone.

If there is a next time get them kicked out, there is no harm or foul about it. In the end it makes the show better for everyone.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:25 pm

I think fans have gotten spoiled with what is allowed and how it varies from place to place which does not help at all. I have never been a loud fan sitting front row I've always felt the need to watch the match and take it in, versus being part of it. Chanting, screaming, etc. isn't for me, but I'm pretty vanilla. I think people like the streamer guy have taken things too far and gotten too involved.

Now if you're going to heckle as I do at basketball games, the whole point is to be creative, not crude. There is no avenue for some of the things I've heard at wrestling shows. You'd never hear them anywhere else. I sat front row at MSG and nearly was hit by a flying ladder, dead center of the hard camera. What I heard from people behind me and around me was pretty clean. I can't say that applies to everyone and sadly if I had to bet I'd guess it was the complete opposite.
I think we have to some degree, I’m all for being creative and trying to get a rise out of a wrestler but there is a way to do it like you say. Fans need to stop trying to get yourself over as an individual, yeah go Bananas but seriously think before when you say something, character or not wrestlers are still people in the ring and I imagine they can hear some shit which is really offensive and nothing is ever made of it.

Also I don’t really get why people are bringing up what he said as a wrestler to other fans. Him as a wrestler has nothing to do with this, I’m sure he knew half the shit he said was overboard and would never say anything like that in public. This became a personal issue for him, wrongly by the way, and then was handled in just a completely stupid way.

Just on streamer guy I think he himself goes to the extreme level of passion but I know he wouldn’t do anything or say anything too stupid he’s just has a complete love for ROH and that’s awesome too me, and watching live he gets other people going too, honestly I’d rather have a huge crowed of people like him compared to guy trying to make others laugh and get himself ‘over’ for saying insulting shit and not really watching the match.

If after all of this, Bully and Mandy are gone, which there should be a real possibility of, i’m not going to shed one tear but man what a way to go.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

WTF happend to this company. Pathetic.
MOOSE!
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:26 pm Brian Johnson aka Squid gimmick was "the security" as I mentioned earlier dude last I saw him at MSG had a massive beard and bald head and looked a lot like Hunter. Velvet confirmed that aspect of the story on twitter.
So a different guy from #1 Brian Johnson on Future of Honor?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Mandy should be fired for spitting on a fan . Bubba should have just let it go . So what his partner got her feelings her. It wrestling heels are supposed to get heckled by the fans. If a heel does not get any heat then they are not much of a heel . Bubba has said so much worse to fans over a live mic for decades . Talk about living in glass houses.
AnHonorableMention

Zhuge1 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:54 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:26 pm Brian Johnson aka Squid gimmick was "the security" as I mentioned earlier dude last I saw him at MSG had a massive beard and bald head and looked a lot like Hunter. Velvet confirmed that aspect of the story on twitter.

Same guy, this photo is either new or out dated as he had a large beard in April.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:47 pm

I think we have to some degree, I’m all for being creative and trying to get a rise out of a wrestler but there is a way to do it like you say. Fans need to stop trying to get yourself over as an individual, yeah go Bananas but seriously think before when you say something, character or not wrestlers are still people in the ring and I imagine they can hear some shit which is really offensive and nothing is ever made of it.

Also I don’t really get why people are bringing up what he said as a wrestler to other fans. Him as a wrestler has nothing to do with this, I’m sure he knew half the shit he said was overboard and would never say anything like that in public. This became a personal issue for him, wrongly by the way, and then was handled in just a completely stupid way.

Just on streamer guy I think he himself goes to the extreme level of passion but I know he wouldn’t do anything or say anything too stupid he’s just has a complete love for ROH and that’s awesome too me, and watching live he gets other people going too, honestly I’d rather have a huge crowed of people like him compared to guy trying to make others laugh and get himself ‘over’ for saying insulting shit and not really watching the match.

If after all of this, Bully and Mandy are gone, which there should be a real possibility of, i’m not going to shed one tear but man what a way to go.
In reference to streamer guy, I have a big problem with a fan making the show about himself. He bought his ticket like everyone else. Don’t wear a shirt with your name on it and take attention away from the wrestlers. He’s a nice guy but his approach is all wrong.

Bubba isn’t going anywhere and neither is anyone else, involved or on the outside. ROH has no alternative planning. They are run by a narrow minded company and that trickles down to the wrestling side sadly.
Captain Podcast
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:31 am
Zhuge1 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:54 am

Same guy, this photo is either new or out dated as he had a large beard in April.
https://youtu.be/xl6nyFQbJkY
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:35 am
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:47 pm

In reference to streamer guy, I have a big problem with a fan making the show about himself. He bought his ticket like everyone else. Don’t wear a shirt with your name on it and take attention away from the wrestlers. He’s a nice guy but his approach is all wrong.

Bubba isn’t going anywhere and neither is anyone else, involved or on the outside. ROH has no alternative planning. They are run by a narrow minded company and that trickles down to the wrestling side sadly.
Yeah he can be too much and sometimes I say to myself can you shut up for a minute, but he does tend to get the crowd up and going which for whatever reason needs a nucleur bomb at times to get going, crowds just feel so stupid to the action going on in front of them. By the way when did crowds forget how to be crowds and take wrestlers ques when to clap etc, being a fan looks like it's starting to become a lost art.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.