When will WGTT lose the Titles?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Generic Luchador

When will WGTT lose the Titles?

Post by The Generic Luchador »

I wanna say Final Battle but I don't know if Dem Boys will win.

Your guys thoughts?
WrestlingMatters

Re: When will WGTT lose the Titles?

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Hopefully soon, I think they're the worst Tag Champs since Rinauro & Mamaluke.
Last edited by WrestlingMatters on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

id never really seen them too much before they got here since i don t watch WWE but i guess i was hoping for a little more from them.

anyways i think theyll retain at FB and maybe drop the titles early next year. I wouldnt mind a surprise Young Bucks or Future Shock title win/short reign before ANX captures the gold.
Eating little kids

Post by Eating little kids »

I hope they keep the belts for a long time. Theres really no one else that can take them right now. Briscoes? No. ANX? No. FutureShock? No. Young Bucks? No. Their one of the best things going right now in ROH so I hope they hold onto them for a good while.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I'm not sure the Briscoes should win the belts but I've not been overly impressed with WGTT as of late. They seem to have gotten a bit lazy and their matches have suffered. Hopefully they'll step it up and ANX will win the titles at the 10th Anniversary Show.
crimsonmasque

Post by crimsonmasque »

Was a big fan of them in WWE, but not so much now. Seems like they "mail it in" at times.
I love that ROH has a big tag-team division, and they are all (for the most part) really good tag teams.

I wouldn't mind ANX winning the belts. I'm still somewhat new to ROH, so I'm not sure if they've ever won the belts.
I know the Briscoes have, and while I like them also, it would be cool for someone else to win the belts.
dougiefresh605

Post by dougiefresh605 »

I think they'll lose the belts at Final Battle. Somehow ANX will get added to the WGTT/Briscoes tag title match and will win the straps
Rudas_Iskariot

Post by Rudas_Iskariot »

i bet they beat dem boys at final battle. but i see them dropping the strap to ANX either at the next TV or IPPV.

id like to see future shock get a run with the belts sometime in 2012.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

They need to ditch the longest tag team name ever. It's annoying that their full title is "ROH World Tag Team Champions Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)"

Also, the name doesn't work for a top face team anymore, and I think the way they carry themselves is too heelish. On the SBG live press conference, they were the guys in the smart suits praising the corporate buyout and talking as if they knew more than anyone else what ROH was about. Then when The Briscoes enter the scene, cursing and wearing street clothes and showing more personality than anyone else was in that conference, WGTT are just like "we're being professional".
Last Real Man Hype
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

Eating little kids wrote:I hope they keep the belts for a long time. Theres really no one else that can take them right now. Briscoes? No. ANX? No. FutureShock? No. Young Bucks? No. Their one of the best things going right now in ROH so I hope they hold onto them for a good while.
Give one valid reason for why any of those teams couldn't win the belts.
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

ANX can, but I don't see the logic in putting the belts on any team before them except the Briscoes.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Marketh. wrote:They need to ditch the longest tag team name ever. It's annoying that their full title is "ROH World Tag Team Champions Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)"

Also, the name doesn't work for a top face team anymore, and I think the way they carry themselves is too heelish. On the SBG live press conference, they were the guys in the smart suits praising the corporate buyout and talking as if they knew more than anyone else what ROH was about. Then when The Briscoes enter the scene, cursing and wearing street clothes and showing more personality than anyone else was in that conference, WGTT are just like "we're being professional".
I definitely agree with them showing more heel traits than they should. Why on earth should a face team be chasing a rival team off with steel chairs, regardless of the backstory?

If ROH were clever, they'd notice the negative buzz surrounding WGTT and turn them heel, that could really work IMO.
No Remorse

Post by No Remorse »

WrestlingMatters wrote:Hopefully soon, I think they're the worst Tag Champs since Rinauro & Mamaluke.
I totally agree.
ad.breed

Post by ad.breed »

Soon, please soon!