ROH "State of the Art 2019" Thread (6.2.2019)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

ROH "State of the Art 2019" Thread (6.2.2019)

Post by TYFDK »

So apparently, night 1 of these shows is now a TV taping. Which blows. So this is a thread for night 2, since that will air on HonorClub.

According to the latest Eck's Files, though. These matches will happen here:

Defy or Deny Match (Elimination match where if any of the challengers win, they receive a future ROH World Championship match. If the champion wins, whoever loses last will not receive another title shot as long as that champion is...champion)
Matt Taven (or Tracy Williams, should he defeat Taven on night 1) vs. Flip Gordon vs. Mark Haskins vs. PCO

Tag Team Gauntlet Match for a future shot at the ROH World Tag Team Titles
Montana

Re: ROH "State of the Art 2019" Thread (6.2.2019)

Post by Montana »

That sucks that Night 1 was turned into a tv taping, cause Chicago WOTW was turned from a ROH on Tour to a TV taping as well. Manhattan Mayhem in July is a TV taping as well.

Portland also has:

JAY LETHAL vs. JAY BRISCOE
Jeff Cobb vs. PJ Black
Mark Briscoe vs. Josh Woods
TAG TEAM GAUNTLET MATCH
THE BOUNCERS (BEER CITY BRUISER & BRAWLER MILONAS), TK O’RYAN & VINNY MARSEGLIA, COAST 2 COAST (SHAHEEM ALI & LSG), ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION SHANE TAYLOR & SILAS YOUNG, RUSH & DALTON CASTLE (WILD-CARD TEAM)
DEFY OR DENY
ROH WORLD CHAMPION MATT TAVEN vs. PCO vs. FLIP GORDON vs. MARK HASKINS
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

wow...they really need better tag teams besides briscoes, Villain Enterprises and lifeblood.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:52 am wow...they really need better tag teams besides briscoes, Villain Enterprises and lifeblood.
Coast 2 Coast are getting there, just need those couple of matches with say Life Blood to really set them up, Once the boys get a remake they should add something too, as outside ROH they've had some good matches.

I have no problem in the idea ROH has for it's tag team division, there is a great variety in styles, it's the quality of the wrestlers that bothers me most. It's having to make up the tag team division with unions rather than actually tag teams like Taylor and Silas, right now it should be Taylor defending the ROH TV Title. Lower Tier talent has a long way to go, and I have no idea why it doesn't look to get better.

I think the cards overall have a lot of call backs to recent events that probably should have happened sooner, but make sense overall and others have further historical value. There is a good focus on the ROH title, with a range of guys that have issues with Taven, It's a match that could grow other feuds from it, with say Haskins vs Flip. I like the idea of RUSH and Castle it adds another dimension with them.

Overall I think the booking and strategy for the future is making sense and it looks like there is a plan
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

I do like the pairing of RUSH and Dalton Castle as the possible beginnings of Los Ingobernables de Estados Unidos if that's the route they're going to go in.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:52 am wow...they really need better tag teams besides briscoes, Villain Enterprises and lifeblood.
Don't sleep on Coast 2 Coast. They can be pretty great if given the time. The problem is that the booking doesn't give them the time.
Montana

Post by Montana »

C2C ain't bad... but i saw them in Grand Rapids against the NJPW dojo and they just didn't feel like they had it. The Young Lions basically out shined them. Maybe you could say C2C was trying to wrestle as heels, maybe they were hurt, IDK... but think there is a reason ROH pirimarily uses them for TV and not house shows. At least for early in their ROH career.

Personally, I'd take the bouncers over C2C, but think there is space for both these teams. Bouncers vs C2C could be a decent feud. Losing veteran teams like Bucks, SCU, and MCMG in one year hasn't helped.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I think their twitter account said that they’re airing 1 match tonight
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

An enjoyable four way that continues the story between Castle and RUSH as well as announcing 2 more matches for Best in the World.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Did ROH have any kind of problem with the stream yesterday? I watched the 4 way on Honor Club but a friend told me that there is a torrent with a 2 and a half hour show with everything, just missing the last 2 matches (taven vs williams and cobb vs haskins).

WTF.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:55 am Did ROH have any kind of problem with the stream yesterday? I watched the 4 way on Honor Club but a friend told me that there is a torrent with a 2 and a half hour show with everything, just missing the last 2 matches (taven vs williams and cobb vs haskins).

WTF.
This happened in Chicago, too. And what they aired was all raw footage. Like the commentators would pitch to a video package that we wouldn't see, or we'd hear there bantering or getting cues during commercial breaks. They also spoiled things by talking about matches that hadn't happened yet because I guess they taped in a different order than they are planning on airing things in.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I left my steam on just to see if they would accidently play more of the show and I got nothing.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Almost the full show from last night is on a site I really think people need to be replaced because it seems there is no motivation to grow the brand that is Roh
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Not exactly a full house at tonight's show
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I don't believe the 2nd level were made available for sale. They do the same thing in Baltimore.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

– Anything Goes Match: Tracy Williams defeated Bully Ray @ 8:15 via pin

– Mazzerati defeated Danika Della Rouge @ 5:10 via pin

– Mark Briscoe defeated Josh Woods @ 11:15 via pin

– Jeff Cobb defeated PJ Black @ 12:05 via pin

– #1 Contender’s Tag Team Gauntlet Match:The Bouncers won @ 34:20 via pin

– Jay Lethal defeated Jay Briscoe @ 25:10 via pin

– DEFY or DENY: Champion Matt Taven defeated PCO, Flip Gordon, & Mark Haskins @ 26:30 via pin
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Who got pinned in Defy or Deny?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Mike Adamle wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:46 am Who got pinned in Defy or Deny?
Flip Gordon
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:04 am
AlexROH wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:55 am Did ROH have any kind of problem with the stream yesterday? I watched the 4 way on Honor Club but a friend told me that there is a torrent with a 2 and a half hour show with everything, just missing the last 2 matches (taven vs williams and cobb vs haskins).

WTF.
This happened in Chicago, too. And what they aired was all raw footage. Like the commentators would pitch to a video package that we wouldn't see, or we'd hear there bantering or getting cues during commercial breaks. They also spoiled things by talking about matches that hadn't happened yet because I guess they taped in a different order than they are planning on airing things in.
Want to stress that this is being done illegally and I would personally ask that you avoid watching these. This footage is being pirated and measures are being taken to prevent this.
Big Red Machine

It's really an odd thing for someone to do on purpose, as no one really gains anything from it. Anyone watching is subjected to a non-finished (and thus less enjoyable) product, it's going to be seen free on TV anyway so I can't see a financial motive, it seems like it'd be insanely difficult to get the footage (I don't know enough about digitally-taped files are stored - can you hack a camera?) to the point where it seems like it'd have to be an inside job, which doesn't make any sense, either, as if someone wanted to sabotage the company, there are probably much more damaging things they could do then let this footage out early and in an unfinished form (like corrupt the footage).