ROH should look into YouTube Pay Per View for it's IPPV's?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

ROH should look into YouTube Pay Per View for it's IPPV's?

Post by HarpoonIPA »

It costs only penny's on the dollar. You also know your getting top of the line technology from Google/youtube. I have been using the youtube PPV plan for a while now to get my Cricket fix.
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Re: ROH should look into YouTube Pay Per View for it's IPPV'

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

This would be awesome. I'd also like to see the ROH TV show put on YouTube each week (on the Friday for example), would definitely increase exposure to the product.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:This would be awesome. I'd also like to see the ROH TV show put on YouTube each week (on the Friday for example), would definitely increase exposure to the product.
I don't see ROH doing the second part anytime soon, since they put the TV show on their site for hits, and that's ok.

The first part, however, yes. As long as ROH will be making money, they should totally be using YouTube.
If not for the whole iPPV, at least the pre-show or something like that.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

TYFDK wrote:
ROHWorld_Harry wrote:This would be awesome. I'd also like to see the ROH TV show put on YouTube each week (on the Friday for example), would definitely increase exposure to the product.
I don't see ROH doing the second part anytime soon, since they put the TV show on their site for hits, and that's ok.

The first part, however, yes. As long as ROH will be making money, they should totally be using YouTube.
But wouldn't the show get viewed even more if it was on YouTube? There's lots of ads within the show itself for new DVDs etc so they're still promoting the merch?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
TYFDK wrote:

But wouldn't the show get viewed even more if it was on YouTube? There's lots of ads within the show itself for new DVDs etc so they're still promoting the merch?
I just now processed the fact that fans that are signed up could still get it earlier than if it was on YouTube by Fridays.

But still, can't ROH get some money from people going to their website? I thought they could. That's not to say they can't do both...maybe they could post it to YouTube a week after Ringside Members get it.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

TYFDK wrote:I just now processed the fact that fans that are signed up could still get it earlier than if it was on YouTube by Fridays.

But still, can't ROH get some money from people going to their website? I thought they could. That's not to say they can't do both...maybe they could post it to YouTube a week after Ringside Members get it.
They'll only make money from their website by selling merch on the store or any ad clicks. And as far as I'm aware, their site doesn't have any ads? (I have adblock installed so it's been awhile since I've seen the site without adblock)

I just remember when TJP vs Lethal was on the TV show, I wanted to show one of my friends. But it was a bit of a hassle trying to convince him to watch something where he has to sign up. If it was just a YouTube vid he could've watched the show much easier.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

Maybe ROH could do something like CHIKARA does with their Podcast A-Go-Go and show a random match from the not so distant past (within the last year or so) on their YouTube channel. They may even be able to work it into the Video Wires or something. Didn't they used to have matches in the Video Wire?
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

ROHWorld_Jon wrote:Maybe ROH could do something like CHIKARA does with their Podcast A-Go-Go and show a random match from the not so distant past (within the last year or so) on their YouTube channel. They may even be able to work it into the Video Wires or something. Didn't they used to have matches in the Video Wire?
They used to upload full matches but stopped for some reason.
cviens

Post by cviens »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:
TYFDK wrote:I just now processed the fact that fans that are signed up could still get it earlier than if it was on YouTube by Fridays.

They'll only make money from their website by selling merch on the store or any ad clicks. And as far as I'm aware, their site doesn't have any ads? (I have adblock installed so it's been awhile since I've seen the site without adblock)

I just remember when TJP vs Lethal was on the TV show, I wanted to show one of my friends. But it was a bit of a hassle trying to convince him to watch something where he has to sign up. If it was just a YouTube vid he could've watched the show much easier.
I just went and looked and they have an ad for some custom t-shirt company on the right side and up at the top they've got an ad for the 2-disc Nigel McGuinness DVD.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

cviens wrote: I just went and looked and they have an ad for some custom t-shirt company on the right side and up at the top they've got an ad for the 2-disc Nigel McGuinness DVD.
Its the same t-shirt place that is (or was? I usually fast forward past his ads) a sponsor for the Art of Wrestling.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

icyhot wrote:
cviens wrote: I just went and looked and they have an ad for some custom t-shirt company on the right side and up at the top they've got an ad for the 2-disc Nigel McGuinness DVD.
Its the same t-shirt place that is (or was? I usually fast forward past his ads) a sponsor for the Art of Wrestling.
Yea it is.

I skip all the AOW ads too :lol: No idea why he puts them in every week as surely everyone must just skip until after song of the week where he actually starts talking to the guest