New matches for Border Wars!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

Re: New matches for Border Wars!

Post by fm20000 »

We better get some cool Benjamin ladder spots since this is a fight without honor.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

fm20000 wrote:We better get some cool Benjamin ladder spots since this is a fight without honor.
Yes!!!!!!!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

fm20000 wrote:We better get some cool Benjamin ladder spots since this is a fight without honor.
I doubt it. I imagine we'll see several chair shots. Then at the next set of TV tapings, Haas and Benjamin will be angry they were hit with chairs, so they'll hit the Briscoes with chairs, be fined $5,000 and the cycle continues :lol:
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

So, what will Elgin be doing?
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

SteenMark23 wrote:So, what will Elgin be doing?
Probably facing Adam Cole
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Generico/Jacobs in some sort of violent match I could see happening, but with a FWOH already on the card it doesn't seem as likely at the moment.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

1. Davey/Steen
2. WGTT/Briscoes
3. Eddie/Rhino
4. Finlay/Strong
5. Storm/Bennett
6. Elgin/Cole
7. Ciampa/Lethal
8. ANX/Bucks

I'm guessing that'll be the final card. Although TJP is apparently booked on the show but not listed on the ROH site, just his personal one.

Maybe:
Spoiler: show
He'll team up with ANX to take on Bucks and Mondo?
McBenedict

Post by McBenedict »

Marketh. wrote:Roderick has nothing to gain from beating Finlay, he's already a main-eventer.
Isn't Finlay leaving? I don't see the gain of having one of your champions lose and not get a chance of revenge.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

McBenedict wrote:
Marketh. wrote:Roderick has nothing to gain from beating Finlay, he's already a main-eventer.
Isn't Finlay leaving? I don't see the gain of having one of your champions lose and not get a chance of revenge.
Well of course there's no gain, it's probably not going to happen anyway. I'm saying that Roderick shouldn't get this match because someone who needs to be elevated and pushed should, like Elgin.

It's bad enough that Roderick got one of Hero's only return matches.
Last Real Man Hype
McBenedict

Post by McBenedict »

Marketh. wrote:
McBenedict wrote:
Well of course there's no gain, it's probably not going to happen anyway. I'm saying that Roderick shouldn't get this match because someone who needs to be elevated and pushed should, like Elgin.

I thought you were saying Roderick should lose. Misunderstanding but I sumwhat agree. Elgin is a legit guy after that Richards match and it's ROH best intentions to run the best match they can. Like Joe/Kobashi. Joe didn't really need the match like someone like Strong did at the time but they would of sacrificed a dream match and arguably the biggest match in history. Granted this match is nowhere in that league but I'm sure you understand my point. Strong/Finlay is a draw people may want to see. Personally I would rather have Finlay & Elgin vs. The Briscoes but I understand why they did this....even though I think Strong is terrible.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I don't agree with all the peole moaning about the WGGT/Briscoes blow-off Match, since these type of matches always deliver and will hide WGGT's lack of wrestling skills. Plus, be sure to see some crazy Benjamin ladder spots, you know they have to do it to make the match at least a bit interesting.
The match I'm not happy with, is the Eddie/Rhino Match, such a waste of talent IMO, why Rhino should be in such a high caliber match is beyond me!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

McBenedict wrote:
Marketh. wrote:
McBenedict wrote: Isn't Finlay leaving? I don't see the gain of having one of your champions lose and not get a chance of revenge.

I thought you were saying Roderick should lose. Misunderstanding but I sumwhat agree. Elgin is a legit guy after that Richards match and it's ROH best intentions to run the best match they can. Like Joe/Kobashi. Joe didn't really need the match like someone like Strong did at the time but they would of sacrificed a dream match and arguably the biggest match in history. Granted this match is nowhere in that league but I'm sure you understand my point. Strong/Finlay is a draw people may want to see. Personally I would rather have Finlay & Elgin vs. The Briscoes but I understand why they did this....even though I think Strong is terrible.
You make a point, except for the fact that I don't think Strong would be a draw at all. Whereas people are buzzing about Elgin after that Davey match, so they need to get him doing stuff to keep people interested instead of going back to the midcard until they decide to really activate his push.
Last Real Man Hype
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Marketh. wrote: Whereas people are buzzing about Elgin after that Davey match, so they need to get him doing stuff to keep people interested instead of going back to the midcard until they decide to really activate his push.
That makes sense actually. Plus they could go with some sort of angle where Roddy doesn't want to face Finlay or something, so he makes Elgin do it?
Granatapersempre

Post by Granatapersempre »

If Roddy doesn't kill Finlay, i riot
BalzOfHonor

Post by BalzOfHonor »

As long as Roddy and Finlay get in a chopping war, it's all good.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/major- ... order-wars

- “The Belfast Bruiser” Fit Finlay vs. ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong with Truth Martini

It was announced recently that Fit Finlay would make his ROH debut in Toronto, and now we that all the paperwork is finalized, we can announce that one of the hardest fighting men in professional wrestling is set to take on one of ROH’s hardest hitters. It’s Finlay versus the current ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong in what is sure to be a battle of who can hit harder. Strong is riding high after capturing the TV Title at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 2” & becoming only ROH’s 2nd Triple Crown Champion so his confidence is at an all time high heading into this one. Between that, and with the HoT at his back, Strong may be the odds on favorite to win this one, but it’s safe to say Finlay will fight them all if need be to get that win in his ROH debut! And there may be some added incentive for Finlay as the TV Title could be on the line should Strong retain in his upcoming defense against Adam Cole on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV!

And with that we close another case of ROH fans not having enough patience
che08

Post by che08 »

Not bad,if it even have just main event,it will be amazing show :D But for me it's much more important?where they are going to droadcast it,just 25 days left
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

since it was announced another MAJOR name will be added, I made a guess as to who hat might be ;) I hope they weren't referring to Storm, but to me another top Canadian wrestler comes to mind, here's my full card for Border Wars:
ROH Championship
Davey Richards vs Kevin Steen

ROH Tag Team Championship - Fight without Honor
The Briscoes vs WGGT

ROH TV Championship
Roderick Strong vs Finlay

Eddie Edwards vs Rhino

SITS - Rematch
Lance Storm vs Mike Bennett

Michael Elgin vs Kenny Omega ;)

Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole....we definitely need a "real" match between those two, after what happened at the last iPPV

TJP & Amazing Red vs Young Bucks

Toronto Double Danger Scramble Match
Kenny King vs Rhett Titus vs Jimmy Jacobs vs BJ Whitmer vs Tommasso Ciampa vs Jay Lethal
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Didn't Kenny Omega say he hated ROH in his Cabana podcast?

Besides he's AJPW Junior Champ
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
Michael Elgin vs Kenny Omega ;)
Dude don't even tease me with that. I would order this show 4 times if they added that match.