I know ROH doesn't have the highest budget...

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Small Package

Re: I know ROH doesn't have the highest budget...

Post by Mr. Small Package »

That actually happened? :?

Also, who is Jeff Jones?
Tree

Post by Tree »

Mr. Small Package wrote:That actually happened? :?

Also, who is Jeff Jones?
"Judge" Jeff Jones was a heel referee in ECW, who went on to become a heel manager. pretty sure he was Mike Awesome's manager when Awesome won the ECW World Title.

google or youtube him.

he's now a Sinclair employee. during the Cole/O'Reilly match in florida, when the feed went down, he very loudly came out from behind the curtain screaming "stop the match! stop the match!" and waving his hands frantically. nothing subtle about it.

why he didn't whisper in Bobby Cruise's ear, and have Cruise get the info to the in-ring ref Paul Turner is beyond me. it was awkward, and really destroyed any sense of preserving kayfabe, which is something i abhor. it also put Turner, Cole, and O'Reilly in an awkward spot, because i felt like Jones' action caused a panicked reaction, instead of it playing out more naturally.

these things happen. i get it. i was involved behind the scenes in wrestling for several years, and even co-promoted my own company down here in Texas for a couple. but that was one of those inexusable things to me.

maybe i'm off base. maybe i'm wrong, and there are more seasoned wrestling professionals on this board who could tell me that. but i am rarely harsh in my criticism of ROH, and this was one of those things that made me go "wow. are you serious???"
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Tree wrote:

Also, who is Jeff Jones?
pretty sure he was Mike Awesome's manager when Awesome won the ECW World Title.
Yes he was.
MOOSE!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Tree wrote:

Also, who is Jeff Jones?
"Judge" Jeff Jones was a heel referee in ECW, who went on to become a heel manager. pretty sure he was Mike Awesome's manager when Awesome won the ECW World Title.

google or youtube him.

he's now a Sinclair employee. during the Cole/O'Reilly match in florida, when the feed went down, he very loudly came out from behind the curtain screaming "stop the match! stop the match!" and waving his hands frantically. nothing subtle about it.

why he didn't whisper in Bobby Cruise's ear, and have Cruise get the info to the in-ring ref Paul Turner is beyond me. it was awkward, and really destroyed any sense of preserving kayfabe, which is something i abhor. it also put Turner, Cole, and O'Reilly in an awkward spot, because i felt like Jones' action caused a panicked reaction, instead of it playing out more naturally.

these things happen. i get it. i was involved behind the scenes in wrestling for several years, and even co-promoted my own company down here in Texas for a couple. but that was one of those inexusable things to me.

maybe i'm off base. maybe i'm wrong, and there are more seasoned wrestling professionals on this board who could tell me that. but i am rarely harsh in my criticism of ROH, and this was one of those things that made me go "wow. are you serious???"
Wasn't broadcast and nobody here would know if you didn't say anything. If anything you just made it a lot more serious than it needed to be =/
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Mr. Small Package wrote: Also, who is Jeff Jones?
A moron who doesn't know how to set up tables without almost killing a bunch of fans.
Motion.

Post by Motion. »

The graphics on the ROH website annoy the hell out of me. Although the images aren't stretched out as much as they used to be, they are still of really poor quality.

I'm not asking for super slick pictures on every part of the website, but they really should put more effort into making their pictures look a bit more professional. Sticking wrestlers onto a blank background is one thing, but to pick such blurry images of them is just unacceptable in my opinion.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Someone else nailed it by saying that even a small promotion like CHIKARA trumps ROH when it comes to organization and graphics. ROH has the means to make their website better as well as their videos, but for some reason they're failing to do so. They really need to improve on that front as well as the production of their television show. I'm honestly more prone to enjoy and support a promotion like PWG because ROH is so different from what it used to be. I stopped watching the TV product months ago because I couldn't get over how boring the matches are put across and the overall look of the show.