New matches for Border Wars!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Nigel LikesGuinness

Re: New matches for Border Wars!

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

YimYac wrote:Didn't Kenny Omega say he hated ROH in his Cabana podcast?

Besides he's AJPW Junior Champ

What was the reason he hated ROH?
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I did re-read the newswire, and it indeed claimed there will be another major name besides Finlay. Since I doubt somehow they are referring to Storm, who's just recently been on the last iPPV, I really wonder who that name in question might be. Kenny Omega definitely is the first name that I thought of, taking into account the show will be in Toronto.
Regardless of who it ends up being, I sure as hell hope, he gets to face Elgin, that guy needs some more big wins!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I did re-read the newswire, and it indeed claimed there will be another major name besides Finlay. Since I doubt somehow they are referring to Storm, who's just recently been on the last iPPV, I really wonder who that name in question might be. Kenny Omega definitely is the first name that I thought of, taking into account the show will be in Toronto.
Regardless of who it ends up being, I sure as hell hope, he gets to face Elgin, that guy needs some more big wins!
Elgin will face Cole and i have a feeling it might be Strom since he has yet to be offically named on the card yet. Although i hope i'm wrong about that as more big names added to the card is more then welcome! Since i am sitting front row and all :)
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Don't get your hopes up with Kenny Omega. If he is there, that would be incredible. But I'm not expecting it at all. Maybe Edge will stop by? Heard his contract with Vince expires at the beginning of May.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Nigel LikesGuinness wrote:
YimYac wrote:Didn't Kenny Omega say he hated ROH in his Cabana podcast?

Besides he's AJPW Junior Champ

What was the reason he hated ROH?
Gotta rewatch but I know he doesn't really have plans for doing much outside Japan
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Mmmmm Japanese Woman i'd stay too! J/K

Seriously though it's not just ROH Omega left behind he was also a pretty big deal in PWG. To bad if he would have stuck around i have no doubt in my mind he would have won the ROH world title at some point.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

In his AOW Podcast he basically said he(Omega) doesen't want booked anywhere but Japan. He even went as far as to say DO NOT contact me for bookings. So even though that was a few months ago I doubt he's coming back.
cviens

Post by cviens »

Well Omega is AJP Jr. Heavyweight Champion so he works dates for both DDT and AJP.
ln586856

Post by ln586856 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:I don't agree with all the peole moaning about the WGGT/Briscoes blow-off Match, since these type of matches always deliver and will hide WGGT's lack of wrestling skills. Plus, be sure to see some crazy Benjamin ladder spots, you know they have to do it to make the match at least a bit interesting.
The match I'm not happy with, is the Eddie/Rhino Match, such a waste of talent IMO, why Rhino should be in such a high caliber match is beyond me!
Do they, though? A cage would be a more fitting blow-off.

I think the Eddie/Rhino match could be interesting, fresh. Briscoes vs WGGT for the 80th time? Not so much. Please do something to make this the last Briscoes vs WGGT match! The match had better live up to expectations for the feud to mean something!!!